US Airways product changes

Thank you, thank you. And if we are on the subject of product names...I could never stand US's terms: Silver Preferred; Gold Preferred and Chairman's Preferred. Aren't ALL customers preferred? How insulting to the "non-preferred" group. Does that mean the company does not "prefer" your business if you only fly periodically? Get rid of the "preferred" list. Tier 1 2 and 3 are sufficient names without insulting everyone else. If I'm not a preferred guest on your airline, then I'll take my preferred money elsewhere. Even renaming the tiers to Silver Member, Gold Member, Chairman's Member is better than "Preferring one customer over another".

Too right, This "preferred" thing has to go.. Might as well announce " The rest of ye poor plebs can now board the aircraft"

Us HP frequent flyers really appreciate the curtains for F-cabins! You would think it would be such a small thing, but it really does make a difference in the quality of experience. One, it deters Y pax from coming forward through the F cabin to use the front lav and two, it creates a visual separation making the F area "feel" more cozy and secluded.

Small things add up. :up:
I think the Y pax should be able to use whichever lav is closest and available.

I think the Y pax should be able to use whichever lav is closest and available.
One of the benefits of flying F is having a quieter, less disturbed and, yes, more private environment. Given that the other major airlines have specific policies restricting lav usage, the unspoken reminder of having a curtain separation is feeble as it is.

Too right, This "preferred" thing has to go.. Might as well announce " The rest of ye poor plebs can now board the aircraft"
Kind of reminds me of when the jetway come up to the aircraft and the door opens and the flight attendant tells the gate agent, "we have 2 specials." One evening, I was the first one in line to disembark and since I was flying ID20, the FA didn't know I was a non-rev, so I said to her, "aren't we all special?" She just looked at me with the deer-the-headlights look and I walked on by...

But it's true -- all passengers are "preferred" as well as "special", too. Let's drop the "preferred" -- it's like the credit card companies -- some people are classic, others are gold or platinum, but they're all preferred customers, some just spend more money.

"specials" Well, here's something I've said hundreds of times and never thought about how it might sound to someone who didn't know what it meant. "Special assistance" beyond what the average traveler needs.

I'll make an effort from now on to say exactly what is needed.

Thanks for once again continuing my education.

Dea

"specials" Well, here's something I've said hundreds of times and never thought about how it might sound to someone who didn't know what it meant. "Special assistance" beyond what the average traveler needs.

I'll make an effort from now on to say exactly what is needed.

Thanks for once again continuing my education.

Dea

Thank you.

Thank you, thank you. And if we are on the subject of product names...I could never stand US's terms: Silver Preferred; Gold Preferred and Chairman's Preferred. Aren't ALL customers preferred? How insulting to the "non-preferred" group. Does that mean the company does not "prefer" your business if you only fly periodically? Get rid of the "preferred" list. Tier 1 2 and 3 are sufficient names without insulting everyone else. If I'm not a preferred guest on your airline, then I'll take my preferred money elsewhere. Even renaming the tiers to Silver Member, Gold Member, Chairman's Member is better than "Preferring one customer over another".
The same goes with all those onboard announcements where they say "We'd like to extend a SPECIAL welcome to our frequent flyers"

Us HP frequent flyers really appreciate the curtains for F-cabins! You would think it would be such a small thing, but it really does make a difference in the quality of experience. One, it deters Y pax from coming forward through the F cabin to use the front lav and two, it creates a visual separation making the F area "feel" more cozy and secluded.

Small things add up. :up:

Yes, indeed.

Constant reminders of caste, in a supposedly casteless society, will always bring on revolution.

Rather than emphasizing the difference, why don't you try to minimize the difference, assuming you are a crewmember?

Frankly, I am all for revolution.

Were we in the least a little like the French, we would still have our retirements and still be in business.

Buck Fush.

