What is it like to be in the TWU?

It sucks to be represented by the twu.You can plainly see by the proposals they have sacrificed the mechanics again to help the bag monkeys. As of 5:47 cdst we still cannot vote online for the concessionary package. SUP WIT DAT!!!!

----------------
On 4/10/2003 5:47:49 PM The Dissident wrote:

It sucks to be represented by the twu.You can plainly see by the proposals they have sacrificed the mechanics again to help the bag monkeys. As of 5:47 cdst we still cannot vote online for the concessionary package. SUP WIT DAT!!!!

----------------​
Dissident, Hi from one bag monkey to one grease monkey.
"SUP WIT DAT" is that a sign of intellegence?

----------------
On 4/10/2003 5:47:49 PM The Dissident wrote:

----------------​

Nope, no sign of intelligence or truth in the above post.

Now you have me confused RV4, are you afraid of keeping your job, or taking a paycut. its a unions job to protect jobs, right? Man they can''t get anything right.

I wonder where Baghdad Bob Owens is. He''s convinced the current pie is bigger than the one we''ll get to slice up in BK.

Whats going to happen there RV4?

Yeah the Union I work around does protect jobs alright.

Every slug producer is protected and everyone else has to carry their load. We have Union Officers caught having others clock them in-n-out while they fail to show for work, JOB PROTECTED, we have people sleeping instead of working, JOB PROTECTED, we have thieves stealing our tools, JOB PROTECTED.

Rephrase your question AAviator I am afraid I don''t understand.

AAviator,
Above you stated that the purpose of a Union was to protect jobs; unfortunately, too many individuals believe what the TWU has been shoveling all these years. The purpose of Unions is to negotiate BETTER wages, benefits and working conditions for the members.

Why does seniority within labor Unions matter? Is it only for choosing your hours of work and days off? Seniority matters because layoffs are sometimes required to preserve the QUALITY of the job. It is only with the advent of Corporate Unions that the QUANTITY of jobs became the rationale for their existence. With it came the preoccupation with the number of jobs.

Corporate Unions adopted the "scales of economy" production philosophy by cheapening the value of individual labor and artificially increasing employment. At the lower wage rate the amount of dues per person fell but the total dues income to the Union increased through the increase in volume.

Below are two references for Labor Unions and their goals.
------------------------------------------------------------------
source: Merriam-Webster Dictionary

": an organization of workers formed for the purpose of advancing its members'' interests in respect to wages, benefits, and working conditions"

http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary
source: Columbia Encyclopedia, Sixth Edition, 2003

"association of workers for the purpose of improving their economic status and working conditions through collective bargaining with employers."

http://www.encyclopedia.com/searchpool.asp...x=35&Search.y=8