The Letters have arrived...

They send it both ways.

That's not correct. The last time I received a certified letter was in May 2005 for a bid to MidAtlantic. Letters were not certified last year when a recall was offered to America West, or for the June 2006 bid for possible recall to US Airways (East)or for the latest "possible recall" for June 2007. Guess we don't even rate high enough to receive certified notification anymore. Considering it's US though...is anyone really surprised?

That's not correct. The last time I received a certified letter was in May 2005 for a bid to MidAtlantic. Letters were not certified last year when a recall was offered to America West, or for the June 2006 bid for possible recall to US Airways (East)or for the latest "possible recall" for June 2007. Guess we don't even rate high enough to receive certified notification anymore. Considering it's US though...is anyone really surprised?
Are you sure you really want to come back?

As usual they found a loophole in the contract. :down: I am willing to bet they only sent out the top 90 as CERT US MAIL. The rest regular mail and their cheap buns are covered.

As usual they found a loophole in the contract. :down: I am willing to bet they only sent out the top 90 as CERT US MAIL. The rest regular mail and their cheap buns are covered.
I would think that they would send them "Postage Due" so it would be Cost Effective for them! :down:

Are you sure you really want to come back?

Honestly...I ask myself that question all the time and my answer is, I'm not sure that I do. However, I do know that after nearly 6 years of furlough having tried my hand in many new endeavors...I have found none satisfying or fulfilling and always come back to wanting a return to the airlines...even despite all that I know about the decline in the industry.

At the beginning of the year, I very enthusiastically started yet another job in another new field that I really thought was going to turn into my long-awaited career with promise. The benefits are great: 20 days vacation/sick, 401K, Union Membership and starting pay at least twice (if not more) than what I would return to as a f/a. The company also offers growth potential...if you can last long enough (18 months) in the department in which you start.

Four months into the position...and I already hate it. This (along with other experiences during the course of the past 6 years) show me that better pay is not the only answer if you are unhappy and feel that the quality of your life is suffering.

So again, to answer your question, I feel like I owe it to myself...after almost 6 years (and probably longer since it's unlikely my seniority will be reached) to find out if what I've always wanted to do is really what I was meant to do. It may or may not be, but I feel like I owe it to myself to give it one more shot. If it's not, then I can finally make peace with it and leave it behind...for good.

Yes it is true..I was not in the top 200 last June and I received Certified and us mail recall letters. So did everyone I know. So, you should get it both ways..

Yes it is true..I was not in the top 200 last June and I received Certified and us mail recall letters. So did everyone I know. So, you should get it both ways..

Well apparently it's not true for all of us. As I said earlier, the last certified letter that I received was for a MidAtlantic recall back in 2005. Since then I have received 2 recalls for America West, a possible recall for US East for June of 2006 and now a possible recall for US East for June of 2007 and not one has been certified. I have spoken to many other recalls as well and their letters have not been certified either.

So once again, I stand by statement, it's not true for all of us.

Honestly...I ask myself that question all the time and my answer is, I'm not sure that I do. However, I do know that after nearly 6 years of furlough having tried my hand in many new endeavors...I have found none satisfying or fulfilling and always come back to wanting a return to the airlines...even despite all that I know about the decline in the industry.

At the beginning of the year, I very enthusiastically started yet another job in another new field that I really thought was going to turn into my long-awaited career with promise. The benefits are great: 20 days vacation/sick, 401K, Union Membership and starting pay at least twice (if not more) than what I would return to as a f/a. The company also offers growth potential...if you can last long enough (18 months) in the department in which you start.

Four months into the position...and I already hate it. This (along with other experiences during the course of the past 6 years) show me that better pay is not the only answer if you are unhappy and feel that the quality of your life is suffering.

