US Airways Pilots' Labor Discussion 4/2-4/8

Status
Not open for further replies.
""Another member is CJ Szmal, who participated in the “O-K Corral.â€￾ He wanted DOH for our CAs in return for getting credit for his furlough and “DASH-8â€￾ turbo-prop time.""

Even more powerful stuff, wow. And to think I didn't believe you could top yourself in linking the original rico complaint, my compliments. Not only did you top yourself once, but twice even, keep up the good work.

No arbitration was requested. There was a request for a facilitator. The company rejected that request. Evidently 3 1/2 years in talks is okay with them.

"Watch what they do, not what they say."

NYC

I read the article link and your quote. You are correct the request was for a facilitator. However, the article said, the two sides have been in negotiations since fall 2005 and you say 3 1/2 years, but there is no mention that the East walked out of negotiations, refused to negotiate for over 1 year of that period. According to the TA that is a triggering mechanism for the implementation of the NIC.

Now you can argue that talks were not canceled, just postponed while we had the representation election. Okay, if I were an outsider I might believe that, but USAPA and a new agenda for negotiations has only been under way for say 10 months.

I have a quick question. Is the newly elected Cleary, the guy who was vice-president that accused Parker of furloughing just to gain negotiation leverage at the CLT crew news some months back, to then later be scolded by an East pilot who does not like the USAPian agenda, and if so do you think he will win again when you finish with your election redo?

Election redo??????

Where DO you guys get this stuff?

Well I have heard that the Department of Labor has found something wrong with the election, and that there will be a do-over. Pretty sure my source was in attendance at the recent BPR meeting, and it was confirmed by the BPR. Seems there may have been a refusal by USAPA to allow members in good standing to run for office or vote (not quite sure which or both). By the way cost of the election somewhere around 25k.

Election redo??????

Where DO you guys get this stuff?
You really need to pay attention.

April 2, 2009 usapa update.

The BPR then received a report from Captain Mike Martin of the Appeal Board, with regard to an election protest received by the Appeal Board during the recent USAPA Presidential election. Captain Martin reported that during the election a pilot was deemed ineligible for candidacy. This pilot subsequently filed a protest with the Appeal Board; the Board reviewed the pilot’s protest and has upheld that protest, agreeing that this pilot was improperly ruled ineligible. The Board will report back to the BPR with recommended remedies to this upheld appeal as soon as possible.

The fix will be a redo. Just add this to the growing list of failures from usapa.

Hilarious. You describe ME as a straw man for quoting one of your "brain trust" out there from your war chest chatroom. Classic. I encourage everyone to read some of the exhibits A,B,C.D....
to quote Doc Holiday" "...very informative..."

For the future: remember that your words will come back to haunt you. (They did just now)

IRRELEVANT.

It's shocking how many angles you guys come up with that are 100% meaningless fluff in regards to the real, factual lawsuit. Seham has been admonished time and again for straying into the netherworld of irrelevant, emotionally charged B.S.. and you guys are there on the side lines cheering him on. :rolleyes: This is about what USAPA did. How USAPA failed in their legally binding obligations. The "members" have zero requirement to be involved, complicit, or supportive of their CBA, in any way other than to toss a few bucks at it. USAPA is clearly, and firmly on the wrong side of the law regardless of how many of you attempt to spin and revise history.

USAPA didn't come to being because ALPA sucked. Even the most casual observer can figure that one out...those spiffy yellow lanyards didn't say, "USAPA, a better choice than ALPA". What did they say again? Oh Yeah,

"Seniority Matters"

A curious first slogan from a fledgling new union that allegedly wasn't formed to evade the nic. award. Think a jury is going to buy that?

Honestly, did you guys under estimate the conviction of the West THAT badly? Did you really think you were going to be allowed to waltz in and "have your way" with anybody you wanted with their full, docile consent? I can't believe a group of adults could have been so myopic and stupid to have believed that. However, shock and disbelief at USAPAs decisions and behavior is nothing new.

I feel compelled to remind you that your side was warned, - in to uncertain terms- in the Youtube videos that they have galvanized the West like nothing ever has and if they wanted a fight on their hands they had best get ready to brawl as this one was going to the mat. However, bad legal advise, arrogance and raw emotion deafened the self appointed and now here we are, just where Seham promised you Wouldn't be. In front of a Judge.

USAPA is nothing but a school yard bully who got punched in the face by the kid whom they tried to intimidate. And just like a bully who gets punched on the playground, USAPA is standing there, frustrated, turning red, eyes welling up with tears, not sure what to do next because at the heart of all bully's lies a simple coward...Cleary, are you Listening?

