US IAM Fleet Service topic 6/28-

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry to hear about the west stations being out sourced today but then again most of you voted for it

Ummm... They can only outsource one or two of those cities now. A large majority of that list is contractually prohibited from outsourcing until 2011. The Union should be ALL over this.

"I don’t know where your getting your “growth forecasts “ but when you can show me a recovery on the national level I’ll listen to what you have to say … As yet there are no signs of recovery for the US economy ."
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I hear yahh... Nostradamus...

Where does any informed source get information?

P.S. It ain’t at the Kool-Aid stand!

Ummm... They can only outsource one or two of those cities now. A large majority of that list is contractually prohibited from outsourcing until 2011. The Union should be ALL over this.

Unfortunately, the company can do this. These stations fall below the minimum threshhold of mainline flights needed to keep outsourcing away. I am now glad I made the sacrifices I did a year ago and transferred to a station that isn't on the axe list. Good Luck to those affected!

Kool-Aid Bro...

You wouldn’t listen to what I have to say...even if I were the Resurrection, and held the actual Stone Tablets that the Ten Commandments were chiseled into!

"I don’t know where your getting your “growth forecasts “ but when you can show me a recovery on the national level I’ll listen to what you have to say … As yet there are no signs of recovery for the US economy ."
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I hear yahh... Nostradamus...

Where does any informed source get information?

P.S. It ain’t at the Kool-Aid stand!

If you want the truth then you have to dig for it … I don’t just base my assertions off of hope or feelings that I have ..

I get my information straight from the government reports …(and a multitude of other sources )

This is a business website , their free and provide good statistics … I don’t give them high marks on analysis because my views differ from their more mainstream ones , but still the numbers they provide are accurate enough ..

This is the main page

http://www.bloomberg.com/?b=0&Intro=intro3

Look for the heading market data , go down to the economic calendar , from there you have access to each report that is released by the government concerning economic conditions in the country

http://www.bloomberg.com/markets/ecalendar/index.html

If you look at the numbers you will see that month over month there has been no real improvement , just a slowing of the rate of deterioration in the respective economic reports ..

It makes me mad when I read in the paper or online that so and so “projection “ says “growth ahead†or something to that extent ..people are so quick to forget that the same forecasters who are now , this very day shouting “growth ahead!†were projecting an unemployment rate not to exceed 8% … then as time passed they shifted it to 9% , now their saying 10.5% to maybe 11% but not to exceed 11 % …

Remember the stress tests ? They were set for a maximum unemployment rate of 10.3% which now most all agree we will surpass …

note it’s important to correctly understand future trends in the economy because it directly affects us here at us airways , a worsening economy will mean fewer pax or cheaper tickets ..

Like I said roa , you SHOW ME the numbers indicating that yes the us economy IS turning , and then I’ll listen to ya …. Mmmm mmm time to get me some BBQ

Kool-Aid Bro...

You wouldn’t listen to what I have to say...even if I were the Resurrection, and held the actual Stone Tablets that the Ten Commandments were chiseled into!

I’d say I’m pretty open minded when it comes to diverse view points …

We’ve already had this discussion before and I want to point out that when we were debating voting on the contract I stated “by dec 2009 we will have lines of people stretching around the block to take our jobs†“

You may not have liked Canale but he stated that we were conducting talks during some of the most difficult times he had ever seen … I’d say that his was an accurate assessment …

I don’t know why your bad mouthing the contract , would you rather we be like the pilots and FA’s with no progress for years on end ? As it IS we may not even make it as a company to see a new contract …

The sky ain’t fallin’ in CLT! We goin’ to expand internationally by 25 gates by 2011! CLT is now in the top ten airports in this country for passenger traffic, with an optimistic
forecast for additional growth by all business leaders familiar with the matter!
This is true.

CLT will continue to introduce additional IAM Fleet Service positions as we grow.
This may not be so certain, and depends largely upon what happens to US within the next 24 months. By that time they might be TWU positions, or non-union positions. While there may be little doubt that CLT proper will continue to grow, it's not set in stone that that growth will be in the domain of what we now call US Airways.

We will work safe and smart...as we prepare to enter negotiations for a new CBA that will erase, and ultimately improve upon the concessions that were shoved up our a** by the ‘gone but not forgotten’ Canale regime abrogation travesty!
Given your vast enthusiasm, self-assurance, and apparent monopoly on the truth, perhaps you'd like to enlighten the rest of us on how you plan to "erase, and ultimately improve upon" what we currently have? I'm not asking what you plan to put in it or what you plan on asking for, what I'm wondering is where do you see an excellent bargaining position and how is the current state of the airline industry (i.e. worst ever) prime for us to score concessions from a company that will have been made thin from years of weakened revenue and consistent cash loss?

You can draft the finest most outrageously awesome CBA you can, and cast it in gold (or stone tablets), but you can't get blood from a turnip, and how you'd expect to gain more from a company that has no fat left on its bones and nothing to give is quite beyond me.

Solidarity...
*shrug*

sorry to hear about the west stations being out sourced today but then again most of you voted for it
Wow, that's so 2008. Beating dead horses must be one of those grand Southern traditions I keep hearing about...

Unfortunately, the company can do this. These stations fall below the minimum threshhold of mainline flights needed to keep outsourcing away. I am now glad I made the sacrifices I did a year ago and transferred to a station that isn't on the axe list. Good Luck to those affected!
Verily, and the company's going to continue to do what it has to in order to keep operating, and it's not going to let the small details of a CBA stop it if there are immediate savings to be had. What's our recourse anyhow? Months of waiting and wasting cash while lawyers thumb-wrestle over the minutiae? There is quite a gap between what the company is not allowed to do and what they're willing to do, and there's little that the bureaucratic framework of labor arbitration can do about it.

Ah yes, there's that endemic self-righteousness that's the hallmark of this industry and this company in particular. I love it how certain people always bashing on Tempe for being brash, short-sighted and irresponsible and then turn around only to proclaim that only their own brash, short-sighted, and irresponsible plans and ideas can save the company. Brother, you ain't no savior and I don't see following you leading me to any kind of promised land.

Regarding Kool-Aid: it's not just a Tempe thing; everybody's got it and sloshing it out wholesale, the only difference is the flavor. Whether I'm drinking the IAM's or the company's is the same difference between having to choose cherry or lemon-lime. All I see is a lot of mud-slinging and propagandizing between different parties fighting over how much of my pay they get to take.

Me, I don't bring any solutions, which means I also make no promises, or lies. All I'm saying is you might want to check that swagger before reality checks it for you...

To all the brother and sisters that are effected by the last blow of closures . I wish you well. If I might give you a little advice.
I too was furloughed years ago. my advice to you is IF and thats a big IF you want to continue your career with US . Don't furlough if
you have to transfer to keep your ACTIVE STATUS . I strongly suggest you do that. Over the last 25 years I just haven't seen to many
folks get recalled . Yes they move on to other careers and if thats an option for you go for it but if not try to stay on the PAYROLL . and
hope you get a recall to the city you chose as your NEW home domicile.

any way good luck.

sidenote: Here's a suggestion . Since freedom was such a advocate for this contract and repeatably pushed his support. WHY don't you step
up and assist the AGC's in those west cities with giving the bad news. I personally know a couple that would love to have you step up on your
soap box and explain again why it was so important to sell those brothers and sisters out.

To all the brother and sisters that are effected by the last blow of closures . I wish you well. If I might give you a little advice.
I too was furloughed years ago. my advice to you is IF and thats a big IF you want to continue your career with US . Don't furlough if
you have to transfer to keep your ACTIVE STATUS . I strongly suggest you do that. Over the last 25 years I just haven't seen to many
folks get recalled . Yes they move on to other careers and if thats an option for you go for it but if not try to stay on the PAYROLL . and
hope you get a recall to the city you chose as your NEW home domicile.

any way good luck.

sidenote: Here's a suggestion . Since freedom was such a advocate for this contract and repeatably pushed his support. WHY don't you step
up and assist the AGC's in those west cities with giving the bad news. I personally know a couple that would love to have you step up on your
soap box and explain again why it was so important to sell those brothers and sisters out.
i'd like the chance to respond ...

yo o-man , good to see you again ... i'll be breif

THE US ECONOMY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thank you .

Status
Not open for further replies.