US Pilots Labor Discussion 3/11- STAY ON TOPIC AND OBSERVE THE RULES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clear,

The east is going to get the MONEY! Take a look at LOA 84 and go down to WAIVER. It will talk about a change of control. BOOK RATES! Section 1 Scope will also have your head spinning 4.5% raises year over year until it gets put together. I wish you guys would have bought us, because we would have been kicking butt on the money issue. Obviously, AWA didn't acquire US! Look, we don't really care what guys or girls like you think. We are protected by our Scope clause. How about yourselves? It is just a matter of time.

Now back to the other stuff. LOA 93 pay restoration is going to happen. The Desert Judge's law school project is about to get tanked by the 9th. The judge really should have paid attention to the RLA. Internal Union Dispute. Nothing concrete! Premature Adjudication. Wilder got this one right on the money....he spanked Vasin on his blog.

Back to the CHANGE of CONTROL thing............it will happen! Team Tempe, just like your desert judge has taken this thing as far as they could.

Hate
Hate,

Not going to happen in a million years. Desert Judge say through USAPA and put them in their place. Ripeness is not an issue.

Keep posting thought, you make us laugh.

"You had a process for resolving disagreements, which was to go to binding arbitration, which turned out not to be terribly binding." - Judge Bybee questioning Seham's interpretation of ALPA v. O'neal.

:up:
That's why US Airways is managed in Tempe by the former Exec. team of America West? You guys got to keep your "styleized" flag painted on the tail, (and LOA93), aside from that, This is an entirely new entity with a merged seniority list that has been signed, sealed, delivered and accepted with out contest by your new managers.
:lol: :up:

Just read Uncle Al's letter. Seems that the company has a very different take on the evidence that was presented or wasn't presented.

Made a point to say that usapa was more interested in where the information came from, rather than what the information really contained.

Is the spin machine stuck on high back at the politburo??
They do in fact have a different take, thats their job. But maybe you could tell me why Uncle Al would waste his time with a 9-10 page letter on this subject? Does he really think any of us care what he thinks? If he had saved the paper, he might have saved some money also. What ever happens, will happen, I think the company just tries to use mental warfare, it won't work. We'll stand tight on what we feel is fair, not what they think, no matter how long it takes.

They do in fact have a different take, thats their job. But maybe you could tell me why Uncle Al would waste his time with a 9-10 page letter on this subject? Does he really think any of us care what he thinks? If he had saved the paper, he might have saved some money also. What ever happens, will happen, I think the company just tries to use mental warfare, it won't work. We'll stand tight on what we feel is fair, not what they think, no matter how long it takes.

It is simple, the Company is generally threatened by Cleary and the toughness he represents. The diatribe sent to our v-files is an attempt to stoke the fires of dissent amongst the Cleary naysayers and shake the confidence of the USAPA fence sitters.

What Hemenway fails to grasp is that the deep rooted frustration with the weak, conflicted union leadership that preceded USAPA. He has seriously miscalculated by underestimating the unprecedented level of support that Cleary's approach has amongst the majority of US Airways Pilots.

In the end he will have stoked the wrong fire entirely. Thanks Al ; o )

It is simple, the Company is generally threatened by Cleary and the toughness he represents.

I was eating dinner when I read that line and had to clean my keyboard and monitor after reading that. Thanks for the laugh.

I was eating dinner when I read that line and had to clean my keyboard and monitor after reading that. Thanks for the laugh.

I challenge you to provide a better explanation for Hemenway's letter than putting his nose in union politics.

I challenge you to provide a better explanation for Hemenway's letter than putting his nose in union politics.

The company believes that the arbitrator will release his decision during the busy summer travel period. The company is worried the the east pilots are so misinformed that they believe there may actually be a chance of prevailing.

The company recognizes that quite a few east pilots are going to be apoplectic when their quixotic quest is terminated. They don't want the operation to be disrupted when this happens so they are trying to soften the ground ahead of the ruling.

It should be noted that I am a west pilot who feverently hopes USAPA prevails and is awarded LOA84 pay-rates.

It should also be noted that though I find USAPA's spin machine to be little worth paying attention to, I also did not bother to read the company's bloviation.

The company believes that the arbitrator will release his decision during the busy summer travel period. The company is worried the the east pilots are so misinformed that they believe there may actually be a chance of prevailing.

