US Pilots labor thread 5/3-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Black Swan,

I know Carl well as he was in my new hire class. I will be doing my work at the James Cancer clinic at Ohio State Med center. My Dr. special area of study is Myelofibrosis. The James have performed 2500 bonemarrow transplants, and Dr. Devine is the head of oncology and transplant for the whole center. He has published 67 articles on transplants and speaks to groups all over about MF and the current state of discoveries in this field. I feel very comfortable with my treatment center, but I will take the info.

Thanks
OK, I know you , and well. You need to call Carl. The Walton Center at Little Rock is the best. I am going to contact you off line.

Well it looks like I will be out of commision for a while. I offically punched out today on long term sick, which I think will be followed by LTD. I was told last week that I have myelofibrosis, cancer of the bone marrow. I have lost alot of weight, but my spleen has grown 4x the normal size. I hope to get the spleen removed this week or next then work on bone marrow transplant. I truely hope this east/west mess is solved one way or the other by my return. Best of luck to all, and safe flying.

Cubfan
Please know you'll be in all of out thoughts and prayers, hang in there Cubfan we got your back!!!!!

Well it looks like I will be out of commision for a while. I offically punched out today on long term sick, which I think will be followed by LTD. I was told last week that I have myelofibrosis, cancer of the bone marrow. I have lost alot of weight, but my spleen has grown 4x the normal size. I hope to get the spleen removed this week or next then work on bone marrow transplant. I truely hope this east/west mess is solved one way or the other by my return. Best of luck to all, and safe flying.

Cubfan
Very sorry to hear that you are sick. Look at the bright side you have way more important things to think about now than some silly airline and what us bone heads have to say.

Take care of yourself and concentrate on recovery and family.

Cubfan,

We send you our best wishes and hopes for a swift and complete recovery. Get well soon.

Best

Richard and the AirlinerForums.com team

Cubfan-

I don't know you, but you're going through something every one of us fears, and every one of us knows deep down we pulling for you to make it through this. So you're not as alone as you might feel going out on LTD.

Cubfan

I very sorry to hear of your sickness. Know that there will be prayers said for you daily. Hang in there and keep us posted on the progress.

.... see if he has any of the "Let my Daddy vote" bumper stickers

In the East we have a history of shielding the personal agendas of Union Officials from line pilot interference.

The last campaign give us a contract that is less than the Company's initial offer.
Hit a nerve. Maybe you have some extra bumper stickers you can sell him. Or maybe even skills to coin a new slogan. :lol:

cubfan,

You can beat it. I was a bone marrow donor for my sister a few years ago. She had acquired a very similar disease to yours. She is totally cured now, and does not even have to go in for checkups anymore. I wish you all the best. PM me if I can be of any help.

supercruiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts