US IAM Fleet Service labor thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a question: in which stations do you have to go through TSA screening to get into work each day?

We do in PHX and I don't think this policy is going to change any time soon. I don't think cargo agents have to nor does maintenance even though they have the same access to all the ramp areas that we do. It's a frustrating waste of time and it gets old having the federal government confiscate your lunch items (some are OK or not, depending on who's running X-ray/bag check). Dumb.

Here's a question: in which stations do you have to go through TSA screening to get into work each day?

We do in PHX and I don't think this policy is going to change any time soon. I don't think cargo agents have to nor does maintenance even though they have the same access to all the ramp areas that we do. It's a frustrating waste of time and it gets old having the federal government confiscate your lunch items (some are OK or not, depending on who's running X-ray/bag check). Dumb.
It's always the rampers that get the short end of the stick! The same goes with the vests. Only rampers have to where them.

Rogue

When a parttimer ends their scheduled shift, how much time has to pass before another parttimer can start working their scheduled shift? I'm trying to find out what is considered an illegal back to back shift. Is it a 1/2 an hour, an hour, or two hours that have to pass before another parttimer can start? I think that US is keeping us from becoming fulltime by back to backing parttime shifts.

Rogue

Watch out – a lot of FFs hate the fact that airline employees can bypass security in many areas.

Yes, and the local media here in PHX put TSA and COP through the wringer some time ago when it was shown they weren't screening certain employees, i.e.. some pilots and FA's IIRC.

But then again, a lot of FF's - and everybody else really - hate it when lines are already long and then when they finally get up to the TSA podiums they have to wait while the screener inspects a dozen SIDA badges.

There is no pleasing all of the people all of the time. To be frank, the ire of the FF has almost zero bearing on how I feel about this but I have to ask would a FF put up with a longer wait in security just to get the warm fuzzies by watching employees go through as well or would they just assume not have to see all of us and get to their gates faster? An FF or any pax running late and stuck in security behind 10 employees is likely not hating "the fact that airline employees can bypass security".

I mean, if I see a pax or crew member in an obvious hurry I'll let him or her go ahead of me, but on the other hand there are times when it seems that my presence alone is enough to illicit snide remarks or vapid complaints that I would likely get disciplined for responding to.

Anyone who is involved with Reciept and Dispatch has to wear the vest.

Mechs and Utility were the first as we did it before the ramp took over that function.

And it has to do with ICAO Regulations

for once had enough is making sense ...

security issues should not be discussed here ...

700 ..

illegal or not our union needs to get cash in the hands of our pensioners .... some how , some way ... i don't know who this company is that is running our pension for us , but even if they have the money in money market accounts i no longer trust the us goverment when they say that they will insure them ... the us goverment has been saying it will insure alot of things lately , and they don't actually have the money to cover all their bases anymore ...

even if our union puts the money in gold ETF's i'm still not keen on that idea at all ...

us T notes are another mistake , even china is getting worried over them .

Most hedge fund and mutals are holding cash right now , CASH ... and the really smart money has gone to gold (physical )...
(look at oil, platium is down etc ) in the upcoming years ...

i know that we pay into the pension and that's how it works , but it maybe time to consider closing down the pension fund and disturbuting the money .. now i'm not getting anything out of this because i don't have anything in it .... but i'm just giving my best advice ...

i'm sure many of you have put down the sports section and are now reading the news ... alot of companies have stopped contributing to 401k's and the people in them at least have the option to pull their money out if and when they chose , the way our pension works we don't have that ablity ..

If the pension fund takes a hit , i don't see the goverment's pension gurannte arm being able to fund all the different funds that may go bust in the next year or two .. the federal and state goverments are broke etc etc ...

inflation is coming etc etc ..

Look i consider it my duty as a union memeber to warn our other union memebers that things in this world are unstable ... i think it's imporant that we give our people choices rather than chain them to something that might go down ... we don't have to get rid of the fund completely , but perhaps we could give people an opt out ... you know if you've put in 40 years you have the option of getting out of the fund completely by taking a check for 100 K or something like that , there would still be money left in the fund for anyone who wishes to continue ...

When the sons of (you know what) have nothing better to do than take an employees lunch it's a sorry state of affairs. The TSA needs to be destroyed. I refuse to have anything to do with them :angry: :angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.