US Pilots Labor Discussion 8/25- STAY ON TOPIC AND OBSERVE THE RULES

Status
Not open for further replies.
USAPA is an abomination. You expect West pilots to go on strike to support the destruction of their careers? Are you out of your mind? Luckily, this is a moot point. USAPA will NEVER be released to strike and if they do, they can forget about the West helping them out. I would never consider a West pilot crossing a USAPA/DOH picket line a Scab. I'd consider him a soldier.

Now, if the strike is to get a contract INCLUSIVE of the Nic, the result of some degree of neutral due process, then that is an entirely different story.

So it's okay for the west to pick and choose what morals and codes they abide by, but the east disregarding binding arbitration is the worst thing anybody could do? More integrity please. When you brag about being willing to scab it says it all.

The Teamsters beg to differ with you. Is USAPA aligning itself with the Teamsters Union, starting to make sense to you now?

Ahhh! Teamsters. This must be usapa's strike plan that will preclude west pilots from being strikebreakers. Knee breakers. I get it now! Man, am I scared! I'll bet Parker is, too.

Reactions: 1 person
The Teamsters beg to differ with you. Is USAPA aligning itself with the Teamsters Union, starting to make sense to you now?

We're a tough bunch out here, in case you haven't noticed. Usapa obviously can't intimidate us so now they go running to the teamsters. Like I said above very sarcastically - I'm scared now! I am laughing hysterically with Doug Parker.

Reactions: 2 people
So it's okay for the west to pick and choose what morals and codes they abide by, but the east disregarding binding arbitration is the worst thing anybody could do? More integrity please. When you brag about being willing to scab it says it all.

I guess you can say we'll be lowering ourselves to your level. You guys have achieved something after all!

There is nothing immoral about a person choosing to work even though a union is on strike. God defines morality and He never mentioned unions or strikes which are an invention of man rather than God. There is an enormous difference between not honoring an agreement (universally recognized as immoral) and not going along with a union strike (an amoral, personal choice). USAPA is entirely void of any form of morality so following their lead will not constitute a good, moral choice. Pilots need to think for themselves and not hide behind the corrupt and immoral USAPA leadership. Not that any of this matters as an authorization to strike has about as much of a chance as LOA93 pay restoration - a number very close to zero.

Just out of curiosity, can a verified scab be a full-fledged union member of USAPA according to the CBL's?
Or, is there some other status that may be imposed?

Amazing entitlement mentality. We are preparing your battle stars for the next campaign. These will be bigger than the Australian medals.
Who needs a "battle star" when you already have the USAPA insignia and badge backer? BTW, as I've said time and again, I'm not a west pilot. I'm not entitled to anything from another airline. EITHER ARE YOU.

[
quote name='PullUp' date='09 September 2010 - 09:07 AM' timestamp='1284041250' post='759796']
Just out of curiosity, can a verified scab be a full-fledged union member of USAPA according to the CBL's?
Or, is there some other status that may be imposed?
[/quote]
That depends. Is it an East or West scab? That has everything to do with the answer USAPA will provide.

MOD COMMENT-- There are rules against the use of the word scab in the context of this debate....move on....

There is nothing immoral about a person choosing to work even though a union is on strike. God defines morality and He never mentioned unions or strikes which are an invention of man rather than God. There is an enormous difference between not honoring an agreement (universally recognized as immoral) and not going along with a union strike (an amoral, personal choice). USAPA is entirely void of any form of morality so following their lead will not constitute a good, moral choice. Pilots need to think for themselves and not hide behind the corrupt and immoral USAPA leadership. Not that any of this matters as an authorization to strike has about as much of a chance as LOA93 pay restoration - a number very close to zero.

Okay, so scabbing isn't immoral, but not living up to an agreement is, right? Well, I didn't get an answer to my question about how many west pilots didn't pay their dues until Suzie lost her Joan of Arc battle. It is a condition of employment that you will pay your dues no matter if you join the union or not. So, by accepting employment you enter that agreement. How many immoral west pilots were/are there? I know there are plenty of reasons why this doesn't apply to the west, standing by to hear them. I mean they are west pilots, special and all.

It just amazes me that any pilot would brag about being willing to you-know- what.

Since you are in the pontificating mode this morning, how about recalling John 8:7, or remembering that Jesus' people and religious leaders entered into many agreements with the Romans and codified many rules to govern their own society, many of which he rejected. He was the first to reject final and binding.

Of course, if you are of another persuasion, I will need to rethink my line of reasonng, but the analogy would be similar.

Since you are in the pontificating mode this morning, how about recalling John 8:7, or remembering that Jesus' people and religious leaders entered into many agreements with the Romans and codified many rules to govern their own society, many of which he rejected. He was the first to reject final and binding.

Of course, if you are of another persuasion, I will need to rethink my line of reasonng, but the analogy would be similar.
He also pointed out the hypocrisy in their rules. His teaching were based on doing what is right, not what is right for ONLY the East pilots.

The Truth only comes in one flavor. You can't change the recipe.

Usapa = Telling the East what they WANT to hear. Not what they SHOULD hear.

Good morning :
I understand flt. 800 Clt-Gig was cxld We. evening due to no pilots avail. What's up with that ?
The East pilots were busy plotting their next move to propel their miserable careers by using the back of the West pilots they are supposed to fairly represent. The trouble is, they cant figure out a way to avoid a DFR.........Because there isnt one.

Instead, they enjoy living at INDUSTRY LOW PAYSCALES. And the East Captains support this. They are willing to work for less money than Spirit and JB to support the AFO's.

OR

Maybe they'd like a raise, but Napoleon and his man-friends are too afraid to allow the membership to vote on a contract.

Smell Fear in CLT?

Usapa = Sticking it to YOU, everyday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts