What did Tulsa do to piss off Fed Ex?

MCI transplant

Veteran
Jun 4, 2003
<_< I hear the first 757 freighter conversation will be owned by Fed Ex. The "STC" is owned by ALCOA. It seems the only way Fed Ex would agree to let aa do the conversion is if it was done here at MCI, and MCI only! My question is, what happened to piss them off so bad? ;)

<_< I hear the first 757 freighter conversation will be owned by Fed Ex. The "STC" is owned by ALCOA. It seems the only way Fed Ex would agree to let aa do the conversion is if it was done here at MCI, and MCI only! My question is, what happened to piss them off so bad? ;)

Ever been lied to?

There is a reason!

Ever been lied to?

There is a reason!
<_< You got to be kidding! "Have I ever been lied to"? Who do you think your talking to? ;) I know there's a story behind that! "Lied to"? ----- Oh! It looks like Tulsa will be doing a seat mod on the MD80's. Taking out two galleys, adding four seats. But this is probably old news!

I don't know where you heard this or if it is even true but FedEx contract maintenance is a pain in the ass.I worked for a year on Fed Ex B-727 Heavy Check line in Tulsa [1995].They are way too demanding and their on-site representative has way too much control over OUR maintenance operation.
When you take your automobile to a repair shop you tell them what you want and they fix the problem.THEY DO NOT LET YOU TELL THEM HOW TO RUN THEIR SHOP.
Some of this can be because AA management allowed them this much control.
AA at the time had the most fleet hours on B-727 aircraft and no one else had any more experience maintaining B-727 aircraft than AA.Even the FAA brought their B-727 to Tulsa for a major wing casting replacement.
We do not need FedEx telling us HOW to do a "C" check.

<_< Thanks for the heads up! I'm sure we'll deal with it! Although this being the first aircraft I'm sure it'll get "interesting"! I hear one of the reasons ALCOA likes MCI is because they want to do all their conversations in one place. Possibly up to four, or more, at a time!Apparently not too many places in U.S., with space and people talented enough to do that! We have both!