What If ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If given a choice between the IAM, TWU and IBT, I’d choose the IAM 1st, TWU 2nd and decertify before the IBT :down: .

AMFA is a great union but the M&R are too stupid to take advantage of it and need to be led rather than lead. :shock:

Here is some good info on the IBT run at UAL:

AMFA vs. IBT

Life Under the IBT

Latest from System

Good luck to you all! :up:

Take Care,
B) UT

I've skipped thru the posts - responding to the title, my answer is:

You'll keep getting screwed. Wipe the Slate clean (y'all can use that for a bumper sticker slogan if you like ;<) )

Bottom line: It took union leaders and members willing to get beat up, go to jail and die to get us where we are.

So long as union leaders are not even willing to strike, and continue to play by corporate rules, there will be no justice for workers.

I am not advocating violence. There are plenty of legitimate means, and I have spoken to them many times in the past, to make a point.

We should have struck US during the BK years to stop the virus from spreading to the industry. Neither the membership nor the leadership had the stomach for it (the membership was all trying to throw everybody else under the bus; the leadership was M.I.A. protecting their sinecures).

I've seen nothing that indicates folks are willing to step up.

The membership could work to the rule, and they could cancel automatic dues witholding. All perfectly legal, all perfectly practical, all perfectly effective.

Restrict your actions to posting on this board and keep going downhill. A year from now, look in the mirror when you want to blame somebody.

AMFA is a great union but the M&R are too stupid to take advantage of it and need to be led rather than lead. :shock:

Good luck to you all! :up:

Take Care,
B) UT

UAL Tech, I could not agree with you more. If you read the AMFA constitution it is clear this is a democratic and open union. The rub is it requires its members to get involved get informed and make there OWN choice. Most do not realize that THEY ARE THE UNION.

AMFA "took" it on the chin at NWA no doubt, but that is still better then "giving" it on there knees like the IAM does. :eek:

Good luck to us all indeed.

diogenes,
"I've seen nothing that indicates folks are willing to step up.

The membership could work to the rule, and they could cancel automatic dues witholding. All perfectly legal, all perfectly practical, all perfectly effective.

Restrict your actions to posting on this board and keep going downhill. A year from now, look in the mirror when you want to blame somebody.
"

Very good point. Your absolutely right . THE UNION IS ONLY AS STRONG AS ITS MEMBERS .

It's time to stop following and start LEADING

Just wundering? How's the new CLT grievence committee and the agc working out? Are there any hints of working together and also in Pit how's that going there. From what I've heard there are alot of hard feelings because the Randy "cheap suites" Canale boys didn't retain the offices.
Also any leaks on the upcoming t/a talks?

b737200 looks like the IAM boys are a little slow to give you a answer... as for CLT & PIT unk to me but I have heard if Doug Parker wants another MERGER he has to come to terms with his labor problems...Might be good, but what will the IAM sell to get a contract?????? Or will the company set back and stall just to see what the industry will do??? look at it from the companys view, They can stall till 2009 then start to negotiate a contract and drag it out two more years 2011 or more... Eather way if the company merges with another airline they still get a stall while they figure out which union we will be so its a win win for them... SUCKS TO BE US.....Just like the snap back pay the IAM said was there and the retirement???????????What if we got a new start now???? and 700 when did WN start to farm out MX ?????? B) Still waiting!!!!!!!

When you answer the questions I poised to you days ago then I will answer yours.

Still waiting.

When you answer the questions I poised to you days ago then I will answer yours.

Still waiting.
Read post #37, that was my answer! your turn.... :rolleyes: never mind I will play cut and paste for you..
700UW said:
(And when are you going to answer why the IBT/HP CBA was the lowest in the industry and why for three years could they not obtain a new one?

ANSWER #1. {why the IBT/HP CBA was the lowest in the industry }---It was the first contract hp had and as they were never union before and as you know a first contract is never that good. ANSWER#2. { why for three years could they not obtain a new one?}---HP KNOWS HOW TO STALL JUST LIKE THEY ARE DOING NOW. If you think this merger was done in just a few weeks you need help, They held the IBT M&R contract down to keep it in line with your (USAIR) pay scale and that was at that time was more than the IAM cba!!!!!! THE STALL is still on for the next merger. AND JUST FOR YOUR INFO. THE AMFA CONTRACT AT WN IS A IBT CONTRACT THAT AMFA IS ADMITERSTING JUST LIKE THE IAM IS DOING FOR THE IBT WEST CONTRACT NOW!!!! PS. I SEE A TREND TO IAM FARMING OUT HEAVY MX!!!!!! FACT IS FACT...........
3. And once again let me drill this into your head (MIGHT NEED A COBALT BIT) :lol: C-CHECK AT HP WAS ALREADY FARMED OUT BEFORE THE TEAMSTERS WERE ON THE PROPERTY BEFORE HP WAS UNION. THE IBT DIDN'T LET THE COMPANY FARM C-CHECK OUT. THE IBT BROUGHT WORK BACK INHOUSE THAT THE COMPANY HAD FARMED OUT BEFORE IBT WAS OUR UNION. 4. I know it is hard for you to come to terms with the WN AMT's KICKING IAM OFF THE PROPERTY AND REPLACING THEM WITH THE TEAMSTERS and GETTING A TOP PAY CONTRACT AND THEN THE AMTS DID THE SAME TO THE IBT BECAUSE THE MEMBERS DIDN'T THINK THEY WERE DOING THERE JOB AND WENT AMFA.......THIS JUST SHOWES THAT THE MEMBERS ARE THE UNION NOT THE UNION ITSELF. MAYBE THE IAM NEEDS TO LEARN FROM WHAT HAPPENED AT WN BECAUSE HISTORY CAN REPEAT ITSELF....... :up: NOW YOUR TURN WHEN DID WN START FARMING OUT MX & C-CHECKS....? :rolleyes:

Just for your information AMFA and WN negotaited an extension, which included raises and othe renhancements, I all ready told you this, if you done believe me go check on it.

Just for your information AMFA and WN negotaited an extension, which included raises and othe renhancements, I all ready told you this, if you done believe me go check on it.
You are right WN did get a raise and some small changes to the contract including a extension to the contract BUT the basic contract was a IBT Language Contract.. NOW YOUR TURN WHEN DID WN START FARMING OUT MX & C-CHECKS....? :rolleyes:

Dont know the answer, I dont work at WN, since you work next to them why dont you ask them for me?

Lets try this again.

The IAM, ALPA, PFAA, TWU all were not on strike and did not have to honor the amfa picket line.

The NWA/ESE IAM CBA contained the language that ramp could do ancillary duties where amfa was not staffed.

AMFA struck, NW imposed a new CBA which deleted ancillary duties from M&R.

And your beloved IBT, read this:

IBT represented Champion Air flies flights for NW when AMFA strike begins, so they the IBT Flew over the AMFA Picket line and did struck work.

And this:

Gee, looks like the ibt is up to no good to me!

From what I remember of the AMFA strike....looking the other way on their picket lines was through Roach and Buffenbarger's hatred of Dellafamine and his organization from a couple past runs on the IAM.

ok UW, if it as easy as you think it is to negotiaite with this company, ala "why did'nt the IBT get the heavies back in their CBA?" I suppose the IAM can go into the t/a agreement, or wait until 2009 and tell the comp bring back heavies or else!!!! the roar of laughter out of tempe will stifle the world

Status
Not open for further replies.