US Pilots Labor Discussion 8/25- STAY ON TOPIC AND OBSERVE THE RULES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard

Veteran
Dec 15, 2005
Ladies and Gentlemen (and apparently I am using that term loosely),

As we begin another thread devoted to the pilots' labor dispute, I want to remind you that you are required to observe the rules of the board posted atop EVERY forum. We are getting tired of deleting posts and suspending members for immature behavior, wisecracks and calling each other names. You are doing yourselves and your profession a distinct disservice.

There is NOTHING that any of you can do or say on this board which is going to affect the outcome of the dispute, so keep it civil and keep it on the TOPIC, not the PEOPLE.

Finally, a reminder that members are permitted only ONE screen name/identity on this board. If we find that someone has signed up under more than one account, ALL accounts will be permanently removed, and your posting ability PERMANENTLY disabled, which will include banning ALL ip addresses associated with your account.

Please play by the rules.

Thank you.

I'm kinda torn on the Crimi recall. I'm not happy with what he did, but I have flown with guys that claim that ALPA waffled on the whole Freedom thing. Any input?

I'm kinda torn on the Crimi recall. I'm not happy with what he did, but I have flown with guys that claim that ALPA waffled on the whole Freedom thing. Any input?

Alpa waffled on that whole Continental scab thing so I am willing to believe they did the same with Freedom. That doesn't, however, make what Crimi did right.

Alpa waffled on that whole Continental scab thing so I am willing to believe they did the same with Freedom. That doesn't, however, make what Crimi did right.

True. ALPA seemed to do what favored ALPA. Did Mesa have pilots on furlough when Freedom was formed?

I must have missed something. Is Crimi being recalled or has it already happened? When did this occur? I'm surprised I haven't heard more about it on this forum.

Also, someone mentioned the LOA 93 pay restoration recently. Has there been an answer to this as well, or any information for that matter?

I must have missed something. Is Crimi being recalled or has it already happened? When did this occur? I'm surprised I haven't heard more about it on this forum.

Also, someone mentioned the LOA 93 pay restoration recently. Has there been an answer to this as well, or any information for that matter?

Hey 767Jetz,

We were too busy beating up on each other to answer your question the other day. No word on LOA 93, but rumors are flying that USAPA won. I chalk that up to a loss. :lol:

A group is trying to recall Crimi, but it's running into resistance. The CLT reps have rallied around him and are claiming it is a political move, not unheard of over here.

On August 24 2010, KTM300 said:
You are dreaming. I know one of the 1 1/2 year UAL pilots because I mentored him when he was smashing bags on the ramp. I was proud of him for getting hired, but you are sadly mistaken. He was barely off the panel at that time.

Not dreaming and not sadly mistaken. In late 1999 I received my JFK 767 bid. I was just over 2 years with the company and could have taken it sooner but had a seat lock from the 737. When the lock was over, there was a several month pause in bids, delaying my move for a short time. Your friend who was "barely off the panel" probably went to the 737, incurring a seat lock that prevented him from moving to the 767 until later.

In fact, to show how wrong you are, ask your "friend" about the new hire 767 f/o's. There were quite a few hired in late early 2000 going right to 767 school. This was right around the time of the US/UA merger announcement.

Before using such final and definitive words as "you are dreaming" and "sadly mistaken" you should check your facts.

pibrat said:
Who cares what you wear? Does the FOM not allow you to wear a jacket with 4 stripes if you have been a captain?

When we ordered our new uniforms I was a f/o and I ordered the jacket with 3 stripes, then ordered the braid and had a tailor add the forth when I checked out again, but I don't worry if my F/O has 4 because it's allowed.

Tracy Parella always wears four stripes on her shoulders. The roster shows that she is currently a F.O. and though as a downgraded CA she could wear four on her sleeve four on the shoulderboard is not authorized.

However, ego seems to require four stripes.

I have also heard many east FOs refer to themselves as the "co-Captain" during PA announcements. Weak.

On August 24 2010, KTM300 said:

Not dreaming and not sadly mistaken. In late 1999 I received my JFK 767 bid. I was just over 2 years with the company and could have taken it sooner but had a seat lock from the 737. When the lock was over, there was a several month pause in bids, delaying my move for a short time. Your friend who was "barely off the panel" probably went to the 737, incurring a seat lock that prevented him from moving to the 767 until later.

