What If ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its the company that will wait until 2009....not IAM.

Its quite advantageous for them moneywise to make you wait until 2012 most likely and NO retro.

(Quiet laughter abounds in Tempe)

Its the company that will wait until 2009....not IAM.

Its quite advantageous for them moneywise to make you wait until 2012 most likely and NO retro.

(Quiet laughter abounds in Tempe)

i was justing wanting him/her/other to say, as before the ineffectual IBT at bringging the heavies back, the IAM should be able to without any hassle....right???? therefore the IAM is just as ineffectual as the IBT et al. all unions today

The IAM is not in negotiations with the company yet. And US/East still has far superior scope language than the west.

The IAM offering to give away benefits and pay at every turn is not a negotiation - you are right.

The IAM is not in negotiations with the company yet. And US/East still has far superior scope language than the west.
thanks for reminding us, again. the IAM has lost scope while on premises, IBT lost nothing.
is Scope the only thing that matters for the east.. they have lost pay, holidays, sick time etc....
there is more to worry about than just scope ( not to mention all of the back shops that the IAM lost for the east)

Dont forget it took two bankruptcies, three rounds of concessions and a CBA abrogation in order for that to be accomplished.

There was never an agreement in the last bankrutpcty and the membership ratified the final offer which gave up the work.

Don't let the facts get in your way!

Dont forget it took two bankruptcies, three rounds of concessions and a CBA abrogation in order for that to be accomplished.

There was never an agreement in the last bankrutpcty and the membership ratified the final offer which gave up the work.

Don't let the facts get in your way!

So you guys WON THE BATTLE but LOST THE WAR due to there never being an AGREEMENT!

UW, i am just trying to get others to see your point, you have belittled the IBT for not getting heavies back in house at HP, even though they were gone before a union was on property. out of there control. there were negs to get the scope changed, but dealing with franke was not going to let it happen. you state that it took the bk's and abrogation to lose the heavies that the east did, again out of the control of the union. I guess this is a toss up, both were out of the control of the union. If it is as easy as you make it sound , then the IAM should be able to demand and get all heavies back... that is my point, and of course that will never happen

Good point AW.

Similar yet different situations, but I do agree once something is lost it hard to get back.

The bad part about the East people voted yes on the piece of crap to get their severance knowing it was gonna layoff 46% of the M&R employees.

The members should have voted it down, but the memberships dont care anymore, there is no solidarity.

The worst part is no union on the property is negotiating from a position of strength.

AW You are going to need a sharp drill bit to get it in his thick head ... :lol: I hear LCC is in MERGER talks with the 99 cent store and are stalling to keep the 99 cent store wages in line with US..... :lol: :lol: :shock: :mf_boff:

Guess you cant comprehend East has had three raises now, the wages are even, if not higher.

You said it 700uw(The EAST as the WEST IS JUST STALLED NOW.)The members should have voted it down, but the memberships dont care anymore, there is no solidarity.
The worst part is no union on the property is negotiating from a position of strength.) (What if we had Voted in the IBT) With the IBT contract we had a chance, WE WERE IN NEGOTIATIONS UNDER THE IBT CONTRACT but now we are stuck with this rag IAM contract, EVEN IF WE VOTE THEM OUT!!!! THE EAST SEEN TO THAT.................You got to laugh you get a 2% raise and the cost of living went up 3% or more each year, :eek: Looks like PHX math to me!!! :lol: l. And by the way WN has always farmed out MX and your beloved IAM could not stop it when they were WN's UNION.. I know it would of hurt you to tell the truth that the IAM just as the IBT could not stop it......... :lol: :lol: :mf_boff: The IAM has taught you well, just more half truths. You can look at it this way we will more than likley have till 2012 to hash this out so you will have more time to get newer news that 1948, That is a fact. ps keep working on that IAM job you may get it one day. :lol: Comprehend this..

Do you not understand the East CBA would have been the surviving CBA no matter what union represents the M&R, so if you voted in the IBT the IBT would have administered the East CBA as the East had the larger workforce and the East CBA would have survived not the West.

This has been explained many times, do you not read?

And the East Scope language is still superior than the west, you would have been taking a step backwards.

Lets see the East has been getting raises for three years, how long has it been since the west saw a COLA raise and not a step raise?

Do you not understand the East CBA would have been the surviving CBA no matter what union represents the M&R, so if you voted in the IBT the IBT would have administered the East CBA as the East had the larger workforce and the East CBA would have survived not the West.

This has been explained many times, do you not read?

And the East Scope language is still superior than the west, you would have been taking a step backwards.

Lets see the East has been getting raises for three years, how long has it been since the west saw a COLA raise and not a step raise?
I KNOW THIS HARD FOR YOU ....BUT AT THE MERGER IF THE VOTE WENT TO THE IBT YOUR IAM RAG WOULD HAVE BEEN ON A STALL TILL A COMTRACT WAS REACHED. ( ITS THE MEMBERS VOTE NOT THE SIZE OF THE UNION.. ) YOU NEED TO UNDERSTAND USAIR DID NOT BUY AMERICAWEST!!!!!! IT WAS A MERGER OR AS THE COMPANY HAS PROVEN, THATS WHY THE IAM C.O.C. FAILED(YOU KNOW THAT SNAP-BACK PAY THE IAM WAS SO POSITIVELY VOICED ABOUT AT THE START OF THE MERGER TO SWAY PEOPLE FROM VOTING FOR THE TEAMSTERS!!!! THIS IS WHY I DON'T WANT A REALTED (LAV DUMPER / PARTS RUNNER) :p VOTING FOR WHAT IS BEST FOR A LICENSED AIRFRAME AND POWERPLANT MECHANIC. AMFA LOOKING REAL GOOD RIGHT NOW.... :up: AND AS LONG AS MY AMT BROTHERS HAVE TO CARRY UN-LICENSED WORKER ON OUR BACKS THE AMT'S WILL ALWAYS BE UNDERPAID...IE. 2% A YEAR LOL!! 25.50 TOP USAIRWAYS....NOW 700UW WHAT DOES WN(SOUTHWEST AIRLINES) AMT's TOP OUT AT WITH THAT OUT OF DATE IBT CONTRACT INFORCED BY AMFA WITH SOME SMALL CHANGES AND EXTENDED TIME IBT LANGUAGE CONTRACT?????????? OR ARE YOU JUST A HALF TRUTH IAM MOUTH WITH JUST THE IAM FACTS!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.