The Letters have arrived...

I doubt that many want to come back, but there are some 2001 hires that did MAA or PHX that may want to come back. So there are some out there that have not had the opportunity to come back.

If and when they do hire, I think it will be be slim pickens... worst quality of life, worst starting pay, low morale, shoddy reputation, and career reserve. Even the uninformed with stars in thier eyes would probably avoid US because it has the least "glamor factor" of all the majors- very little international or exotic routes and bases only locals would want or are too expensive to move to. You could work for any of the majors and move up quicker. You could work for some of the commuters and start at higher pay with beter travel bennies and have a line with a regular life. Same with the real LCCs plus I'd imagine a more vibrant, positive atmosphere to work in.

As for the recalls, I can't wait for them to come back! First drinks on me as well, and maybe the second and third and tenth. :)

I have a few questions that maybe someone knows the answer to...
1. Letter says that moving expenses MAY be paid if accepting recall to a base other than the base furloughed from. The word MAY concerns me for obvious reasons.
Anyone that accepted last years recall have a response?
2. If I passed on Midatlantic would that have been considered a mainline pass, thus losing the MAYBE moving expenses? Again loose wording that concerns me.
3. If I pass this time will they continue down the seniority list and move back up OR will they start at the top and move back down? If I pass this time do I lose the option to come back THIS ROUND completely and possibly have to wait another year before having the option again?
4. Has anyone out there that passed last years recall NOT received a letter yet? Has anyone's name been removed from the seniority list last year for "not responding"?

I have a few questions that maybe someone knows the answer to...
1. Letter says that moving expenses MAY be paid if accepting recall to a base other than the base furloughed from. The word MAY concerns me for obvious reasons.
Anyone that accepted last years recall have a response?
2. If I passed on Midatlantic would that have been considered a mainline pass, thus losing the MAYBE moving expenses? Again loose wording that concerns me.
3. If I pass this time will they continue down the seniority list and move back up OR will they start at the top and move back down? If I pass this time do I lose the option to come back THIS ROUND completely and possibly have to wait another year before having the option again?
4. Has anyone out there that passed last years recall NOT received a letter yet? Has anyone's name been removed from the seniority list last year for "not responding"?

The moving expense issue is very complicated and depends on many factors. MDA for the purposes of this recall has nothing to do with mainline.
If you pass they will keep going down the list until they get the # they need. If they hit the bottom of the INVOL list, at that point they will go up in inverse order and you either come back or resign your spot for good. People were indeed removed from the list the last time around. But, you were only removed if you could have held a recall and failed to respond or your letter was returned. The contract is very clear that should you fail to respond or not keep an updated address you will loose your senority #. The company bent the rules a little the last time by only removing the people who could have held the recall but technically could have removed anyone who failed to respond regaurdless.
With the West now in charge expect them to shake the tree a little harder to knock off the dead leafs so to speak. I doubt the same leeway will be afforded this time if you fail to keep a good address or respond.

Thank you for the very helpful answers. I'll consider my options carefully and put myself in major decision making mode.

Don't do anything rash...I have a feeling (more than a feeling) that the company may move to offer VPLOAs for an extended period in PIT. I think it would be wiser for the company to allow attrition to occur since the overage is about 40-50. The normal attrition can account for those numbers in PIT in about 1 year if the company can be patient. If they open up for VPLOAs for longer than 30 days..somewhere around 6 months (different than a furlough) then there will be less of a chance of bumping around the system which displacements can create.

No one should move to resign, and remember, the company has rescinded displacement letters in the past B)

Don't do anything rash...I have a feeling (more than a feeling) that the company may move to offer VPLOAs for an extended period in PIT. I think it would be wiser for the company to allow attrition to occur since the overage is about 40-50. The normal attrition can account for those numbers in PIT in about 1 year if the company can be patient. If they open up for VPLOAs for longer than 30 days..somewhere around 6 months (different than a furlough) then there will be less of a chance of bumping around the system which displacements can create.

No one should move to resign, and remember, the company has rescinded displacement letters in the past B)

PITbull, you wouldn't happen to have an alter-ego on this board by the name lgwcalling, would you? lgwcalling posted a similar sentiment on 4/5 (see below). If not, I like the way you both think! :lol: :up:

lgwcalling Apr 5 2007, 08:16 AM Post #92

Group: Registered Member
Member No.: 10,115

This is good news! The CLT F/As made their case on 3/22 and they were heard loud and clear. Even though it appears that PIT is overstaffed, I can't help to think that PIT was not afforded an alternative to displacements (VPLOA) for fear of Tempe looking completely emasculated. That said, chalk one up for the F/As and US Airways' labor.

Other good news: Mr. Kirby kept his word. Tempe has begun to show that they can listen. Labor can accomplish what it needs to when we rally around each other and speak with one voice - additionally, we need to support and encourage our union leaders as we move further. We are gaining some recalled F/As to our ranks!

I must say I was a bit surprised to come home from work and see a recall letter already here so soon after the announcement to recall last week. No e-line, no additional information, it just shows up with barely a word from anyone. How unceremonious, not that I was expecting trumpets sounding and banners waving of course. I just thought the #'s would have been leaked before the letters arrived.

Anyway...here are the #'s if anyone else is interested:

25 f/a's to BOS
20 f/a's to DCA
25 f/a's to LGA
20 f/a's to PHL

I don't think there will be any trouble staffing PHL, but I wonder if there are 70 people on the recall list that would actually accept recall to BOS, DCA or LGA?

I still have not received a Recall Letter. Is anyone else in the same boat? I'd like to know before I email PK.

QUOTE(MAAMARCH04 @ Apr 14 2007, 01:31 AM)

I still have not received a Recall Letter. Is anyone else in the same boat? I'd like to know before I email PK.

It wouldn't hurt to call because last year I saw that I was on the recall list but I never received my letter or packet of forms. It got lost in the mail and they had to send me a new packet. Maybe yours got lost in the mail too.

It wouldn't hurt to call because last year I saw that I was on the recall list but I never received my letter or packet of forms. It got lost in the mail and they had to send me a new packet. Maybe yours got lost in the mail too.

I haven't received my letter either and I have always responded in the past and no address change for me. Maybe mine got lost as well. Hmmph.

I haven't received my letter either and I have always responded in the past and no address change for me. Maybe mine got lost as well. Hmmph.
contractually aren't they required to send recall notices via certified mail?
or, did we give that "perk" up, too??
good luck to all of you who will be returning!!

Latest posts