In fact, to show how wrong you are, ask your "friend" about the new hire 767 f/o's. There were quite a few hired in late early 2000 going right to 767 school. This was right around the time of the US/UA merger announcement.

Before using such final and definitive words as "you are dreaming" and "sadly mistaken" you should check your facts.
My point was that you boys (if in fact you are at UAL), had developed a rather pompous attitude, presumably from drinking all the koolaid you were given. ALPA supported it. The merger policy that was adopted proves it. I have a hard time believing that Brucia changed his strips and had the ability to remain neutral.

Incidentally, my UAL buddy, rather than fly the 737, the guppy in your venacular, went into the training dept. on the 76 as a F/O instruct., which if I'm not mistaken, kept him off reserve, at home, and gave him the ability to fly 76 international trips that he would be able to hold otherwise. Ironically, he has been booted from the traing dept because of all your downsizing and now can hold right seat in a small bus.

I think the controversy makes him a distraction and degrades his effectiveness as a BPR rep. For that reason alone perhaps he should consider resigning his position for the good of the rank and file. But - I will not judge until I know more. My question then is what did he know and when did he know it. My inclination is to allow the recall process to move forward until these questions are fully answered.

Reactions: 6 people
Tracy Parella always wears four stripes on her shoulders. The roster shows that she is currently a F.O. and though as a downgraded CA she could wear four on her sleeve four on the shoulderboard is not authorized.

However, ego seems to require four stripes.

I have also heard many east FOs refer to themselves as the "co-Captain" during PA announcements. Weak.

I've wondered about that. I watched a video of her in PHX where she was knitting the whole way through, while wearing 4 stripes. We are at about the same seniority and we can't hold 767 capt. If she does not hold a captain bid she should not wear 4 stripes on her shirt. I believe the FOM allows a downgraded F/O to wear 4 stripes on the jacket only..not the shirt, not the wings with a wreath, just the jacket. If someone is wearing something other than that it is an issue for the chief pilots and they should be enforcing it. If they wear what is allowed by the FOM it is no one's business.

I think the controversy makes him a distraction and degrades his effectiveness as a BPR rep. For that reason alone perhaps he should consider resigning his position for the good of the rank and file. But - I will not judge until I know more. My question then is what did he know and when did he know it. My inclination is to allow the recall process to move forward until these questions are fully answered.

Thanks for the reply, I respect your opinion.

Degrades his effectiveness? Ever been to a board meeting? Ever been on a conference call? Crimi does a great job. If you did happen to attend a meeting, you'd see it was if nothing had happened at all. Because, even if it actually did happen, that was about 7 years ago. And if the truth about his detractor(s) was ever brought out, it would only make Crimi look better. Crimi never cost you a dime. The guys with the clipboards sure did though.
Meanwhile alpo lets a boatload of scabs back in as if nothing had happened. But that's ok......

Reactions: 1 person

It's embarrassing when the Captain uses the word "co-Captain" during a PA.

My job is to assist him and watch his back.

He has final authority over the aircraft and crew.

The limit of my authority is whether he does so with or without me on board the aircraft.

Reactions: 1 person
Degrades his effectiveness? Ever been to a board meeting? Ever been on a conference call? Crimi does a great job. If you did happen to attend a meeting, you'd see it was if nothing had happened at all. Because, even if it actually did happen, that was about 7 years ago. And if the truth about his detractor(s) was ever brought out, it would only make Crimi look better. Crimi never cost you a dime. The guys with the clipboards sure did though.
Meanwhile alpo lets a boatload of scabs back in as if nothing had happened. But that's ok......

Several years ago there was a recall attempt in CLT, remember? That attempt was thrwarted by ALPA manuevering and machinations. Is USAPA going to operate the same way? If Crimi is above fault, if his detractors have skeletons in their closet, let's let the process play out. Lets hear the full story from both sides - and then lets vote. I was sick and tired of ALPA board room shenanigans. Lets start acting like our C&BL's are more than just words on paper.

And using the excuse that it happened 7 years ago is bad, bad strategy.

Reactions: 6 people
Status
Not open for further replies.