US Pilots Labor Discussion 3/19- STAY ON TOPIC AND OBSERVE THE RULES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa! Just got off the phone with a friend in AZ. What the (&)&(*^ was going on with that pilot and F/A beating up some guy out there????Was it an Airways guy?

Yeah, a west guy. But I'm not inclined to throw stones on that score. Pecker induced brainfrick crosses all boarders ya know

Uh oh, looks like some of the easties might not be seeing the other half of their payouts. Cleary has other ideas for that $35M.

Just shows how uninformed you are. Some members peppered their reps floating ideas regarding the possibility of using the lump sum to buy people out. The BPR is doing what they are hired to do. advance the ideas of their constituents. At the end of the day the complexities of such an idea, well intentioned though it may be, will almost certainly reveal unworkability but the BPR needs to hash out the plan as a group to be certain.

Your shot at Cleary is sophomoric and a little pathetic in my opinion. Any change to the distribution method would have to go out for a vote so you would have your fair say in the matter just like the rest of us dues paying members.

Just shows how uninformed you are. Some members peppered their reps floating ideas regarding the possibility of using the lump sum to buy people out. The BPR is doing what they are hired to do. advance the ideas of their constituents. At the end of the day the complexities of such an idea, well intentioned though it may be, will almost certainly reveal unworkability but the BPR needs to hash out the plan as a group to be certain.

Your shot at Cleary is sophomoric and a little pathetic in my opinion. Any change to the distribution method would have to go out for a vote so you would have your fair say in the matter just like the rest of us dues paying members.

It's pretty bad that the BPR is even floating the issue.

The handful of east pilots I talked to about this aren't happy that this is even being looked at.

It's pretty bad that the BPR is even floating the issue.

The handful of east pilots I talked to about this aren't happy that this is even being looked at.

Yeah.. imagine.. ALPA's pension "discussion" (with repeated promise of membership ratification, lies all) made a handful of pilots gun shy.

So.. now real representation makes people uncomfortable, big deal.. they will get used to it... Reps that are actually responsive to members.. shocking.

Can we really trust pilots to be smart enough to handle this? (I'm biting my nails :rolleyes: )

As us on the WEST such as my man CALLAWAY(calls my thinking absurd, like where is the 2 MEC.s for RATIFICATION!, Word, ALPA is not our CBA, between the COMPANY and me it is USAPA!, those MEC, TO MEC, agreement.s (AS MUCH AS I HATE IT) DO NOT EXIST! The RLA doesn.t support it, WE were duped by a bunch of young so called barristers that are not practicing law for a good reason! Tossed on a technicality , give me a break! UPWIND, THE LAW IS THE LAW! There is a reason the DAL/NWA merger took a different course, did you notice the 2 opposing ATTORNEY.s! (KATZ. FREUND) Knows the RLA, changed the rules for a reason, !Trust what you have told me in the crew room is false! THE EAST WILL NEVER MEMORILIZE IN A CONTRACT THE NIC(not worh the paper it is on) AND OUR PLAN IS JUST A TICKET TO A FRAGMENTED FUTURE AT BEST! MM!

I predict not. They will, if anything, up their spending to try and make themselves seem as judgment proof as possible. At that point, under this scenario, I would expect Marty Harper to take some sort of action designed to assure that whatever assets are not squandered.

Maybe they can use USAPA assets for the West pilot that beat up a social studies teacher lately or for the Rico defendants that committed vandalism against a fledgling union and threatened their own pilots for joining USAPA in the early stages. Now the West 'leaders" are recommending recently that their flock to join and have a voice, what a concept.

Marty Harper is a sham lawyer that has no integrity, an ambulance chaser. Yes he can go after a majority and pay the minority of regional pilots that so desperately want to be taken seriously by the majors. How about Andy Jacobs, the 28J professional, because he does not do his homework, maybe give him some of the money so he can take more legal classes.

Your West "leaders" have led you to believe that you will recoup damages and have super seniority. This will not happen. Start a new career where you have the basic requirements in that particular profession, you were hired by America West Airlines only because you did not qualify for the big show.

Maybe they can use USAPA assets for the West pilot that beat up a social studies teacher lately or for the Rico defendants that committed vandalism against a fledgling union and threatened their own pilots for joining USAPA in the early stages. Now the West 'leaders" are recommending recently that their flock to join and have a voice, what a concept.

Marty Harper is a sham lawyer that has no integrity, an ambulance chaser. Yes he can go after a majority and pay the minority of regional pilots that so desperately want to be taken seriously by the majors. How about Andy Jacobs, the 28J professional, because he does not do his homework, maybe give him some of the money so he can take more legal classes.

Your West "leaders" have led you to believe that you will recoup damages and have super seniority. This will not happen. Start a new career where you have the basic requirements in that particular profession, you were hired by America West Airlines only because you did not qualify for the big show.