The company recognizes that quite a few east pilots are going to be apoplectic when their quixotic quest is terminated. They don't want the operation to be disrupted when this happens so they are trying to soften the ground ahead of the ruling.

It should be noted that I am a west pilot who feverently hopes USAPA prevails and is awarded LOA84 pay-rates.

It should also be noted that though I find USAPA's spin machine to be little worth paying attention to, I also did not bother to read the company's bloviation.
You know what Able, the operation won't be disrupted, unless the company is short of pilots and plan on using priority trip assignment. Most are OVER it, if they answer their phone they say NO......but thanks for not bothering to read his BLAH, BLAH,BLAH. :eek:

IMO Cleary has made such a mess of things, including even more selective release of information than was provided by the AAA MEC during the merger process, that the company is scared of him screwing things up worse than they are already. It isn't because Cleary is a formidable foe, but just the opposite (ie - a buffoon).

Another possible reason is that with the USAPA slow-motion train wreck still in progress no other airline wants anything to do with US Airways. That train wreck has poster children of Cleary and Seham on the respective "Now Showing" posters.

You know, when political leaders really screw up they can usually find a country to grant them exile. Is there anything or anywhere for Cleary, Seham and possibly Bradford?

You are smarter than the rest of your Clan. They cannot see through their spite of wishes of LOA 93. If USAPA prevails, you have a shot at those rates. Rates we all deserve. Those wishing LOA 93 continuing cannot see that puts the very little island they inhabit, PHX in danger. There is NO international plan there. Just narrowbody. Why put any flying expansion there if you can put it in PHL and CLT for a better rate? HMMMMM......If you need to make cuts, why not make them at the highest cost level you can? If you can have a Airbus narrowbody pilot for a cheaper rate in PHL than PHX, why not put that PHL crew on more and more PHX flights and spokes? Say we lose LOA 93 grievance, and the west as usual does nothing. Believe me, we will be very helpful at kicking you off your little island.You will have what they say, the bed you make, is the bed you sleep in......

You know what Able, the operation won't be disrupted, unless the company is short of pilots and plan on using priority trip assignment. Most are OVER it, if they answer their phone they say NO......but thanks for not bothering to read his BLAH, BLAH,BLAH. :eek:

Cub,
I think there is some truth to what the gist of the letter was getting at. Whether real or falsely perceived, history is a pretty good indicator of future action in similar circumstances. More importantly I feel the company felt compelled to write their letter out of fear that certain individuals, who's names were made public by USAPA, could be in danger of some form of retribution. If the company turns a blind eye to such behavior they too become liable in today's world of litigiousness. Anyhow that's my 2 cents. And having said that yeah I do believe there is some poke-in-the-eye action towards USAPA... Kind of a "hey we better say something here. Oh! And while we're at it..."

My thought is plain old expectation management.

Politburo blathers its usual nonsense and circular arguments. Those true believers expound on the nonsense to sway the emotions of the masses.

The company sees this as detrimental to all and is trying to get the masses to educate themselves. Hard to argue with actual evidence as opposed to what so & so said on a web board or spouting off in the crew room.

Ready to make the CIRT call again? Can't wait for the Cleary message on that one, brings the Steffan call to action to mind.

IMO Cleary has made such a mess of things, including even more selective release of information than was provided by the AAA MEC during the merger process, that the company is scared of him screwing things up worse than they are already. It isn't because Cleary is a formidable foe, but just the opposite (ie - a buffoon).

Another possible reason is that with the USAPA slow-motion train wreck still in progress no other airline wants anything to do with US Airways. That train wreck has poster children of Cleary and Seham on the respective "Now Showing" posters.

You know, when political leaders really screw up they can usually find a country to grant them exile. Is there anything or anywhere for Cleary, Seham and possibly Bradford?
In that large and expansive distance between the East and PHX, you and your group has miscalculated how much we really like Cleary, and that is exactly why we voted him in with such a majority. You just don't get it. We are going to back this guy to the gates of Hell to fight you.If we have to -separate ops to the end. I crack up when I read all the goofy ideas you all have on this. You just don't get it. We made ALPA a SMOKING HOLE, and put the guy we want in and that guy is MIKE CLEARY! We know Parker and you guys are afraid of him, that is why we want him! What train wreck? The only wreck I see is this- your group is fenced off our side, and that is just the way we want it. We want nothing of you. Cleary is just the guy to make it happen. Good riddence ALPA, union of the commuters and Delta. That is about it anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back