What's With AWA F/A's writting people up?

i flew with that person to mad not long ago. actually i know her pretty well. she found out i was in the focus group and gave me an earfull about the west f/a's doing this and doing that. and that i needed to address that with sherri. i told her that was not my job . there are plenty of more important things we need to worry about than if west f/a keep mentioning america west on thier announcements. i could care less .just be nice to people that's all. the only thing that bothers me to this day east or west is that people still do not do monitor and challenge. or they do not know what to say for dep or arrival. that burns me. some are still saying for dep. " f/a's prepare for dep, crosscheck, standby for all call. they think that saying "standby for all call fixes it. it amazes me.

Bothers me alot when the west f/a's i work with don't do they announcements the way there supposed to be done, they all do the proper announcements boarding through decent, but then the few still do they old Arrival annoucement before I was even around the west side about smoking and most importantly, blah blah .... It's really rare now days that people do awa on the pa but I must say nothing should be mentioned on the pa about awa anymore because awa is gone now, all that remains is a couple former contracts between certain work groups that were put into place in awa days, but those days are all gone now and we need to move forward mentioning awa and all that to customers about certain things is confusing and innappropriate if you ask me.

Bothers me alot when the west f/a's i work with don't do they announcements the way there supposed to be done, they all do the proper announcements boarding through decent, but then the few still do they old Arrival annoucement before I was even around the west side about smoking and most importantly, blah blah .... It's really rare now days that people do awa on the pa but I must say nothing should be mentioned on the pa about awa anymore because awa is gone now, all that remains is a couple former contracts between certain work groups that were put into place in awa days, but those days are all gone now and we need to move forward mentioning awa and all that to customers about certain things is confusing and innappropriate if you ask me.

\You are partially right!!! Specifically, 2 times a month you get a pay check which still shows: AMERICA WEST AIRLINE..... since you are cashing these checks, may be you should hold of the stating "no more AWA"

\You are partially right!!! Specifically, 2 times a month you get a pay check which still shows: AMERICA WEST AIRLINE..... since you are cashing these checks, may be you should hold of the stating "no more AWA"

And the airplane has big sticker next to the door that says "Operated by America West Airlines"

[quote name='PO'ed PHX Ramper' date='Oct 14 2007, 09:50 PM' post='534647']
You are so right about them walkin down the hall. They have this look on their faces like they are gods gift to the world. I apologize for the behavior of our FA's. I love East FA and I love east CSA!! :up: Professional and personable.
[/quote

Why don't you move? Nobody forces you to work in PHX. I take responsability for my own behavior, thus I do not need you to speak for me!!!!!. Obviously, you seem to have a big "boulder " on your shoulder, that is why you diverting all the attention from "rampers". PHL and CLT might be able to use your "open hostility", as somebody said before me: you will fit in PHL well.Good Luck in your promotion ti BIGGER and Better HUB.

It starts with respect and it always starts at the TOP. The ALPA thing will be going on for a verrrry long time with lawsuits galore. the CWA/AFA thing I think will be settled alot easier. Im in customer service with US and going on 31 years now CWA has already decided for us where we are going until 2012 when our contract is up. What the folks with AWA when it comes to the flight attendants/fleet and customer service is that they are the biggest winners in all this because without the merger with US they would still be treated like this is A JOB and NOT a Career.. well guess what there alot MORE of EAST folks who started when this was a career with many years of exprerience and when it comes down to what happens to this company in terms of what labor does will go to the majority and that will be the EAST sorry there is alot more of US then U. but while the company pits US aganist each other no one will win. When the PI/US merger came about of course not alot of people were happy but we survived and became an Airline of Choice... ranking nbr ONE in year 2000 as the best run airline and best in value even over WN. US has won best inflight magazine when it was named ATTACHE and won many awards for its International Envoy Class that was under Wolf/Gangwal who came from UA with international background and airline experience and of course they had issues with employee unions but US employees came through and have during many troubled times. i just hope that the so called West dont feel inferior to the so called East.. hey we can learn from each other. the biggest winners are the so called West f/a s /fleet/csa folks without this merger you would still be managed through intimidation and not recieving the work conditions and pay hikes you will be getting through the merger this goes more with fleet/csa right now. without the merger the csa group of AWA would be looking at atleast 2 years before any contract would be in play and still looking at top pay of 13.95 that prior merger negotionations the EAST management kept throwing at us without anyone knowing during the whole time they were merging with AW. i hope i have not offended anyone out West but overall when it plays out we will all win. it has to. and its up to US. so when any so called WEST person comes up to me to check in i will give them 31 years of exprerience with total respect and believe im not alone. i guess we have to do this one at a time and maybe after working the numbers we will be on the same page.. it could be worse we all could have worked for Pan Am and TWA and see the legal rape those folks took from DL and AA....

Avion,

Some very wise words. We need to stop the finger pointing.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if all the organized work groups could get on the same page and quit buying into the divide and conquer tactics of the company we could be quite a force to be reckoned with. And yes, that goes for the pilots as well, but I know unity among those guys is a loooooong way off.

Don't apologize on our behalf. We have nothing to be apologetic for over here. You should put your transfer in for the Philadelphia ramp if this is how you really feel. With your attitude you would fit right in. What happened? Did you get turned down for a Flight Attendant position?

No I didn't. That's the LAST position I would apply for being a straight young male. I wouldn't want your male flight attendents looking down at me all the time with contempt.... Oh wait... Trust me, everybody in customer service thinks of you snobby FA's the same way when you come walking up with attitudes. Pre departure with you guys is like pulling teeth because you guys purposly try to complicate things. I'll wear a hidden camera and post it i'm so serious. It's not just me, it's every gate agent you treat like crap.

No need to apologize about our behavior. Just go back to the ramp where you belong, and worry about getting those bags loaded. <_< I am jetting off to Omaha, and I don't have time for your attitude! :lol:

Oh MY attitude?! That's the pot calling the kettle black!

Ya, you just worry about not spilling any cokes anywhere and making sure the seat belt buckles are straight. See that's exactly what i'm talking about. You all have this "I'm holier than thou" attitude." YOU'RE NOT. I remember my first non-rev experience to Vegas. I didn't know that the drink selections were in the book, and when I asked the FA what we had to drink she rolled her eyes at me and went "WHAT DO YOU WANT??!" Swear to god! VERY rude haha! As if your job is THAT hard. Ya, i'll focus on the bags until I get out of college, then you will worry about what I want for dinner. HA!

On a side note - Avion, you are so wrong about customer service being a career... SO wrong. No 401k match, low wages, weak profit sharing, topping out at 20 dollars an hour in 20 years. Trust me, I did it for a year and a half, it's a gigantic waste of time. You don't make any decent money for 5 years. Thats just enough time to go to college and learn a skill, like being a flight attendant!

[quote name='PO'ed PHX Ramper' post='534942' date='Oct 16 2007, 12:04 AM']then you will worry about what I want for dinner. HA!![/quote]

Unfortunately, they won't because US rarely serves food on its flights. Welcome to the LCC version of FC at the price of a legacy carrier.

[quote name='PO'ed PHX Ramper' post='534942' date='Oct 15 2007, 09:04 PM']That's the LAST position I would apply for being a straight young male. I wouldn't want your male flight attendents looking down at me all the time with contempt I'll wear a hidden camera and post it i'm so serious. It's not just me, it's every gate agent you treat like crap.[/quote]

BWAAAA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! :lol:

Bring it on with the camera....I'm ready for my close up!

[quote name='PO'ed PHX Ramper' post='534942' date='Oct 15 2007, 09:04 PM']No I didn't. That's the LAST position I would apply for being a straight young male. I wouldn't want your male flight attendents looking down at me all the time with contempt.... Oh wait... Trust me, everybody in customer service thinks of you snobby FA's the same way when you come walking up with attitudes. Pre departure with you guys is like pulling teeth because you guys purposly try to complicate things. I'll wear a hidden camera and post it i'm so serious. It's not just me, it's every gate agent you treat like crap.
Oh MY attitude?! That's the pot calling the kettle black!

Ya, you just worry about not spilling any cokes anywhere and making sure the seat belt buckles are straight. See that's exactly what i'm talking about. You all have this "I'm holier than thou" attitude." YOU'RE NOT. I remember my first non-rev experience to Vegas. I didn't know that the drink selections were in the book, and when I asked the FA what we had to drink she rolled her eyes at me and went "WHAT DO YOU WANT??!" Swear to god! VERY rude haha! As if your job is THAT hard. Ya, i'll focus on the bags until I get out of college, then you will worry about what I want for dinner. HA!
On a side note - Avion, you are so wrong about customer service being a career... SO wrong. No 401k match, low wages, weak profit sharing, topping out at 20 dollars an hour in 20 years. Trust me, I did it for a year and a half, it's a gigantic waste of time. You don't make any decent money for 5 years. Thats just enough time to go to college and learn a skill, like being a flight attendant![/quote]
First of all. You don't even know how to take a joke. Second, there are a lot of us flight attendants with college degrees, including myself, and WE choose this career!!! Thirdly, and most importantly you are a predjudice bigot. And if you are a homophobe, YOU are working in the wrong field and company. Nobody, NOBODY, will tolerate your hatred and ignorance mr. poed!! So save us the time and get over yourself, or LEAVE! :angry: :angry:

First of all. You don't even know how to take a joke. Second, and most importantly you are a predjudice bigot. And if you are a homophobe, YOU are working in the wrong field and company. Nobody, NOBODY, will tolerate your hatred and ignorance mr. poed!! So save us some time and get over yourself, or LEAVE! :angry: :angry:

He is with the company slightly over 1 year (according to his statement)...... and if He was a GA and now He is a ramper, there is more to it than meets the eyes. Usually, no Gate Agent goes and work in the ramp on his/her volution, it is 120F for 5 months. Furthermore, F/As primary job is to :save the PAX behind and not necessarily to kiss it.

Debbie, Floyd is gay???? I tasted his pina colada last night...do you think I am ok???
US1, I respect you trying to be funny, but I am serious. Poe'd, can find another job as far as I am concerned. Nobody is going to tolerate a homophobe in the airline business, period!! :down:

sky high states: your ignorance is obvious to me. I'm assuming you flew from PHX to LAS for your first non-rev flight. It's BLOCKED for 1hour and approx. 7 minutes. Seeing that there's THREE FLIGHT ATTENDANTS on the plane for ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY FOUR PASSENGERS, she did the right thing. It was QUICKER to find out WHAT YOU WANTED as opposed to what you might want based on the selection of beverages inflight. West F/A's on this site can tell you how nerve racking that flight can be based on alcoholic beverages, full flight, etc. I'm not sure the average FLIGHT TIME on that route is, Westie?.....but, IT'S QUICK. Each flight attendant is basically serving FORTY ONE passengers IN A VERY SHORT PERIOD OF TIME.
As opposed to "what do you want?"..........saying, "what do you LIKE?"..sounds less offensive...and that's what Most say.

HOLIER THAN THOU ATTITUDE?.......that's usually a defensive reaction to how people TREAT flight attendants. I can't tell you how many times I hear, "Ohhh, I wanted to be a "waitress in the sky" too, years ago". I reply, "ohhh, I've SEEN THE WORLD, you know, that free travel and all. Plus, I work 12 days this month. Ever have a complete stranger TOUCH YOU, PULL ON YOUR CLOTHES, POKE YOU? Most of us, dont even point out how wrong that is to the passenger!
In most workplaces, that might be considered, sexual harrassment.

ONLY STATING OPINIONS

Back