So again, to answer your question, I feel like I owe it to myself...after almost 6 years (and probably longer since it's unlikely my seniority will be reached) to find out if what I've always wanted to do is really what I was meant to do. It may or may not be, but I feel like I owe it to myself to give it one more shot. If it's not, then I can finally make peace with it and leave it behind...for good.
well guess what. it will be great to have you back .

flyguy121,

So you did get something for the recall for june 1st? Do you know what number you are to get recalled? If you go on the AFA website, there is a link that will tell you exactly what number you are. Its not that bad. The pay sucks, but, I was payed the same at MAA for 2 years. I am finally getting somewhere here with pay. Finally got back to the pay I was furloughed at back in 2003. So, there is a light somewhere. I love this job, so I enjoy the trips and the flying. We are finally flying more last and this month. I actually got over 70 hours last month and on my way there again for April. This summer there wil be alot of flying. Hope you come back. :up:

flyguy121,

So you did get something for the recall for june 1st? Do you know what number you are to get recalled? If you go on the AFA website, there is a link that will tell you exactly what number you are. Its not that bad. The pay sucks, but, I was payed the same at MAA for 2 years. I am finally getting somewhere here with pay. Finally got back to the pay I was furloughed at back in 2003. So, there is a light somewhere. I love this job, so I enjoy the trips and the flying. We are finally flying more last and this month. I actually got over 70 hours last month and on my way there again for April. This summer there wil be alot of flying. Hope you come back. :up:

Thanks xo. I did receive a letter but I was just saying they stopped sending them via certified mail (at least to me and some others I know) as of 2 years ago. Glad to hear that you are flying more and making your time. I don't think I'll make it back this time around because I'm so far down the list and I'm only bidding for PHL...but who knows...maybe a miracle will happen and they'll rescind the PIT displacements or decide they need more later in the summer. Another friend of mine that flies for PSA and is also furloughed from Mainline was speaking to a CLT based f/a today who is flying trips out of LGA. He was saying they are so short everywhere...even in CLT. So who knows...maybe we will fly together in the not so distant future. Thanks and fly safe.

Thanks xo. I did receive a letter but I was just saying they stopped sending them via certified mail (at least to me and some others I know) as of 2 years ago. Glad to hear that you are flying more and making your time. I don't think I'll make it back this time around because I'm so far down the list and I'm only bidding for PHL...but who knows...maybe a miracle will happen and they'll rescind the PIT displacements or decide they need more later in the summer. Another friend of mine that flies for PSA and is also furloughed from Mainline was speaking to a CLT based f/a today who is flying trips out of LGA. He was saying they are so short everywhere...even in CLT. So who knows...maybe we will fly together in the not so distant future. Thanks and fly safe.

If you REALLY want to come back, don't wait. If you don't hold PHL initially,you WILL get in.

Remember the sooner you get back the sooner you will start to acrue some of your loss back.

Just my opinion

If you REALLY want to come back, don't wait. If you don't hold PHL initially,you WILL get in.

Remember the sooner you get back the sooner you will start to acrue some of your loss back.

Just my opinion

Twicebaked -

I appreciate the feedback. However, I can also recognize the limitation of what is possible and a move to one of the focus cities (BOS, LGA, DCA) is just not in the cards for me. Commuting is next to impossible even for those with Seniority. As much as I'd like to try my hand at a return to US, I absolutely will not move for this airline. For me, it's PHL or nothing.

Twicebaked -

I appreciate the feedback. However, I can also recognize the limitation of what is possible and a move to one of the focus cities (BOS, LGA, DCA) is just not in the cards for me. Commuting is next to impossible even for those with Seniority. As much as I'd like to try my hand at a return to US, I absolutely will not move for this airline. For me, it's PHL or nothing.

flyguy121,
Understand your sentiments about returning. Another scary line in the recall letter which needs consideration is: "This recall covers 90 flight attendants and is for an indefinite period of time."
What does that mean? Is this a temporary recall? Anyone know?

Mine were sent both ways for MidAtlantic and for my recall to US. For this recall, my friends have received them both ways.

I don't recall the AW letter as I wasn't interested in it anyway.

Latest posts