Typical east bluster. Claiming that America West Pilots were not at the "show." Many of us never sent in applications to the sorry excuse for an airline that was called USAirways. You were the only carrier on the planet with pilots furloughed years after every other carrier had been adding new hires.

I guess you have to keep telling this to yourselves so that you feel better.

Sigh, how typical EastUs. Your reply to:

Sigh, you're still trumpeting the same tired B.S. It matters not that some west pilots were in school while easties were flying.

What matters is that west pilots were flying as 757/320/737 lineholding captains while east pilots were furloughed. You and your brethren attempted to make these furloughees senior to west captains. You attempted, and in fact continue to attempt, to steal the jobs of west pilots.

You try to justify this blatant theft by trumpeting the fact that, on the fringes of the seniority list, there exits examples of pilots who are a generation apart.

This does not mitigate the fact that you are still guilty of attempted theft. You merely attempt to justify it by stating that age differences mitigate your crime.

Was this:

As in even 4th or 5th grade? ...So..It "matters not" to those out west?...Wow!...Ok then. I guess that's cleared up finally.....umm...well...it matters to a great many other people. I can assure you of that. I've yet to be involved with even so much as a single conversation with anyone not from your group, that responds with other than (at the very kindest and most printable) : "You've GOT to be kidding me!!??"

You only see what you want to see.

So your response is indeed a justification for the theft of west jobs do to the birthdates of the east pilots. When you framed your questions to others about the "fairness" of this situation did you happen to mention that your version of fair included placing furloughed pilots ahead of line holding captains?

I thought not.

Typical east bluster. Claiming that America West Pilots were not at the "show." Many of us never sent in applications to the sorry excuse for an airline that was called USAirways. You were the only carrier on the planet with pilots furloughed years after every other carrier had been adding new hires.

I guess you have to keep telling this to yourselves so that you feel better.
How about American, Northwest, Southwest, Delta or Continental, the great airline of the President of ALPA, after they kept many pilots that crossed a picket line.

You were hired by the bottom of the barrel airline, (refer to America West Airlines Wikipedia for more information.) You so desperately want to be taken seriously as a professional, sad.

Wow, you got some real anger issues to deal with in your life. So what, some pilot did something stupid, does that mean all west pilots do that? Seriously, did you learn debate tactics in 3rd grade?

If you have any professional safety issues about AWA pilots, please present your evidence to everyone here. At least AWA pilots worked for a company that wasn't hours away from being Chapter 7.

Sounds like many on both sides of this food fight have run out of food and are now hurtling dishes, knives and forks.

I have an idea. What if both sides formed a bipartisan committee - consisting of some of the more vociferous posters here - and explore the possiblity of approaching management with a strategy for a pilot supported fragmentation plan in which the west goes one way and the east goes another.

IOW, we actually encourage management to fragment us in the next round of consolidation. We provide a plan on how to do so in a structured and orderly way. We offer our support. We telegraph the same to the industry.

Any potential suitor or suitors have thus far been disinclined to involve themselves with this labor quagmire. An official position on the part of the company that they are seeking to merge out either the west or the east, or both separately, with pilot support, may actually change the dynamics and motivation in the consolidation arena.

Such a plan, for example, could provide a provision in which east pilots go west and west go east, if they accept Nicolau or DOH - for those who place geographic location above location on a particular seniority list.

Every time I visit this website I become more convinced we, east and west, will never be able to work together in the same cockpits. Perhaps we are wasting our time fighting the wrong battle, because whichever side wins still ends up sleeping with the enemy.

Tell me why I'm wrong.

Wow, you got some real anger issues to deal with in your life. So what, some pilot did something stupid, does that mean all west pilots do that?

Seriously, did you learn debate tactics in 3rd grade?

1. We had stupid ALPA Mec pilots.

2. No, I actually happened to be discussing this with some folks that have read a few books about legal issues. I guess in your lingo, you could refer to them as some of my Cro-Magnon friends as you have in the past.

You were hired by the bottom of the barrel airline, (refer to America West Airlines Wikipedia for more information.) You so desperately want to be taken seriously as a professional, sad.

And then that "bottom feeder" bought the broken shards of what we left of a "legacy carrier". Wow. That's GOT to sting.

PS..you use Wikipedia for reference? LOL. That's awesome. Did you edit it first?

And then that "bottom feeder" bought the broken shards of what we left of a "legacy carrier". Wow. That's GOT to sting.

PS..you use Wikipedia for reference? LOL. That's awesome. Did you edit it first?
1. USAirways financing for merger with America West Airlines

2. If you see anything regarding the America West Pilots on Wikipedia that is not fact, please post a correction on the web board. By the way, good luck.

Every time I visit this website I become more convinced we, east and west, will never be able to work together in the same cockpits. Perhaps we are wasting our time fighting the wrong battle, because whichever side wins still ends up sleeping with the enemy.

Tell me why I'm wrong.

Just remember that there's really only a negligible percentage of pilots that post here. I suspect that most of the pilots on both sides are more like you - able to discuss even the Nic without resorting to malicious attacks.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back