US Pilots Labor Discussion 8/25- STAY ON TOPIC AND OBSERVE THE RULES

Status
Not open for further replies.
He also pointed out the hypocrisy in their rules. His teaching were based on doing what is right, not what is right for ONLY the East pilots.

The Truth only comes in one flavor. You can't change the recipe.

Usapa = Telling the East what they WANT to hear. Not what they SHOULD hear.

Then why don't we wait for the courts to decide which side is right or wrong, before you conclude that you have cornered the market on truth. And should they (the courts) ultimately adjudicate in the west's favor regarding this particular merger, that does not detract from the validity or fairness of a DOH or LOS system going forward.

Reactions: 4 people
Who needs a "battle star" when you already have the USAPA insignia and badge backer? BTW, as I've said time and again, I'm not a west pilot. I'm not entitled to anything from another airline. EITHER ARE YOU.
As I've said a bunch of times- I don't believe you.

Reactions: 2 people
Just out of curiosity, can a verified scab be a full-fledged union member of USAPA according to the CBL's?
Or, is there some other status that may be imposed?

Define "verified".

There are West pilots who worked down under that are usapa members.

Crimi did some questionable things regarding Freedom Airlines.

An east pilot usapa communication committee member is a Continental DELETED BY MODERATOR.

usapa has changed or circumvented its union membership criteria in the C&BLs because of the Suzie arbitration. So the real answere to your question is, as long as you are a pilot at LCC you have the right to be a usapa member regardless of your background, and any denial could bring serious repercussions for usapa.

Reactions: 1 person
You cross a legal picket line to do struck work and there is NOTHING, NO amount of justification that will make you clean from it. I do not agree with 95% of what USAPA does, but that doesn't mean I cross the line.

Driver B)
Turn this around. The companies law suit is dismissed. But Parker says that the Nic is the Nic.

Would the east pilots be willing to strike over a contract containing the Nicolau? Willing to cross a picket line and be called a s**b if you do not get DOH?

Big words in the lawsuit happy world. Sure you can back that up with FACTS?

He spent some time explaining his actions in a usapa released memo or e-mail. He provided the FACTS.

As I recall he claimed he went to the Continental interviews for "practice" under the advice of his father a captain at either DL or UA (I forget which), then went on to explain how he should be a hero because his actions cost Continental money and time, similar to the arguement Crimi used for Freedom.

As I said in my original post on the topic, "define verified". If "verified" means having your name on a certain list the AWA down under pilots are on, then this individual would be equally "verified".

Since you are in the pontificating mode this morning, how about recalling John 8:7, or remembering that Jesus' people and religious leaders entered into many agreements with the Romans and codified many rules to govern their own society, many of which he rejected. He was the first to reject final and binding.

Of course, if you are of another persuasion, I will need to rethink my line of reasonng, but the analogy would be similar.
I'm of the "persuasion" and believe all are guilty of transgressions and all are in need of salvation through Jesus so in this vein of reasoning you are correct. So while He steadfastly refused to abide by the traditions of men that were in direct opposition to the Word, He still never violated the Roman law or the law of God. In showing honor to the ruling authority He said, "Render therefore to Caesar the things that are Caesar's", showing that we are to obey the legal authorities. By contrast when the scribes and Pharisees were misinterpreting God's law, he confronted them and refused to subordinate the law of God to the law of men thus showing them their errors. Covenant and contract compliance is a moral obligation. Can you ciite any passages where God honors those who refuse to go to work because their co-workers asked them to?

I'm of the "persuasion" and believe all are guilty of transgressions and all are in need of salvation through Jesus so in this vein of reasoning you are correct. So while He steadfastly refused to abide by the traditions of men that were in direct opposition to the Word, He still never violated the Roman law or the law of God. In showing honor to the ruling authority He said, "Render therefore to Caesar the things that are Caesar's", showing that we are to obey the legal authorities. By contrast when the scribes and Pharisees were misinterpreting God's law, he confronted them and refused to subordinate the law of God to the law of men thus showing them their errors. Covenant and contract compliance is a moral obligation. Can you ciite any passages where God honors those who refuse to go to work because their co-workers asked them to?

To answer your question, I would not use the words "God honors", but using your quote and within the context of "Render unto Caeser....", within the domain of man made rules and practices, those that break their covenants with their fellow workers must necessarily suffer the consequences and bear the contempt of their fellows.

To answer your question, I would not use the words "God honors", but using your quote and within the context of "Render unto Caeser....", within the domain of man made rules and practices, those that break their covenants with their fellow workers must necessarily suffer the consequences and bear the contempt of their fellows.
USAPA is not a governmental authority so the command to "render" does not carry the same weight of authority. Going along with the crowd of your peers bent on doing evil is not a viable excuse for immoral conduuct at any time. Those who refuse to go along with the immoral crowd may well suffer consequences and the contempt of others. Better to suffer for those things than to be a willing participant in the mob's pursuit of unrighteousness and immorality.

those that break their covenants with their fellow workers must necessarily suffer the consequences and bear the contempt of their fellows.

Like having a covenant to seek binding arbitration to settle a dispute but break that covenant when they don't like the result?

Jim

Like having a covenant to seek binding arbitration to settle a dispute but break that covenant when they don't like the result?

Jim

Yes, just like that. And both issues have their secular venues to determine who is right and who is wrong. One takes place in the courts, the other on the picket line.

Define "verified".

There are West pilots who worked down under that are usapa members.

Crimi did some questionable things regarding Freedom Airlines.

An east pilot usapa communication committee member is a Continental DEL BY MOD.

usapa has changed or circumvented its union membership criteria in the C&BLs because of the Suzie arbitration. So the real answere to your question is, as long as you are a pilot at LCC you have the right to be a usapa member regardless of your background, and any denial could bring serious repercussions for usapa.
"verified" means caught on camera performing a job that is being struck - - like those two guys that flew the MD80 during the Spirit strike - their video, name, pilot cert no., address, etc was all over utube.

Status
Not open for further replies.