US Pilots Labor Discussion 5/13- STAY ON TOPIC AND OBSERVE THE RULES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you keep spinning this so? All of us involved know damn well that the other organized labor groups at USAirways who merged by DOH did so because that was the methodology of their individual unions.

The alpa merger policy DID NOT provide for DOH. We followed the applicable methodology to a tee which resulted in the east's actually rejecting a final and binding decision - unprecedented in the history of arbitration.
If USAPA had been formed a year or so before the merger, just think of how things would be different. Timing is everything they say.

Even Stephen Bradford couldn't decide when to have a lousy idea. It just popped in there one day.

Reactions: 3 people
Why don't you guys save your bandwidth.

Third, if he never flew a revenue flight for Freedom, it's pretty difficult to call him a strikebreaker. So, he cost the airline a free type rating. Sounds like a good deal to me....cost the union-busters much money for no return on investment.
The following is from the December 18, 2002 US Airways MEC code-a-phone:

“The MEC directed the MEC officers and Negotiating Committee to inform US Airways management that the MEC ... objects to any potential or contemplated code sharing arrangement with Freedom Air unless its pilots are represented by ALPA. The US Airways MEC supports the actions of ALPA International’s Executive Council and Executive Board in opposing the formation of Freedom Air as a non-union entity, and directed that all furloughed US Airways pilots be notified of the Executive Board, Executive Council and MEC’s opposition to Freedom Air. Any pilot on the US Airways seniority list that accepts employment with Freedom Air will lose all US Airways MEC-sponsored ALPA privileges, including but not limited to jumpseat, health insurance, web access, furlough administrator access, and ALPA-provided job search programs. If applicable, the US Airways MEC will file Article VIII charges against any US Airways seniority list pilot accepting or remaining in employment with Freedom Air after February 1, 2003, for engaging in action detrimental to the Association.”

Mr. Freedom's own message
Here’s what did happen. In early 2003, I was a furloughed US Airway’s pilot. In January of that year, I interviewed and began training for a job at a company called Freedom Airlines, received my CRJ type rating on March 27th, and received a termination letter in early May for refusing to fly the line.
So Mr. Good Union pilot full of integrity knew better than the entire union. Mr. Freedom decided that he was going to go against the advice and request of the union. The union did not say everyone go and get the type rating and cost the company money, no they said do not even accept employment and further there will be penalties if you do accept employment. This message went out Dec. 2002. Mr. wants to be a nation union official by his own admission accepted employment AFTER the message went out. He remained employed AFTER the union told everyone not to work for Freedom. He was at Freedom for a full month after receiving his type rating. What happened in that month? Was he on the beach? Did he do IOE? That is a revenue flight, true union busting activity.

So even after he knew not to accept the job Mr. union buster waited 4-5 months before “seeing the light” then waited to be fired. If as you say he was in it for the type rating. Why stick around for a month after getting said type rating? Why did he not quit after the type rating, why wait to be fired?

You guys can try and justify this anyway you want but this guy wants to be a national union official after engaging in union busting activity. That speaks very badly about the candidate and also those that endorse him and defend him. How can he expect to have credibility if he were to ask good union pilots to strike if the time comes? How hypocritical would it be for a national officer to ask the pilots of US Airways to sacrifice and strike when this same officer failed to follow advice and make the choice not to go to work for a union busting airline.

Reactions: 2 people
Separate matter altogether. And I'm not the one gloating over pipedream "damages" to the tune of half a million. What an absurd joke. Do they ever do random drug tests out west?

Plenty of free on line savings rate calculators x 20 years and you will see the numbers add up really fast. I'm sure Judge Wake will have one too during the award phase of the damages trial.

Reactions: 1 person
Does anyone know if the NMB rules change this week

http://liveshots.blogs.foxnews.com/2010/05/11/new-union-friendly-rules-could-affect-delta/

affect changing the bargaining agent.

Perhaps to one that can actually bargain.

Why do you keep spinning this so? All of us involved know damn well that the other organized labor groups at USAirways who merged by DOH did so because that was the methodology of their individual unions.

The alpa merger policy DID NOT provide for DOH. We followed the applicable methodology to a tee which resulted in the east's actually rejecting a final and binding decision - unprecedented in the history of arbitration.

I believe that you east pilots will continue saying whatever you want (however untrue) in hopes that by repeating the same thing over and over people will begin to believe you. Much like the east bought the west argument.

The ninth will eventually rule. That's all that matters at this point. Until then I guess you'll keep spinning...

