Where is IAM update/info/link?

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/6/2002 1:32:41 PM Biffeman wrote:

From what I know, the union did not want the company to know the results at each location so there would be no retaliation or favortism, but if you went to your local some of the numbers were available. I saw the numbers, there was no cover up either vote and that I know is fact.
----------------
[/blockquote]
I guess that answers the question of why TPA was shut down. We all know how they voted, and now they are history!!!

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/6/2002 1:32:41 PM Biffeman wrote:

From what I know, the union did not want the company to know the results at each location so there would be no retaliation or favortism, but if you went to your local some of the numbers were available. I saw the numbers, there was no cover up either vote and that I know is fact.
----------------
[/blockquote]
I guess that answers the question of why TPA was shut down. We all know how they voted, and now they are history!!!

And I know the IAM can't tell the company how to operate, but they could have done better to protect us when times were better. I'm sure you know of the "grandfather" clause that NW has that will keep all the employees on board if their station goes to an RJ operation. As you must also know there was no deal made for us to match the CWA contract with respect to staying on in a different job classification. Granted the $13 is poor at best, but maybe the IAM could have worked out something for us. Even CO Express tops out at $16 an hour. I realize this is not great money either, but it beats relocating anyday.

And I know the IAM can't tell the company how to operate, but they could have done better to protect us when times were better. I'm sure you know of the "grandfather" clause that NW has that will keep all the employees on board if their station goes to an RJ operation. As you must also know there was no deal made for us to match the CWA contract with respect to staying on in a different job classification. Granted the $13 is poor at best, but maybe the IAM could have worked out something for us. Even CO Express tops out at $16 an hour. I realize this is not great money either, but it beats relocating anyday.

Wings, when are you going to realize that no one including the union can tell the company how to operate their business? All I hear is complaints from you, have you ever attended your union meetings to get involved and make a change? Did you vote last August in your District Elections to make a difference? The union is not some entity, it is only as strong as its weakest link and every single member are the links.

Of course I am complaining as I along with many other senior people are about to get screwed. Yes I have always voted and yes I have attended several meetings as my shop steward has. Our concerns have fell upon deaf ears, since there are only a small number that have our concerns. What we think means nothing to the higher ups. They worry about the majority that are working in the hubs. What the heck outsource a few small station jobs so we can give a little less on our end. The way you speak I am certain that you are in a large station and could also care less about all the people who will left out in the cold...maybe some will show up at your station and bump you to a " better" shift.

Wings, when are you going to realize that no one including the union can tell the company how to operate their business? All I hear is complaints from you, have you ever attended your union meetings to get involved and make a change? Did you vote last August in your District Elections to make a difference? The union is not some entity, it is only as strong as its weakest link and every single member are the links.

Of course I am complaining as I along with many other senior people are about to get screwed. Yes I have always voted and yes I have attended several meetings as my shop steward has. Our concerns have fell upon deaf ears, since there are only a small number that have our concerns. What we think means nothing to the higher ups. They worry about the majority that are working in the hubs. What the heck outsource a few small station jobs so we can give a little less on our end. The way you speak I am certain that you are in a large station and could also care less about all the people who will left out in the cold...maybe some will show up at your station and bump you to a " better" shift.

All of your comments are appreciated. Didn't mean to cause an up-roar...but apparently we all agree that there is little or no communication between our union and its membership...especially if you are in f/s.
Someone asked the question if another had ever attended their local lodge. My local is 4 1/2 hrs from my station. The meeting are held on Sat. at 0900. How may of our people do you think can attend. Oh, maybe I should add that there is another local (which we must pass on the way to our's) that is 2 1/4 hrs away.
No I don't like IAM. No I never have...but it is the union I have, and I am better off having it than not having a union at all (I have experienced what can be done by the company if you don't have union). Do I have the right to express my dis-satisfaction? I think so...at least I hope so.
My post was to see if there was more info available than what was on the IAM141 post (which was / is days old). When one is concerned about their future...they are looking for "new" updates...or at least confirmation that the situation is being worked on. One would think that an organization as large as IAM would have someone that could update the main site daily... if with nothing more than to say "No new news to report as of noon today. 12/6/02 Joe Blow." Guess that's asking to much.

All of your comments are appreciated. Didn't mean to cause an up-roar...but apparently we all agree that there is little or no communication between our union and its membership...especially if you are in f/s.
Someone asked the question if another had ever attended their local lodge. My local is 4 1/2 hrs from my station. The meeting are held on Sat. at 0900. How may of our people do you think can attend. Oh, maybe I should add that there is another local (which we must pass on the way to our's) that is 2 1/4 hrs away.
No I don't like IAM. No I never have...but it is the union I have, and I am better off having it than not having a union at all (I have experienced what can be done by the company if you don't have union). Do I have the right to express my dis-satisfaction? I think so...at least I hope so.
My post was to see if there was more info available than what was on the IAM141 post (which was / is days old). When one is concerned about their future...they are looking for "new" updates...or at least confirmation that the situation is being worked on. One would think that an organization as large as IAM would have someone that could update the main site daily... if with nothing more than to say "No new news to report as of noon today. 12/6/02 Joe Blow." Guess that's asking to much.

RedOne,I know how you feel.If I want to attend a meeting I'd have to drive two hours or more depending on traffic.And theres an IAM local across the street from the terminal I work in.But the IAM tells us we don't have enough members to have our own local.What the f%&#@.I pay the same dues!

RedOne,I know how you feel.If I want to attend a meeting I'd have to drive two hours or more depending on traffic.And theres an IAM local across the street from the terminal I work in.But the IAM tells us we don't have enough members to have our own local.What the f%&#@.I pay the same dues!

[STRONG]how about you/me get together-i hear U is about to farm out daily checks.we be start up maint contractor.[/STRONG]