3.5 weeks and counting. Can't wait.

Sounds like AOL will be out of money before then.

Please understand that if you have not given to LEONIDAS LLC, then you have not really contributed. If you have only contributed a token amount (e.g. $1, $5, or $20), then understand that you only helped us buy anywhere from 20 seconds to three minutes of an attorney's time, and that’s it. Also, for the record, the “sizable checkâ€￾ made by AWAPPA to our law firm this past January in furtherance of the legal campaign was enough to fund about one day of the upcoming trial- never mind the expenses necessary to get there.

http://www.armyofleonidas.org/

IRRELEVANT.

It's shocking how many angles you guys come up with that are 100% meaningless fluff in regards to the real, factual lawsuit. Seham has been admonished time and again for straying into the netherworld of irrelevant, emotionally charged B.S.. and you guys are there on the side lines cheering him on. :rolleyes: This is about what USAPA did. How USAPA failed in their legally binding obligations. The "members" have zero requirement to be involved, complicit, or supportive of their CBA, in any way other than to toss a few bucks at it. USAPA is clearly, and firmly on the wrong side of the law regardless of how many of you attempt to spin and revise history.

USAPA didn't come to being because ALPA sucked. Even the most casual observer can figure that one out...those spiffy yellow lanyards didn't say, "USAPA, a better choice than ALPA". What did they say again? Oh Yeah,

"Seniority Matters"

A curious first slogan from a fledgling new union that allegedly wasn't formed to evade the nic. award. Think a jury is going to buy that?

Honestly, did you guys under estimate the conviction of the West THAT badly? Did you really think you were going to be allowed to waltz in and "have your way" with anybody you wanted with their full, docile consent? I can't believe a group of adults could have been so myopic and stupid to have believed that. However, shock and disbelief at USAPAs decisions and behavior is nothing new.

I feel compelled to remind you that your side was warned, - in to uncertain terms- in the Youtube videos that they have galvanized the West like nothing ever has and if they wanted a fight on their hands they had best get ready to brawl as this one was going to the mat. However, bad legal advise, arrogance and raw emotion deafened the self appointed and now here we are, just where Seham promised you Wouldn't be. In front of a Judge.

USAPA is nothing but a school yard bully who got punched in the face by the kid whom they tried to intimidate. And just like a bully who gets punched on the playground, USAPA is standing there, frustrated, turning red, eyes welling up with tears, not sure what to do next because at the heart of all bully's lies a simple coward...Cleary, are you Listening?

Wow! That was awesome!!!! :up: :up:

Sounds like AOL will be out of money before then.

Please understand that if you have not given to LEONIDAS LLC, then you have not really contributed. If you have only contributed a token amount (e.g. $1, $5, or $20), then understand that you only helped us buy anywhere from 20 seconds to three minutes of an attorney's time, and that’s it. Also, for the record, the “sizable checkâ€￾ made by AWAPPA to our law firm this past January in furtherance of the legal campaign was enough to fund about one day of the upcoming trial- never mind the expenses necessary to get there.

http://www.armyofleonidas.org/

To the contrary. AOL, as I do, just happens to think that those shouldering the burden for the disinterested is unjust. ALL AWA pilots will benefit from a win in this trial. Why is it that the apathetic should get a free pass?

"Seniority Matters"

A curious first slogan from a fledgling new union that allegedly wasn't formed to evade the nic. award.

Metroyet,

I am pretty certain they went with the "Seniority Matters" slogan for the lanyards because........."MY SENIORITY MATTERS More Than The West Pilots Who Hold A Position Senior To Mine, Nevermind They Are Working Line Captains With More Length Of Service and I Am, Well I Am Furloughed, However I do Not Want To Steal Their Job, Just Move In Front Of Them Effectively Taking Their Future and Replacing It With A Better Future For Me, It Seems Much More Fair, After All The Senile Old Man Who Has Done Numerous Seniority Integrations Does Not Know Anything About Fundemental Union Principals, Otherwise There Is No Way He Would Have Placed Pilots From That Overgrown Commuter Operation In The Desert Which Now Owns And Operates The Airline Ahead Of A Pilot From A Legacy Carrier. Oh Did I Mention, MY SENIORITY IS NOT FOR SALE, Yet I Have A Lawyer Who Says We Can Buy Our Seniority At The Expense Of Said West Pilot By Offering The Company A Cost Nuetral Contract In Exchange For The West Pilots Seniority".....would not fit on the "yellow" lanyard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back