NYCbusdriver, why haven't you responded? Cat got your tongue?

Just in case the east lurkers don't think Ferguson is a danger

Posting from Pilotsforchange

"From: xxxxxxhughes.net
To: [email protected]
Sent: 5/14/2010 9:38:49 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time
Subj: [pilotsforchange] Fwd: an exchange with eric ferguson and xxxxx

I hope Eric wins ! And I hope they get rid of the bottom 1000 crybabies who call themselves "EAST" pilots. They have thrown us senior pilots under the bus with their selfish BULL SxxT ! Lawsuits and NO Contract ! I couldn't care less about these crybabies, LTD ( scam artists) and furloughed bums. They need to take jobs at Continental, SWA, and Jet Blue with all their scab buddies ! US Airways will be better off without them.Ranxx

Just in case the east lurkers don't think Ferguson is a danger

Posting from Pilotsforchange

"From: xxxxxxhughes.net
To: [email protected]
Sent: 5/14/2010 9:38:49 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time
Subj: [pilotsforchange] Fwd: an exchange with eric ferguson and xxxxx

I hope Eric wins ! And I hope they get rid of the bottom 1000 crybabies who call themselves "EAST" pilots. They have thrown us senior pilots under the bus with their selfish BULL SxxT ! Lawsuits and NO Contract ! I couldn't care less about these crybabies, LTD ( scam artists) and furloughed bums. They need to take jobs at Continental, SWA, and Jet Blue with all their scab buddies ! US Airways will be better off without them.Ranxx

That proves it then. At least a thousand or more east votes for feces in the mail ferguson. Congrats. This fellow no doubt speaks for at least a thousand east pilots. Looking forward to fergusons reign.

NYCbusdriver, why haven't you responded? Cat got your tongue?

I'm just tired of repeating the same old answers to your same old diatribes.

ALPA policy called for no windfalls. There was a tremendous windfall for the west to the permanent detriment of far too many east pilots. It's not spin; it's simply the answer.

And I agree that the Ninth Circuit will rule shortly and hopefully put an end to this. (I personally doubt they will....they will move the process back to Judge Wake and tell him to wait for ripeness. That will ensure I will be long retired and gone from this board, unlike KOAT. And some deserving east pilot will get my captain's chair as you all endure Parker's footdragging on a new contract.)

I'm just tired of repeating the same old answers to your same old diatribes.

ALPA policy called for no windfalls. There was a tremendous windfall for the west to the permanent detriment of far too many east pilots. It's not spin; it's simply the answer.

And I agree that the Ninth Circuit will rule shortly and hopefully put an end to this. (I personally doubt they will....they will move the process back to Judge Wake and tell him to wait for ripeness. That will ensure I will be long retired and gone from this board, unlike KOAT. And some deserving east pilot will get my captain's chair as you all endure Parker's footdragging on a new contract.)

West pilots would argue the only windfall that came from the Nicolau is the one that made their Number One number 518 on the merged list.

Reactions: 2 people
That proves it then. At least a thousand or more east votes for feces in the mail ferguson. Congrats. This fellow no doubt speaks for at least a thousand east pilots. Looking forward to fergusons reign.

I do not follow this reply chain, not really making sense.

Also, I am not campaigning for E.F., vote your vote. However, to my knowledge E.F. has been a member of usapa since he first became eligible, which was a nebulous time to say the least, because he paid dues from the start, but had to inquire as to his status for months, before usapa replied that he was indeed a member, they just had not acknowledged it for oh, say over half a year.

Also, there is obvious confusion between AOL, and AWAPPA, and the Cactus 18, and how or who was became intwined with the RICO lawsuit, and for what reason.

But, I am pretty sure there is no conection to E.F. and any alleged feces.

I do not follow this reply chain, not really making sense.

But, I am pretty sure there is no connection to E.F. and any alleged feces.
They have no argument so they change the topic and attack another subject. You see the East knows that the time is drawing near for them to face the implementation of the Nic. They can either accept it and move on or continue to live in misery (either way, they live in misery since they blame everyone else for their problems). They are most definitely afraid of Fergueson messing up their tyranny. They should be. EF will only expedite the fact that USAPA's leaders keep stepping on their cranks and going nowhere.

Good news East pilots, Delta is hiring, I'm sure they'd move you to the top of the list for interviews. You can explain to them 'how its done' ha ha ha...

Keep Failing us USAPA. One failure after another.

Reactions: 3 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts