US Pilots Labor Thread 8/20-8/27- NO PERSONAL REMARKS

Status
Not open for further replies.
90% of the Captains I fly with in CLT say you're both wrong.

We'll see how the vote goes.

So that essentially means that even if you flew with a different captain on every single trip in one year you have managed to avoid approximately 92 percent of the total of CLT Captains. You are really speaking from a position of authority. I am probably one of those captains and I will tell you: you are still wrong, in complete denial, or extremely lacking in cranial capacity.

:up: Sure. Then you can head into retirement in a few years a quarter of a million dollars poorer. And for no reason! Suit yourself! :lol:

But for real, you're not fooling anyone. It's obvious you're a card carrying member of the Angry Core Club; desperate to hold on to the elusive dream of avoiding Nicolau. Ain't going to happen, my friend.

Before making wrong assumptions - lets go with the premise that you know absolutely nothing about me. For the record I have my own business that pays in excess of 10X my airline income so I could actually care less what happens to this place. Its actually quite entertaining watching these posts as you guys continually fight over the scraps of a pathetic airline

I am in a state of shock after watching Parker's talk in PHX on Aug 18. Everyone flying for the so called East should watch this video. Mr. Parker along with the rest of the west basically ignores the sacrifice every pilot from the east has made to keep this airline aloft during some horrible times for this country and this airline. US Airways was so deeply impacted by 9-11 because of its route structure and one of its hubs closed down for a long period of time. These people from out west want to belittle us because of our circumstances without giving any thought to the years of difficult times we went through with huge sacrifices we made to keep this airline flying. I am to the point of almost feeling sorry for a group of people that are willing to kick someone down to make their situation seem better than it really is. Reality is that AWE did not have a bright future. Folks the future of this airline is the east coast and not Phoenix. Bottom line is that we need to stand up to these people that think they deserve our airline when in reality they did not earn it!!!!!

Keep on tilting at those windmills.

If you had flown with me you'd remember.

I see you completely ignored responding to the part of the post where I called you out on your statement of 90% captains comment. That usually happens when a rebuttal is futile and would make one look foolish.

And you know what they say about remembering other pilots you fly with - you usually remember the ones that are really, really good and the ones that are really, really bad. I am sure that I already know which category that you belong in.

Before making wrong assumptions - lets go with the premise that you know absolutely nothing about me. For the record I have my own business that pays in excess of 10X my airline income so I could actually care less what happens to this place. Its actually quite entertaining watching these posts as you guys continually fight over the scraps of a pathetic airline

So "for the record" you are saying your other business makes 10X your income here....... then give up your job here so someone (FURLOUGH) who is trying to make a living can do so. You may not care what happens to this place as you seem you are entitled. Well, most of us do not have that luxury. I CARE what happens to this place as I have a mortage, kids in college and I care what happens to this airline and my career. Glad you are entertained - hey - wait can I have a loan???

so let me get this straight.....

I supported you in an adverse seniority intergration and you reward my paycut contribution with an equal distribution ?????

Im sorry I was so stupid....So much for equal....next time Ill vote for myself.....I think Tempe is nice in the winter,...

so let me get this straight.....

I supported you in an adverse seniority intergration and you reward my paycut contribution with an equal distribution ?????

Im sorry I was so stupid....So much for equal....next time Ill vote for myself.....I think Tempe is nice in the winter,...

At first glance, I though the same but changed my view. Everyone affected by LOA 93 and the other concessions were affected in different ways. Scope relief from the 56 RJ's in service to the hundreds today, slaughtered the bottom portion of the list. They flying was outsourced, the passengers stayed and continued to be carried with a flag on the tail but by the likes of Mesa, Mid Atlantic, CHQ, etc. People on LTD had no control over their health, which could happen to anyone and is just a small portion of the group. So many jobs were lost, degraded, or positions downgraded due to scope relief, that was more of a hit than pay cuts.

So that essentially means that even if you flew with a different captain on every single trip in one year you have managed to avoid approximately 92 percent of the total of CLT Captains. You are really speaking from a position of authority.

It's true I have not flown with 90% of the CLT captains. It's also true that since the DFR decision came out 90% of the captains I have flown with say the courts are not going to let USAPA rewrite the seniority list and that USAPA is costing us all a lot of money.

What's your point? That you were absent the day they talked about statistical sampling in school?

And you know what they say about remembering other pilots you fly with - you usually remember the ones that are really, really good and the ones that are really, really bad. I am sure that I already know which category that you belong in.

I just flew 3 days with a Simulator Check Airman who said I was in the top 1% of First Officers he's seen so you'd be wrong.

You would remember flying with a First Officer who said DOH is not fair and that USAPA is unethical and incompetent.

:up: Sure. Then you can head into retirement in a few years a quarter of a million dollars poorer. And for no reason! Suit yourself! :lol:

But for real, you're not fooling anyone. It's obvious you're a card carrying member of the Angry Core Club; desperate to hold on to the elusive dream of avoiding Nicolau. Ain't going to happen, my friend.

