US Airways product changes

Coffee is a very tricky issue. I usually ask "How do you take your coffee?" which seems to be quite confusing. I generally surpress the urge to ask "So, how did you take it this morning? Think back."

Then, my wacky sister tells me she likes her first cup black and then changes it up as the day goes on, depending on what's she eating.

We live in one complicated world, I tell you! :lol:

Dea

sky high states: It's an industry abbreviation for
"would you like cream or sugar?" Which ONE would you like to do for 30 ROWS on a morning flight? HUH? :lol:

Is it airline industry jargon? I have heard people ask for black coffee in other places.

How about "Cream or sugar?"

Just 3 words, and without that emphasis on the color of the coffee (all caps) that might offend someone of certain ethnicity.....

Jim

Jargon is essentially conversational shortcuts between workers who need to communicate quickly and accurately.
The whole "Political Correctness" thing with the word black as it applies to coffee I'm not touching.

sky high states: Perfectly said, Bob. QUICKLY being the word we need to use here. In reality, once the MAIN CABIN DOOR is opened. You have approximately, 5 seconds before you see the BACK END of the agent running up the jetway. Why? They have passengers and other duties to tend to inside the terminal. Because of those 5 seconds...we have learned to shorten most requests to: "SPECIALS"......covering unaccompanied child, non-english assists, meet and assists, wheelchair passengers, etc..etc.
You dont communicate with the agent in a few seconds, you're screwed.......because they're gone! Thus, causing several passengers who need wheelchairs to become irate, because they have to wait.

Why go out of your way to hear a work relative conversation to try to get a rise out of the employees because you can. All this because your are not know as a non-rev. sound like you have issues
I wasn't trying to get a rise out of an employee. I was using this very old experience (7+ years ago! on another airline, even!) to illustrate the point that a customer has a choice when it comes to picking an air carrier. If price and service is equal (or perceived to be equal or very similar) how do we get that customer to choose US? Value and PERCIEVED value. ( Southwest RARELY is the always the lowest price anymore; jetBlue is PERCIEVED to have better customer service )

Think about it. Why do you frequent a certain restaurant over another one if the same type, quality, and quantity of food is offered at the same price (or maybe more?) as another? It's your PERCEIVED VALUE of that experience. And whether you'll admit it or not, one of the reasons we rationalize paying more for the same thing, sometimes, is because we're treated better (more "special") by the service people working there -- they smile, they remember your name, they remember your favorite drink/order/color, or whatever. If you deny this, you're foolin' yourself. It's part of the human psyche to NOT want be one of the masses, but to be recoginized as important or special. Industry jargon or not, every customer wants his/her experience to be "special" -- to be elevated above the masses -- why do you think people that haven't earned them ask for upgrades, why do think people try to carry more on board then allowed, heck, why do you think coach class pax try to use the F/C lav??? They want a unique and SPECIAL experience! It's part of our psychological nature and undeniable.

If you don't want to make your customers feel wanted, needed, appreciated, or frankly, special, than maybe you should reconsider being part of a customer service oriented business.

I was using this very old experience
As a customer service agent my job and federal law is to provide assistance to people with special needs. Customer with disability required more attention (special people). The F/A and agent are always concern about this issue when the door is cracked there has to be front line communications short and to the point. The first class customers are ready to deplane ASAP. And proper greeting is always a must as all the Q. A. that requires attention. Sometimes you have customers that ask for special treatment that don’t need it. That takes the resources away for the people that do. And I love being a CSA and damn good at that. That is why I am one now. ????