US IAM mech. topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, after five years of layoff, I'm thinking about coming back to US Airways. Everything I get in the mail from the company has to to with corporate financial stuff.

Can someone message me a phone number of whom I should get in contact with to start my return from layoff.

Thanks

REPeet

Rob,

Call either the local lodge in CLT or the Grievance Committee.

704-357-0027 is the local lodge.
704-359-2181- is the GC office.

If you were out more than five years ask what your pay rate will be. You might be starting at the bottom of a ten year chart.

The Company just announced closing MX in Denver and Baltimore - not a good start to the new year.

Yes, I heard of the DEN / BWI Mx closings today by my manager. Sad Indeed! Word is 15 mechs in DEN, and 10 mechs in BWI. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Rumors earlier in the week had ATL and SAN Mx closing possibly. Guess they're ok for now.

Death by a thousand cuts. PVD ORF RIC CMH JFK ANA DEN BWI...RIP. Inmates on death row, that's all we are.

Death by a thousand cuts. PVD ORF RIC CMH JFK ANA DEN BWI...RIP. Inmates on death row, that's all we are.

You got that right. We mustn't forget LAS, PIT and SNA where they are cutting and or closing. But they are not mentioning any news about the maintenance sup's that will be right behind the open door.

It seems that the supervisors/managers are always hidden in the closet somewhere when the cuts come down. :down: As for the cuts/station closings, it really stinks!! Sad thing is those still on the payroll will accept the OT or roadtrip to the closed station before thinking twice!! The day I was fuloughed they were calling OT as groups were being led out the door, and guys were accepting the OT....... :down:

It seems that the supervisors/managers are always hidden in the closet somewhere when the cuts come down. :down: As for the cuts/station closings, it really stinks!! Sad thing is those still on the payroll will accept the OT or roadtrip to the closed station before thinking twice!! The day I was fuloughed they were calling OT as groups were being led out the door, and guys were accepting the OT....... :down:

I agree. In LAS, it is a lack of airline exposure, amongst other personal reasons, why these guys and gals do what they do in times like that. Hard to find solidarity during those rough times. At least this go around, they are offering tech jobs at several stations. No one to the street is the news.

Most do not believe in solidarity until it directly effects them.......Best thing to do if you have any senority is to take the severance and then bid an opening, as the cities they are offering will always be there!!

If no one accepts the road trip they will just farm out the work and you all lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.