"Special", is how some people refer to special assist passengers. Is it too much to call them "people" who need assistance?

sky high states: Hey, the job is all about abbreviations. JFK, LGA, W/C U/M NON-ENGLISH, Beverage?

.......because of them, it makes the job easier. I do, however, make sure I say, "we need two wheelchairs"....INSTEAD OF SAYING, we HAVE two wheelchairs, implying they are chairs, instead of customers who need them.
so, no big deal, we abbreviate. Just dont be offensive.

sky high states: Hey, the job is all about abbreviations. JFK, LGA, W/C U/M NON-ENGLISH, Beverage?

.......because of them, it makes the job easier. I do, however, make sure I say, "we need two wheelchairs"....INSTEAD OF SAYING, we HAVE two wheelchairs, implying they are chairs, instead of customers who need them.
so, no big deal, we abbreviate. Just dont be offensive.

Thank you, too

Wow. Where'd that come from?

No, I'm not a crewmember, I'm an HP/US frequent flyer from Northern California - who, incidentally, worked for Howard Dean's presidential campaign. I think that tells you where my political loyalties are.

I switched my airline loyalties from AA to the new HP/US in June, partly because of the F upgrade policy, partly because of the schedules and partly because of the stellar on-board service I've received in both Y and F on America West and US Airways aircraft. I'm simply pointing out, from a frequent customer's perspective, what the "mere" curtains mean.

If it's elitist to suggest that First Class should denote, well, First Class... then color me an elitist. I'm not even asking for hot towels or glassware on every flight or ice cream sundaes... like the other majors offer. All I want from F is a quiet, comfortable, relaxing and more private place to work or sleep while I'm in an aluminum tube for five hours from CLT to SFO or LAS to DCA. The curtains help make that happen, and when you're on aircraft for 75,000 miles a year, it makes a big difference.

If that's wrong, y'all might as well just rip out the F cabins and pull a WN or B6... more power to ya, but I'll fly a carrier that does offer F service.

If it's elitist to suggest that First Class should denote, well, First Class... then color me an elitist. I'm not The curtains help make that happen, and when you're on aircraft for 75,000 miles a year, it makes a big difference.

Sky high states: Passengers in coach have a fascination with the "First class" cabin. The CURTAIN divides the CLASSES and some passengers in the back resent it. They whip OPEN that curtain to come up front, thinking, I deserve to use any lavatory on this aircraft, because I PAID good money!
(Coach)People are LESS WILLING to think they're coach fare ENTITLES THEM to less service!!!

Make the curtains with SEVERAL SNAPS ON THEM. It's TOO EASY to just OPEN IT and walk up there.

One of the benefits of flying F is having a quieter, less disturbed and, yes, more private environment. Given that the other major airlines have specific policies restricting lav usage, the unspoken reminder of having a curtain separation is feeble as it is.
Travis I am with you, 25 years flying the skies......and YOU get what you pay for. Pax in F/C deserve a quiet cabin, separate amenities that ARE NOT given out at random to Coach pax. I do not upgrade ANYONE under ANY Condition (and my family and friends don't expect it either) and it drives me crazy when coworkers "cheapen" the F/C product be it random upgrading or taking products OUT of F/C.....why would anyone WANT to pay for premium service when it is made out to be Nothing Special? Coach pax have no business using the F/C lavs nor stowing bags up front (which alot of folks try) or taking pillows & blankets that have been placed in the seats for Premium cabin pax. And guess what IF they don't like it, please GO FLY swa.....BE MY GUEST.

Kind of reminds me of when the jetway come up to the aircraft and the door opens and the flight attendant tells the gate agent, "we have 2 specials." One evening, I was the first one in line to disembark and since I was flying ID20, the FA didn't know I was a non-rev, so I said to her, "aren't we all special?" She just looked at me with the deer-the-headlights look and I walked on by...
When a passenger makes a smart a$$ remark they are sometimes trying to bait you. You are better off with the deer-the-headlights look. Good job by the F/A

Back