What's With AWA F/A's writting people up?

...On a side note the only complaint I have about the West Flight Attendants is they look you up and down in PHL or PHX walking through the terminal and roll their eyes. I always smile and nod my head but they either ignore us or act disgusted.

I have to agree with this one. I was outside the airport at FLL waiting for the crew parking lot bus, when a west crew came out and boarded the hotel shuttle. I nodded hello and smiled, as I would to any airline crew, and they totally blew me off. This west crew gave me total attitude and wouldn’t even look at the other flight attendants or myself. I would expect this from some of the other airlines but this west crew totally disgusted me.

Whether we like it or not, we now work for the same airline. Management never asked me my opinion on a merger any more than they asked my coworkers.

This immature behavior of blaming the west or east for this merger is ridiculous. Remember the company loves “divide and conquer.â€￾ We should be pooling our efforts and keep a united front to the company and support our union with the ongoing negotiations.

Look at that FA on the CLT crew news getting all bent out of shape about announcements that were made on a AWA a/c, there's part of your 1%. :wacko:

i flew with that person to mad not long ago. actually i know her pretty well. she found out i was in the focus group and gave me an earfull about the west f/a's doing this and doing that. and that i needed to address that with sherri. i told her that was not my job . there are plenty of more important things we need to worry about than if west f/a keep mentioning america west on thier announcements. i could care less .just be nice to people that's all. the only thing that bothers me to this day east or west is that people still do not do monitor and challenge. or they do not know what to say for dep or arrival. that burns me. some are still saying for dep. " f/a's prepare for dep, crosscheck, standby for all call. they think that saying "standby for all call fixes it. it amazes me.

she found out i was in the focus group and gave me an earfull about the west f/a's doing this and doing that.
That person needs to take care of their own back yard before they start telling someone else how to do things.

Especially if that person commutes from the west. Don't bite the hand that feeds.

"Procedure" is such a miss-used term. "Procedure", except if it is a personal "pet peeve".

You said it "divide & conquer" & company is doing a good job of that.
A lot of employees are doing it as well when things like "the west is screwing things up", or "america west brought down this merger". Blame the management all you want, but America West was a good airline, unfortunatley the management has done a terrible job managing a bigger airline.

So are the employees. We will never have unity at this airline between the workgroups of our respective carriers. :(

My opinion is that the FA's may actually come together in decent shape, but other workgroups, especially the pilots, are a huge long-term issue.

It's not only on the West. On the East we have our bitter Betty's too. I checked into a hotel the other week and this one girl was just having a hissy. The poor girl at the desk was trying her best. Yes, we had a long day but the girl checking us in can only move so fast. I finally stopped and said " Do you ever stop and listen to yourself? Just stop and listen to what you just said. You sound like some looney passenger complaining about his bags not being loaded during a thunderstorm." Well, needless to say I was not popular with her anymore but enough was enough. Some things you complain about, others just SHUT UP. My rule is, will it matter in 5 years? Is this going to be something that I will regret not speaking up about?
On a side note the only complaint I have about the West Flight Attendants is they look you up and down in PHL or PHX walking through the terminal and roll their eyes. I always smile and nod my head but they either ignore us or act disgusted. Can't wait for integration day :huh: Be sure to wear your Stan Herman Star Fleet sweater set that day! The almanac says cold as ice.

You are so right about them walkin down the hall. They have this look on their faces like they are gods gift to the world. I apologize for the behavior of our FA's. I love East FA and I love east CSA!! :up: Professional and personable.

You should have seen the PIA and US integration. If they can do it anybody can do it.

But then did they really ever do it-people manage to get along if they want to get along.

Don't apologize on our behalf. We have nothing to be apologetic for over here. You should put your transfer in for the Philadelphia ramp if this is how you really feel. With your attitude you would fit right in. What happened? Did you get turned down for a Flight Attendant position?

On balance the West F/A's I've run into are polite & professional. One thing I did notice is that almost every one of them acted like they were being watched by someone. That troubles me greatly as it has the potential to create a VERY hostile workplace and is not good for the F/A or Customer.

Just for the record, some folks are just miserable to be around at work.This is not unique to aviation or Flight Attendents. Let's face it for the most part work sucks and unless you're lucky enough to find something you love doing, you can look forward to 45 to 50 years of a sucky job. Some don't handle that well and are hell bent on making you as miserable as they are. I've been truly blessed with a job and a lifestyle I really enjoy, a great lady, a cool place to live, a fun car to drive. For me life is good, but I also don't watch the news or hang out with nitwits who have nothing good to say. The only thing I really have to complain about is US Airways and since most of my points fall on deaf ears I'm beginning to question the effort.
Thank You Piney!!!
We have some great people out here. And I have never ran into a mean East crew yet. You got to understand we have some fa's out here that are always worried for there jobs. Paranoid about everything! Very scared of Inflight, being written up, or being available to the company. Hopefully, our fa's will lighten up and take a stand against our Witchunt inflight sups. Another big problem, is we have fa's that really love to write irregularity reports about everything and anything. Drawing more attention to themselves and the working crew. I don't write up sh!t, unless it is an emergency. :rolleyes: :up:

No need to apologize about our behavior. Just go back to the ramp where you belong, and worry about getting those bags loaded. <_< I am jetting off to Omaha, and I don't have time for your attitude! :lol:

Once a rat always a rat. There is no "love" lost on the east for west flight crews. They definately all have a screw loose.

A lot of employees are doing it as well when things like "the west is screwing things up", or "america west brought down this merger". Blame the management all you want, but America West was a good airline, unfortunatley the management has done a terrible job managing a bigger airline.
You do realize that the HP agents were among worst pay in the industry and “employed at willâ€￾ was being exercise daily

Back