US Airways Excellence Program

lowfareair

Advanced
Aug 20, 2002
[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/12/2002 9:45:25 PM planeluvr wrote:

I just received certificates to acknowledge U employees when they are "especially helpful and considerate". I guess it mimics the now passing "SOS" program at AA.

The certificate requires the employees first and last name as well as the employee ID#. I will have no problem giving out these cards because I always seem to get excellent customer service at U. I have a question in how would you like this process carried out,i.e. give you the card to fill out and mail in or would you rather I fill out and send in. For Reservations and Awards, I will have to send the acknowledgement by an url they have established, so there is no choice in that matter.

Just curious how the employees feel about the process and how you would like it handled.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Even though I'm not an employee, you fill it out first no matter what. Don't let yours get bartered by employees.

I just received certificates to acknowledge U employees when they are especially helpful and considerate. I guess it mimics the now passing SOS program at AA.
The certificate requires the employees first and last name as well as the employee ID#. I will have no problem giving out these cards because I always seem to get excellent customer service at U. I have a question in how would you like this process carried out,i.e. give you the card to fill out and mail in or would you rather I fill out and send in. For Reservations and Awards, I will have to send the acknowledgement by an url they have established, so there is no choice in that matter.
Just curious how the employees feel about the process and how you would like it handled.

I havent heard about this program yet. Dont know if I missed it or we just havent been advised about it. You might have a problem getting employees to give you their full name AND employee number until they are aware of the program and requirements. We have been advised that we do not have to provide employee # and FULL names for obvious safety reasons. That is one reason that employees dont all have full names on their nametags.
If you want to give one out at the airport you could ask to speak to a supervisor and they could handle it.
Is it something that the agent is to keep or something that gets mailed in and calculated? Since I'm not aware of the program, I dont know the best way to tell you to handle it for now. I will check into it from an employee standpoint and let you know what I hear though.

The security issue was the reason I asked.

The card is mailed to:

US AIRWAYS
Excellence Program
PO Box 10040
Rochester, NY 14160-9885

It says it helps recognize those who are setting new standards of excellence at US Airways.

Just let me know what's the best way.

Excuse me young man...you have given me such good service I would like to reward you in some way
Please give me your full name......
Also your employee number....
Just to make sure you get credit....I will pull up your SS number off the internet....and
One last question....are you by any chance a credit union member?

if usairways i coming out with this program, which aa i doing away with, because they have found out that, passengers have used these to get fees waived and free upgrades, then this is stupid on a company who is broke...what does the customer get for sending this is, nothing, but maybe fees waived and free upgrades.....oh i only have one coupon, but i will send this in for you, if your let me go with just one....i can see it now...please if upper management does read this, put a stop to it, or there will be much more loss than what is happening now......

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/13/2002 9:37:01 PM hopethingswillbeok wrote:

what does the customer get for sending this is, nothing, but maybe fees waived and free upgrades.....
----------------
[/blockquote]

Right, of course no one ever does something like this because they appreciated good service, they only do things like this to somehow cheat the company.

Out of curiousity hopethingswillbeok do you believe that all your customers are low life scum? or am somehow misinterpreting the general view I've seen in your posts?

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/13/2002 9:37:01 PM hopethingswillbeok wrote:

if usairways i coming out with this program, which aa i doing away with, because they have found out that, passengers have used these to get fees waived and free upgrades, then this is stupid on a company who is broke...what does the customer get for sending this is, nothing, but maybe fees waived and free upgrades.....oh i only have one coupon, but i will send this in for you, if your let me go with just one....i can see it now...please if upper management does read this, put a stop to it, or there will be much more loss than what is happening now......
----------------
[/blockquote]

I got the certificates of excellence to carry around. I'm CP.

Had it ever crossed your mind that the best judges of customer service are going to be the people who fly U the most? I already get free upgrades, and if I want something fixed (not rules broken, but fixed) in a jam I'm usually on the phone with the CP desk long before I ever get to a human at the airport?

I'm baffled by why people think that elites are out to screw US over. If I wanted to do that, I'd simply move all my travel to somebody else, not try to bribe my way to a free lunch.