What is being imposed on the agents?

FA Mikey

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
miami
goldwatermiller08.com
I was wondering what the unrepresented agents are being stuck with? Unlike the represented people who can try to protect whats the most important to the work group. What ever it may be Work rules, health insurance, pay, ETC. AA will decide for the agents what suits the company not there quality of life.

Well, how about the loss of 2 of the reservation centers laying off over a 1,000 employees.

----------------
On 3/30/2003 3:35:48 PM bicaal wrote:

Well, how about the loss of 2 of the reservation centers laying off over a 1,000 employees.

----------------​

Hey thay wanted "employment at will" and they got it. Good news for the gate agents. Those at the centers have prevented the line agents from unionizing for years. Close all the centers then maybe those agents that are left and that have to deal with live cranky irrated people can finally get some representation.

----------------
On 3/30/2003 3:35:48 PM bicaal wrote:

----------------​
YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO GET ANY CREDIT FOR LAYOFFS! WE DIDN'T!

Nothing has actually been changed except for the office closings, layoffs and the voluntary programs to leave although through the infamous "interaction" we know we are going to get cuts in line with what the unions are getting. The surveys we did mentioned paycuts anywhere from 5 to 12 percent. No more pension plan only a 401k match, or a fixed retirement benefit, and like everyone else
a huge increase in health costs. Now that it appears bankruptcy is due any day now, it doesn''t matter anyway we will get whatever the court decides. I hope for the best but I am already making plans for a career change.

The agents will be (and have been) undergoing the consolidation of res centers and the implementation of more self service devices. In addition, it sounds like they''ll be taking a pay cut. Since they have been taking the pain for quite some time now, they have a lighter concession load.

To address RV4''s point, there is a big difference between layoffs due to capacity reductions and layoffs due to productivity initiatives. The agents don''t have a contract that limits productivity initiatives, so they got their concession ball rolling a lot sooner than everyone else.

Here is what the company is taking from non-union agents in
reservations, airports.

4.75 percent paycut across the board.
Loss of all shift-differential, complexity pay.
One week of vacation lost.
Sick days still paid 100 percent, however, maximum days earned is 5 per year.
"Self-Managed" attendance is 2 or less, which means you can call in sick once a year without being "non-self managed".
No change in retirment, no change in dental, no change
in retiree medical, no change in medical....yet, there was
a very strong hint saying AA reserves the right to pass on increased premium costs, I''m sure come the fall benefit enrollments we will get nailed with the higher premiums.
We also lost 5 holidays per year.
No further layoffs or office closures in reservations, I''m not sure about the ATO''s. One final thing we lost was holiday pay is no longer 2.5 times an hour, it''s 1.5 times
per hour.