WHAT HAS OUR MEC PRESIDENT DONE TO US NOW

I know enough "SWEETY" to know that the FAR was bring broken by others besides US. I don't feel sorry for myself for I choose to be here and the last VFLR was undersubscribed. DO YOU? I manage to do juuuuust fine. I voted and will vote again. It's just about all you CAN do. I will be curious to see the comming "CHANGES" that we reserves are in store for. I'm sure they will be just wonderful. :up: :rolleyes:
That's right. All you can do is vote, sit back, and talk about how RSV's will suffer again. :rolleyes:

Can't we just do it the old fashioned way and find a hot reserve to sleep with someone on the negotiating committee for the company to get what we want? LOL. We need change and seem pretty confident that this time around the vote will be HIGH. Lots at stake.

Can't we just do it the old fashioned way and find a hot reserve to sleep with someone on the negotiating committee for the company to get what we want? LOL. We need change and seem pretty confident that this time around the vote will be HIGH. Lots at stake.
A hot reserve? Ok, fine, I'll do it. Stop begging. :lol:

Exactly! I think people have become comfortable with the fact that we (RSV's) are surviving by working our days OFF! That is ridiculous! We should have the opportunity to make at least a "liveable" wage during the 20 days a month we are available to the company. As usual, we will survive, but let's make sure we are ready to fight to make significant inprovements in the contract, improvements that are long overdue.

Aredeeyou22 we finally can agree on the fact that reserves should be able to make a liveable wage during the days on duty. Not have to sacrifice their valuable days off to make up the difference. Amen, let's make sure we ready to fight to make significant improvements in the contract. I know that I am ready.

:blink:
If I am reading correctly, this means that MF just wiped out the entire section 11 which pertains to the reserves. How did a simple FAR go from requiring a 24 & 7 rest requirement to single-handedly rewriting the contract.
And if I am reading this correctly the FAA,Company & Union said ok to the 24/7 EXCEPT when the company needs a reserve to work that 6th day and then just strictly d/h the reserve(at half pay, no credit)on that 7th day to begin the 24 hour rest. So is it 24hours in 7 days or is it 7 days and then a 24 hour rest? :blink:

Well if that is so then I say hang her!!!!! What in holy hell? I certainly hope you are not serious that some old ##### ####### goat in her ###### #### (Wait that wasn't very PC, sorry) dress and big blue bow actually went that far. It's time for some of these people to retire I mean way past the time.

Maybe you should pick up a hobby to relieve some obvious built up frustration. I know that I don't want to hang her I want to hug her. I know that I would be proud to wear a bow like hers.

What is really sad here is to see flight attendants pitted against each other over an FAR being enforced. We should be united not divided. This FAR should have been enforced long before now and the sad part is that the company has been violating this FAR at our expense. We have given up so much and then to find out that they have been violating this FAR knowingly is unexcusable. Don't care about the ETB board. Yes, I do fly extra from time to time, but the issue at hand is safety. Fatigue is a big issue and studies have proven that. Just hope that the union use's this to our advantage and not to our disadvantage.

Hey, I was a reserve for years and years. Time to get some junior people in the Union and fight for us! How the heck old is CA anyway (sched committee), 90 by now I'm sure! Why isn't someone saying anything about being on call 24 hours a day???? Isn't this duty time?!?!?! It sure as heck is! Like the Pilot's, they are on call for only 14 hours, regardless of if they fly. This way reserves would be on call 14 hours daily, then have a duty break. How can the FAA overlook this? And as far as the oldies waiting to retire, how can they when the company cut the retirement so much? I don't blame anyone with 30+ years for working with the cuts.

This is a good point that deserves a second (third and fourth) look.

Very interesting. I wonder if that is ANOTHER FAR being broken. Could you imagine? This place would be upside down. :lol:

Retire ???

They ought to make her a V.P. and give her a GOLD BOW I think you have it all wrong. Seems to me, someone wasn't minding the store (like they should) because they were too busy raiding the cookie jar!

What?? I'm talking about some of these "old goat" blockholders that are hogging the ETB from the RSVs.

Maybe you should pick up a hobby to relieve some obvious built up frustration. I know that I don't want to hang her I want to hug her. I know that I would be proud to wear a bow like hers.
Wait a minute, I'm not talking about the FAR crap, I'm talking about a Blockholder complaining about the RSV use of the ETB. If she has a problem with it then retire, just because a trip is on the ETB does not mean it belongs to just a BH. Everyone has a right to fly the trips on the ETB not just some stingy blockholder.

Very interesting. I wonder if that is ANOTHER FAR being broken. Could you imagine? This place would be upside down. :lol:
FAR 125.37 Duty period limitations.

(a) Each flight crewmember and flight attendant must be relieved from all duty for at least 8 consecutive hours during any 24-hour period.

(B) The Administrator may specify rest, flight time, and duty time limitations in the operations specifications that are other than those specified in paragraph (a) of this section.

So unless something different is specified in the ops specs, looks like the "8 off in 24" rule applies, which is why reserve pilots have 8 hours free of being on call every 24 - the FAA has clarified the rule and said that being on call (required to answer the phone) is not "free of duty".

Jim

Wow! Maybe we will finally see some real change to a system that just doesn't work. I've never been able to understand why it seems OK that it takes a reserve more than 20-23 days (if you figure on call time and one 2day ETB trip to equal a little over 80hrs.) to get paid the same as a blockholder who has works approximately 16-17 days.

One thing I do question is the eline we received Sep. 25. In the eline it says "The 24-hour period can be from check-out to check-in either in domicile or on a RON". For some reason I thought that the 24-hour rest had to happen in domicile. Does anyone know for sure?