US IAM Mech. topic 11/2-

Status
Not open for further replies.
A quick bump for apathetic yes voters.

Maybe it'll keep us from going to the third page.

Word for the head count change for Nov. on the line in PIT is:

+4 on daylight
-1 on afternoon
No change on midnights

It was reported this morning, that the line mx stations in ORF, PVD, and RIC will be closed before Thanksgiving.
I have no further details.

ORF,PVD,RIC,CMH,SNA,JFK are who's going,going,gone.....Life sux, then you work here. Not like we didnt know it was going to happen. Affects @ 75 maint personel.

ORF,PVD,RIC,CMH,SNA,JFK are who's going,going,gone.....Life sux, then you work here. Not like we didnt know it was going to happen. Affects @ 75 maint personel.

I heard this week about orf, pvd, and Ric through rumor control. That GREAT contract that people voted for opened us up for this predicament. 18 techs at BWI voted no for the worthless contract our worthless union peddled. How does everyone like IAM now? I personally lost alot more than I gained. No worries though. Now that Obama is our president elect, I am sure he will take care of our every need as he sees fit. It's a sorry world.... Enjoy the race to the bottom.

They need to put together a small cost effective day shift overhaul shop near ORF and RIC. Maybe just north of RIC so that the guys near Reagan, ORF, and RIC have a place to go. They all have a lot of time with the company and deserve day shift weekends off. I am not kidding around. Make it food carts, coffee makers, or whatever makes sense. I know that it sucks but the guys from SNA,JFK, PVD are at least within driving distance of larger airports that should absorb them. I don't know about CMH.
Good luck to all and please keep the board up to date with good info. As far as I know most stations read this board so please contribute.
This goes for all stations. Thanks and later

They all have a lot of time with the company and deserve day shift weekends off.

Now that is funny!!!!! :up: Many with this company have a lot of time!!! They will get the chance to bump into another station and depending upon when the realignment happens spend some quality time on midnights. Just remember the famous IAM quote...."You Voted for it"!!!

Lets see now....15 weeks of severence, 4 weeks of vacation, maybe 100 days of sick leave. Remember we all KNEW that there were going to be station closings coming, not like is a big surprise now is it, REALLY? How long have you whiners been in this profession anyway? Bumps, layoffs, midnights, crashpads, commuting....its all part of the culture. Get over it , get on with it, get used to it already...am wondering how many of those senior people will be looking out west though.

That is why its called "Living the Dream :up: :up: ".

Mids right, if you do get wacked and do not take advantage of the perks....Vacation, severance, UC, and decide to stay in the system, you are nuts!!!

The sad part of this layoff should make all of us reflect on the root cause of the problems with US. Take ORF for example previously 40 flights a day with up to 10 overnighters at one time. Hub flying and direct flights to Charlie south, BOS, EWR, MCO,BWI,PIT, CLT and others. Also had 2 CTO's. Of course this was under Piedmont. US marketing dept at merger decided that the leisure market was not where the money was to be made and started reducing the flying.
(this was on Colodney's watch) Funny thing was that DAL put 757's on their routes to pick up the additional revenue. Then along comes SWA and what a gift US gave them. They now fly to MCO, PIT, BWI and others. Up to 3 overnighters and 12 flights a day. It is a shame one dept can run an airline into the ground but that is what has happened. Hopefully it will turn around. As for the men and women at these stations. Any time the reality of a layoff hits it is difficult, but to happen at the holiday season makes it extra hard on families no matter what the conditions or the seniority. I guess they can claim severance, but they still must come back to a US station or find another job. I wish them the best in finding something other than airline work. Remeber we could be next. And yes CMH, SNA, and JFK are the next three. CMH is not even listed as an active maint station on their bump paperwork.

Status
Not open for further replies.