Aquagreen,

It's funny to read your last 3 or 4 posts. Since I don't know how to capture the quotes, lets just recap. Your first post we are losing $3000+ a month (not sure where you get your fiqures), then in your next post, we are losing $40,000+ a year and, low and behold, we've lost a quarter of a million dollars in a few years from now. But since you work in a linear fashion, I could probably come up with YOUR numbers at the 5 year mark. Geez, math a little hard on you in school.

Promise? Have we heard the last from you?
Not likely. I'll make you a deal, though.

When you stop posting here, I'll stop too.

My comments were in the spirit of overall East/West relations.

There are none. Parker loves it. And the East will not budge on this issue...I guess you won't either. I couldn't care less. And I'm not alone.

Yes, and I also have a personal recollection of the discussion. (My opinion of the difference between what I said happened and what you claim happened is, in my opinion, spin on what occurred. It wasn't wrong that a discussion occurred, but the way that USAPA discussed it was artfully phrased.)

Don’t take offense, hp. I never claimed what happened. I said your version differd from USAPAs. It does. Reread, Seems there’s some conflicting info here. Either hp missed it or the USAPA release was bias. The transcript will tell. Hp said..., USAPA said,... So either (quoting USAPA) "the judge expressed concern about whether there was even any legal basis for awarding attorneys fees." or he didn't.

Going back to February 2004, you wrote literally hundreds of biased chat posts critical of U/USAirways, long before the merger announced. What was your interest, connection? Now your just reporting the facts. You opined about PHL LEC Rep recall a year before the merger. You argued with an east pilot you called chipster. What was your source for that kind of inhouse info?

“I think that sums it up. But the Chipster is upset because the guys from PA have more power then the guys from NYC and the Chipster only wants to deal with the powerful people of the world. I sure hope the Chipster has a hack license pending because doing it his way or the highway can definately lead to the highway.hp. August 2004â€
Perhaps there will fail to be a quorm. I can't see the RC4 sitting at the same table with USA320Pilot.We'll find out more later. Sep 10 2004
If the RC4 have the power they do, why do they need to remove the one member of the NC? They can override his vote by just not allowing a TA to go out. Or, is it true that they fully intend to let any negotiated TA to go out as they had apparently promised their constituents? In that case I could see why they want at least someone representing their opinion on the NC. Sep 2004
Us Airways Negotiations: 12 Angry Men I don't know Freshwater or the other members of RC4, but if they have your panties in that tight a wad they are candidates for Holiday cards from me this December. You see, I am a firm believer in what goes around, comes around.
BTW, before you send in a complaint about me insulting you, name me one other person I treat the same as you. You can't. Even if I disagree with them, I respect them and their views. If I lived in Wisconsin I would buy you a big block of cheese to go with your whine.
Sep 2004

Ineresting info, like right out of some disgruntled AAA source. 5-year non-stop critical of anything/everything “U� I don’t get it.

BTW, where did you get your legal training and experience? While working in PHX or during your 10 years living Laurel, MD? Somehow, your earlier posts don’t hint at it. Your legal credentials don’t appear until you start posting on the NIC/DFR. And yes, on a long Trans-Atlantic layover, I have time to waste.

So now it is my turn to ask. Do you have the transcript yet and can you prove me to be incorrect? If so post the whole thing somewhere so everyone here can judge whether my notes, taken on the fly in the hearing, were substantially correct or not.

Again, hp, I never said you were incorrect, not telling the truth, just the two versions didn't match. I don't have inside sources to get transcripts. I guess the doubt will just linger until the transcripts are out. Your the one keeping this alive. Based on your 100s of anti-U as a corporation and anti-East labor posts going back long before the merger, I think we all have to question anything you write, if we get two differing versions.

It's true I have not flown with 90% of the CLT captains. It's also true that since the DFR decision came out 90% of the captains I have flown with say the courts are not going to let USAPA rewrite the seniority list and that USAPA is costing us all a lot of money.

What's your point? That you were absent the day they talked about statistical sampling in school?

My point is that you were misleading with your statements. Your post is intended to be biased when you fail to disclose that you havent even flown with 90% of the charlotte pilot group. The probability that your number would come out at exactly 90% is almost impossible. You would more likely come up with a number like 89.93%.

So wow - you are also a mathmatician. Then you sampled say approximately 8.56% of the captain pilot group and came up with a definitive answer. I was also in school for the statistical sampling day. I was also there for the probability and statistics course all semester.

To Recap:

So you say that 90% of the clt captains would vote according to how you say they will vote but yet you have not flown with even 90% of the charlotte captains. I hope you dont bet with money or you would be poor very quickly.

By the way what was your margin for error in this nice little statistically sampling experiment of yours? Can we all see the exact results of your complete quantitative analysis. Can you post the numbers for us please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts