Warning To All Hp Crewmembers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its quite amazing to see the employees of the sinking (U)ship salivate over the jobs of those that save them(HP). U is being bought by HP ( maybe), the HP employees should not lose their jobs to the ones being bought. Not one HP employee should loose their job, U employees should fill the vacancies left over (no hiring off the street until U employees fill vacancies). After all, the pilots and employees decided to work for HP not U and it so turns out that HP is better off (granted not by much) than U is. Why should they loose their jobs to other employee groups that decided to work for what has turned into a sinking ship?

BINGO.

The benefits of my labors should not go to some unknown person at U who has been paid more then me for years, nor should they get hired and reduce my relative position in seniority. That said, I do not seek to improve my position at their expense. As long as I hold onto my relative position in seniority and income, I will be satisfied.

exagony said:
Its quite amazing to see the employees of the sinking (U)ship salivate over the jobs of those that save them(HP). U is being bought by HP ( maybe), the HP employees should not lose their jobs to the ones being bought. Not one HP employee should loose their job, U employees should fill the vacancies left over (no hiring off the street until U employees fill vacancies). After all, the pilots and employees decided to work for HP not U and it so turns out that HP is better off (granted not by much) than U is. Why should they loose their jobs to other employee groups that decided to work for what has turned into a sinking ship?
[post="263681"][/post]​

You are an excellent candidate for some Botox. I can tell you must have a continually p*ssed-off constipated look on your puss. Lighten up, life's too short to be that angry.

hp_fa said:
BINGO.

The benefits of my labors should not go to some unknown person at U who has been paid more then me for years, nor should they get hired and reduce my relative position in seniority. That said, I do not seek to improve my position at their expense. As long as I hold onto my relative position in seniority and income, I will be satisfied.
[post="263698"][/post]​

hp_fa, I think everybody can agree on that. Nobody wants to gain at the expense of others. I think it's unfair to think that's what's going to happen. Again, I really don't think this merger is going to happen. But, you never know.

hp_fa said:
BINGO.

[post="263698"][/post]​
AWA employees listening to all these UAL employees complain about U is like your new girlfriend listening to your exwife and expecting her to say great things about you. Yes we thought we might have a relationship with UAL but it didn't work out end of story. Alot of bad things have happend since then and I think we are all open to some new ideas. Maybe this merger will happen maybe not but U and AWA are going to merge with someone sooner or later. At least we are the same unions and we have some rules to go by. Say U and AWA don't merge and AA or Northwest takes a look at AWA. Now your talking nasty seniority issues. This is between U and AWA why don't all you Ual employees concentrate on what you are going to do to save your own a--. AWA knows how to run an airline and U seems to have a knack for survival so it sounds like we might work well together. One thing is for certain WE are not going to decide if this happens or not so lets just sit back and see what happens.

hp_fa said:
BINGO.

[post="263698"][/post]​
That is the way the nAAtives feel. Except the TWAers made a lot less than us.

US/Boston.... I couldn't have said it better myself. A friend of mine based in PHL as an f/a for United asked what "I" was gonna do when I lose my seniority over at HP..... I asked how much water he swallowed keeping his head above water where he works. Hey, were all in bad shape in the big picture. HP and US have alot of the same unions and integration would be MUCH easier than if it were another airline. It's gonna be somebody sometime so might as well be US. Again....your post was right on.

boeing787 said:
Back in the day let's say May 2000 a group known as UAL and USAIR were in merger talks. Being that over half of the UAL seniority list (ie more than the total pilot group by far at USAIR) was less senior than USAIR pilots most of the UAL pilots were very upset at how this debacle would take place.

Now to show you what type of individuals you are going to deal with if you merge
with USAIR. Not only were my usair "friends" calling me and telling me they were going to take all of our 777 and 747 seats due to their "seiniorty rights" but my crew and I almost got into a fight from our 737-200 with a fokker 100 crew in GSO because of this very issue. Some USAIR pilot opened his mouth and all hell broke loose from that point on. They are like vampires and will suck all your money.
Look waht they did to PSA (old PSA) Piedmont (old PIedmont) and Mohawk. These guys will take you for everything.
Lesson to be learned. They eat their young...they look out for number one...and they are a loser airline. Be careful and pray the merger doesn't go thru.

Good luck AWA 'ers!

B787
[post="263251"][/post]​

That is the biggest crock I have ever read. It was the fine professionals from UAL that denied jumpseats to U pilots. It was the fine professionals from UAL that flaunted their career expecatations. By the way how are those career expectation these days????? It was also the professionals from UAL that had members of their own pilot group make threats on the ALPA message board. I would never wish anyone to lose their job but you folks at UAL are reaping what you sowed.

B6...your name says it all. No union...5 year contract...and the wonderful 8hr "experiment". What a class act. You just don't get it. Have you started paying for those planes yet?

AAFSC: That is the way the nAAtives feel. Except the TWAers made a lot less than us.

Really? Thats funny, cause it seems the nAAtives really went for grabbing ALL the seniority that they could, across the board. FYI, Relative Seniority would have been a dream compared to what happened.

Lets see, if before the deal you were at 21% seniority, and after you are at 21% seniority of a combined airline, ... how could that not be fair? But no, AA'ers took huge windfalls by STAPLING the F/A's, sticking a 4/01 seniority date to most rampers, and placing our most senior 767 Captain (1965 hire) in the mid 1986 range. Then the last 1200 of us got stapled, and then furloughed. ALL of the TWA Flight Attendants, some hired as far back 1963 are on FURLOUGH, while your F/A's hired as far back as 2001 fly thier airplanes, operate thier flights, and fly out of thier bases. This is fair?

IF this HP/U merger does occur, lets just hope and pray that cooler heads prevail so that we can all work together to make it succeed. There are ways to craft a seniority integration without decimating one work force. Who wants to work the next 20 or 30 years with disgruntled people? We do not need the AMR culture around here, nor the disaster they created in the workforces with the cram-job to the TWA'ers.

boeing787 said:
B6...your name says it all. No union...5 year contract...and the wonderful 8hr "experiment". What a class act. You just don't get it. Have you started paying for those planes yet?
[post="263922"][/post]​

I paid my 1.95% for ten years so spare me your holyier than thou bunk. Looks like that great UAL contract has served you well: wage cuts, poor workrules, and no pension. Don't worry though if you get furloughed you'll keep getting that great ALPA magazine.

When you learn how to read you can open up an earnings report and you would see that in fact we do and have paid for our airplanes since day one. In fact we own almost half of them.

Have you got your latest update for that UAL career expectaions program? Lookin' grim ain't it!?

Hey AWA employees:

Let just say for the sake of arguing this merger does happen. What a great opportunity for you guys. Regardless of the current enviroment, USAir has some great destinations and this will be your chance to work some great trips to Europe. Paris Madrid Rome Frankfurt Dublin London Venice Barcelona, just to name a few. Hoping for the best for everyone concerned.

skd said:
Hey AWA employees:

Let just say for the sake of arguing this merger does happen. What a great opportunity for you guys. Regardless of the current enviroment, USAir has some great destinations and this will be your chance to work some great trips to Europe. Paris Madrid Rome Frankfurt Dublin London Venice Barcelona, just to name a few. Hoping for the best for everyone concerned.
[post="263951"][/post]​

So your assuming that the laid off ones will have the cash flow and continued flight benefits to get to these wonderful destinations?? :( The only good that will come out of this marriage is the possibility of putting usaiways management on the street from lower to upper where they should have been many many years ago! :shock:

Attachments

• jobless.jpg
    jobless.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 123
boeing787 said:
[post="263922"][/post]​

Folks, boeing787 is showing the true colors of a vast majority of UAL's pilots. Go ahead, keep on digging that hole there bud. You're doing a great job acting like a donkey's behind.

skd said:
Hey AWA employees:

[post="263951"][/post]​

Sadly, you have to be based in PHL to work most of those destinations. Trust me, you don't want to live near PHL. Commuting is a real pain. Also, non-reving to Europe is a crap shoot; you need to buy lots of upgrades. Better yet, just go online and buy an Internet rate. Heck, maybe you'll get real lucky because the programmers may have put some of those $1.89 O/W to London or something. :blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts