Where do we go from here? This is sad information

I never said the FA was wrong. I am agreeing that Beck has a very large platform from which to tell his story and the FA has to deal with any results from a customer service point of view. If the FA batted right-wing radicals, if that is what Beck is to the FA then don't let your employment become jeopardized.
He should have complained to the company directly, instead of slandering the whole airline publicly. I like him, but that was chickensheet.

And for American Airlines, which as we well know is in the news, to allow a direct passenger conflict, because an employee had a political problem, is chickensheet.

If this FA wanted to be associated with someone with the same views then maybe the manifest should been studied to ensure approval.

Go ahead Mr. Beck, Fly on someone else. You will probably get the same treatment on the other carriers the ones that you cheered when they screwed their employees over as they lost their pensions,pay,and benefits. What goes around comes around.
Topics like these show his hatred towards the individuals and groups he dispises. The guy is a disgrace. Once again, other than the possible lack of a smile. What did Mr. Beck miss out on? He just didn't like the delivery. Not the only one. Check out Flyer Talk to see others that don't like the delivery either. On AA and all the other airlines equally I would like to add.

Reactions: 1 person
And for American Airlines, which as we well know is in the news, to allow a direct passenger conflict, because an employee had a political problem, is chickensheet.

If this FA wanted to be associated with someone with the same views then maybe the manifest should been studied to ensure approval.
I guess...... all we are getting is one side of the story. Let's get this info from a good source like the Enquire, or Washington Post.

As well as the employee.
I agree it wasn't the best way to show you don't like someone. As was said before, we don't know the whole story either. People with easy access to the media have never embellished before, huh? Especially when it might make them feel superior to tear someone down.

I agree it wasn't the best way to show you don't like someone. As was said before, we don't know the whole story either. People with easy access to the media have never embellished before, huh? Especially when it might make them feel superior to tear someone down.
Of course.

Sure, we're only hearing one side of the story, but something tells me that if Glenn Beck made a scene on an airplane, it would have been tweeted or reported to the media by a crew member...

I don't begrudge him at all using his radio show to call out the flight attendant's actions. The flight attendant didn't appear show any discretion, so why should he?

The fact remains that as a paying customer, he felt he was being singled out for his beliefs, not any action he took on the airplane.

Singling someone out for their beliefs is usually called "discrimination" in the United States.

At AA, that's also called Rule 32...

Sorry guys, but this type of behavior is downright ignorant, and makes AA's employees look like a bunch of asshats. Not something you want to be doing when your company is trying to turn itself around, eh?

The guy has between 4-5M listeners, not to mention all the people this was forwarded to via Facebook, etc.

This will also probably make the regular news cycle tomorrow.

Extremely dumb move.

Then again, for every one person who sympathizes with Beck there will be two people who get excited by all this and buy their next ticket on AA...

Like Eolesen said, there are two sides to every story. But in this case, I don't think he is making this up to increase his ratings or viewership. But this was the action of one individual and to boycott AA because of this incident is over reacting. If he wasn't a televison personality, the regular Joe and Jane passenger would simply write a letter to AA. But he has the power of the media behind him
Why not give AA a chance to handle this situation and the INDIVIDUAL before condemning the whole airline.

The FA should be terminated ! No matter what the issue was or if he is a celebrity or not you don't treat pax with any attitude! The customer is always right. As a company we don't need these types of employees they drag us all down.