The Letters have arrived...

Thanks everyone! The Recall Letter(s) came yesterday - US Mail & Certified US Mail.

So I guess the final answer is...some get 2 letters (via Certified AND regular mail) and some receive ONLY 1 via regular mail. I wonder what the determining factor is?

So I guess the final answer is...some get 2 letters (via Certified AND regular mail) and some receive ONLY 1 via regular mail. I wonder what the determining factor is?

I stand to correct myself...I received my first letter last week (Tuesday). 1 week later (yesterday) the Certified letter shows up...seems odd I would receive the Certified letter a week after the other one which was sent standard first class mail. Not that any of this really matters...

Well, the recall bid deadline is the 24th of April.

I found a couple of tidbits on the AFA archive.
In the settlement agreement for the "terminated" probationary f/a's, in which those 500 something f/a's were restored to "furloughed" status, part of the settlement was that those f/a's waived any moving expenses if they were recalled to a different base than the one they were furloughed from.
This could explain the word "may" pay for moving expenses.

Interesting.
Wonder how far down the list they had to go...

flyguy121,
Understand your sentiments about returning. Another scary line in the recall letter which needs consideration is: "This recall covers 90 flight attendants and is for an indefinite period of time."
What does that mean? Is this a temporary recall? Anyone know?
All of the recall letters have always said for an indefinite (which means no time limit or meaning they are not planning on another furlough).

Latest posts