US IAM mech. topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sure those affected will jump at the chance to bump Bos as the article states!! In the past only a small number have transferred to those stations. Why go through the commute when unemployment and severance is avaliable? Throw out a buyout and see how many of those 40yr+ guys will retire!!!!!

I consider myself lucky. You know, "Hey your lucky to have a job" lucky! Yeah right!! Well I do look over my shoulder a lot and know it's only a matter of time before the carpet is yanked from beneath my feet too once again. I don't kid myself I know it's coming. Look where we were 20yrs ago, look where we are now, and you can clearly see where we are going. Double single double commute home it's time for tea and meet the wife. YEAH RIGHT REAL LUCKY

I've seen two different dates for when the USAIR IAM MX contract becomes amendable, 12/31/2010 and 12/31/2012. Which is it?

Bob, they ratified last year so I am not sure which date is correct now, I am checking on it.

Again , in the news...PIT mech stealing material from USAIRWAYS and reselling on Ebay....understand it was aircraft headsets,cabin windows, avionics,torque wrenches, even an aircraft jack!!!!....to the tune of hundreds of thousands of $$$$....guess that was one way to recoupe the losses in pay. Maybe the IAM will get his job back too ( ie: Boston mech stealing beer and TP last week).... :lol:

Again , in the news...PIT mech stealing material from USAIRWAYS and reselling on Ebay....understand it was aircraft headsets,cabin windows, avionics,torque wrenches, even an aircraft jack!!!!....to the tune of hundreds of thousands of $$$$....guess that was one way to recoupe the losses in pay. Maybe the IAM will get his job back too ( ie: Boston mech stealing beer and TP last week).... :lol:
Maybe after alittle jail time :lol:

Referring to the current US Airways I.A.M.A.W. Seniority Roster, just released, for mechanics and related. This roster includes ELP (EL Paso TX) under station listings. Is this just a typo? If not I'd like to extend a big ole HOWDY. What's you all got cooking down thar? When the big squeeze happens I gotta know my (valid) options!

Your right it's in the T/A pg 4. I couldn't find anything in the actual agreement. ELP has 2 GSE mech's with about 10 yrs seniority each. The attrition deal is sweet, I'd love to see more of that, and wonder what the deal was behind them getting it. Well it's off the the refrigerator to find something to curb my jealously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts