US Pilots Labor Discussion 8/25- STAY ON TOPIC AND OBSERVE THE RULES

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad to see that you folks have some humor...so, here - chew on this.
What exactly is your opinion of a scab? Nasty sort of fella/gal, huh?
You'all are always throwing that term around, and Crimi's name to boot.
Take a few minutes and ask the fellas on the active AWA list if they have any remorse from their actions in 1989...

When you have talked to all of these guys, let me know what you found out, and then we can entertain the definition of what a scab is.

Reactions: 1 person
By the way, do tell, just how will the usapa strike plan preclude west pilots from acting as strikebreakers?

The Teamsters representative at the future USAPA meetings will patiently explain this to you. It will be very informative information for you, I am sure.

The Teamsters representative at the future USAPA meetings will patiently explain this to you. It will be very informative information for you, I am sure.

It's pathetic, to say the least, that USAPA is running to Amerijet to try and obtain some respect and credibility. The only explaining that matters at all in this mess will happen from the Jury box. The IBT is just as neutered and worthless in your DOH quest as USAPA is. Don't you find it disturbing, on even a cursory level, that Cleary and the "anti raid" clause is specifically, and intentionally designed to remove the VOICE and FREE WILL of the pilot body? Isn't USAPA founded on the "most democratic" of principles?

Honestly, you CAN'T see this turning into North Korea before your very eyes? Do you care about that at all? It's all noise and diversion anyway. USAPA is doomed. If the IBT is dumb enough to attach their name to anything USAPA then I guess they get what they deserve. I guess they've Earned the position as the 2nd most worthless organization for pilots...next to #1, USAPA of Course.

The Teamsters beg to differ with you. Is USAPA aligning itself with the Teamsters Union, starting to make sense to you now?
Why does usapa need to align itself with anyone. We were told an independent union is where it's at. That you east guy don't need no one. National unions were for suckers. That there was a conflict of interest representing UAL and DAL and commuters. But you guys see no problem associating with a union that represents truckers, pilots, fuelers, buggy drivers, ect. No conflict there at all right.

So is that why usapa is aligning itself with the teamsters? So someone will pay attention to their scab list if someday many years from now usapa gets released. Oh please let's go strike so that AWA pilot can be placed below 85% of the east pilots. I know how about we go on strike so the west can make half what the east makes in a new contract.

How about this. usapa does manage to get released. Manages to get 60% for a strike vote. The west does cross the line. Then usapa gets it's DOH list. The west wins a DFR. Are west pilots still scabs after proving that usapa did not represent us fairly? Meaning that the reason for the strike and picket were wrong. If we win a DFR what would you call a union that tried to staple 85% of the pilots they represent?

Why does usapa need to align itself with anyone. We were told an independent union is where it's at. That you east guy don't need no one. National unions were for suckers. That there was a conflict of interest representing UAL and DAL and commuters. But you guys see no problem associating with a union that represents truckers, pilots, fuelers, buggy drivers, ect. No conflict there at all right.

So is that why usapa is aligning itself with the teamsters? So someone will pay attention to their scab list if someday many years from now usapa gets released. Oh please let's go strike so that AWA pilot can be placed below 85% of the east pilots. I know how about we go on strike so the west can make half what the east makes in a new contract.

How about this. usapa does manage to get released. Manages to get 60% for a strike vote. The west does cross the line. Then usapa gets it's DOH list. The west wins a DFR. Are west pilots still scabs after proving that usapa did not represent us fairly? Meaning that the reason for the strike and picket were wrong. If we win a DFR what would you call a union that tried to staple 85% of the pilots they represent?

You cross a legal picket line to do struck work and there is NOTHING, NO amount of justification that will make you clean from it. I do not agree with 95% of what USAPA does, but that doesn't mean I cross the line.

Driver B)

You cross a legal picket line to do struck work and there is NOTHING, NO amount of justification that will make you clean from it. I do not agree with 95% of what USAPA does, but that doesn't mean I cross the line.

Driver B)

USAPA is an abomination. You expect West pilots to go on strike to support the destruction of their careers? Are you out of your mind? Luckily, this is a moot point. USAPA will NEVER be released to strike and if they do, they can forget about the West helping them out. I would never consider a West pilot crossing a USAPA/DOH picket line a Scab. I'd consider him a soldier.

Now, if the strike is to get a contract INCLUSIVE of the Nic, the result of some degree of neutral due process, then that is an entirely different story.

Driver B)

Very true. I hear a lot of talk from the west about how all of the pilots at other airlines support you and look down on us. First I would say that it is not exactly a scientific exercise to gage the commentary of a guy hitching a ride home on YOUR jumpseat as the sentiment of the populous.

Either way 320 is right. Nobody will not give two DELETED BY MODERATORwhat your reasons were for DELETED BY MODERATOR especially as time passes. You will be outcasts period.

The issue is moot because PBS is coming to the east whether they like it or not. No pilot east or west will accept the concessions in pay and benefits necessary to pull the plug on PBS. And with PBS, there will be no matched F/A pairings.

Inefficiency will not be part and parcel to the new USAirways.
This is a joke. Your earlier posts also say we will all be paid the same rate for every jet. You must be from the original cadre of AWA which lowered the bar for the industry. No pension, no 410k no vacations, low pay. There is no way East pilots will go for 1. Nic 2. PBS 3. Same pay for all. We don't need the west for anything. Separate ops is just fine. You can keep hanging out there alone in PHX with the SWA crosshairs coming into focus more and more every day. One of these days it will bite you hard.

Reactions: 2 people
USAPA is an abomination. You expect West pilots to go on strike to support the destruction of their careers? Are you out of your mind? Luckily, this is a moot point. USAPA will NEVER be released to strike and if they do, they can forget about the West helping them out. I would never consider a West pilot crossing a USAPA/DOH picket line a Scab. I'd consider him a soldier.

Now, if the strike is to get a contract INCLUSIVE of the Nic, the result of some degree of neutral due process, then that is an entirely different story.
Amazing entitlement mentality. We are preparing your battle stars for the next campaign. These will be bigger than the Australian medals.

Reactions: 4 people
Status
Not open for further replies.