Vote Prediction

mrplanes

Advanced
Sep 17, 2002
You were first my friend. Bottom line is the same though. The chest pounding and lunacy on this site by the no voters is just plain foolish. Our intelligent and level headed mechanics will prevail. Just like Janet Reno, the no's will realize they have lost soon enough.

[TABLE id=Table23 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2]
[TBODY]
[TR]
[TD vAlign=top]
[P][SPAN class=BodyFont]My prediction for the IAM vote:[BR][BR]YES 53% NO 47%[/SPAN][/P][/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE]

A newbie here. But here is a prediction. The cooler heads will prevail and the vote will pass. The non vocal minority with sense will not allow their jobs to disappear due to the radical elements of the group. You heard it here first.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/17/2002 6:49:28 PM chipmunn wrote:
US has West Coast mechanics who I believe have their polling completed at 7:00 PM PDT or 10:00 EDT.

----------------
[/blockquote]

Polls on the West coast close @ 17:00 PDT... 22:00 EDT.

My prediction for the IAM vote:

YES 62% NO 38%

Of course, nearly 100% of the mechanics will claim that they did not vote for the plan, and yet it passes anyway...
---

Thank you for choosing Continental Airlines, a proud member of the SkyTeam Alliance.

A lot of people talk tough on anonymous message board forums and amongst their coworkers, but when it comes down to actually casting a vote, cooler heads prevail. I'm not saying that's always the case, but often times, it is. So while many will come on this board and tell us that they voted no, many will have probably voted yes but don't want to admit it.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/17/2002 5:39:31 PM ITRADE wrote:

Well CWA is in.[/P]

Anybody want to take bets on the IAM????[/P]

% Yes? % No?[/P]

[/P]
----------------
[/blockquote]

I don't know about the odds, ITRADE, but I think it will pass. When I look back over the boards from the last few weeks, the overwhelming majority of CWA posters were solidly in the NO camp and look at their results...pretty overwhelming at almost 75% yes
9.gif']

All unions except the IAM use an electronic ballot system. The IAM uses a manual system with polling done at each station. US has West Coast mechanics who I believe have their polling completed at 7:00 PM PDT or 10:00 EDT.

Once the vote is complete, the union will notify Employee Relations and dependent on the union desires, either the union will issue a press release and the company responds or the parties issue a joint press release.

I suspect the announcement will be made between 11:30 PM and 1:00 PM tonight.

Prediction:

53 percent - YES
47 percent - NO

Chip