Where is IAM update/info/link?

there was a couple articles linked on our employees website.one had a quote from scotty ford saying they were going to be in talks this weeknd...just to listen so to speak.VEWY VEWY ITERWESTING!!

there was a couple articles linked on our employees website.one had a quote from scotty ford saying they were going to be in talks this weeknd...just to listen so to speak.VEWY VEWY ITERWESTING!!

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/7/2002 11:07:54 AM DELLDUDE wrote:

----------------
[/blockquote]

Dell I read the same article.

Realistically the IAM has no choice but to talk. Hopefully they wont sell us out in the process.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/7/2002 11:07:54 AM DELLDUDE wrote:

----------------
[/blockquote]

Dell I read the same article.

Realistically the IAM has no choice but to talk. Hopefully they wont sell us out in the process.

Yes, the new post is here from Scotty..pretty much says hang on, were going to sell you down the river a bit more...twice in a year, that has to be a record..Any takers on how far they will let the Outsourcing issue go. This is the most important issue to many and it will be the first they cave in on. I don't want to give any more $$$$ or pay more for medical, but it would beat having my job outsourced forever. Without a job the other stuff will be meaningless.

Yes, the new post is here from Scotty..pretty much says hang on, were going to sell you down the river a bit more...twice in a year, that has to be a record..Any takers on how far they will let the Outsourcing issue go. This is the most important issue to many and it will be the first they cave in on. I don't want to give any more $$$$ or pay more for medical, but it would beat having my job outsourced forever. Without a job the other stuff will be meaningless.

redone , I hope the IAM reads this board.I think most IAM members will enjoy giving their union dues to another union.I just hope the IAM gets booted off the property before the doors close.

redone , I hope the IAM reads this board.I think most IAM members will enjoy giving their union dues to another union.I just hope the IAM gets booted off the property before the doors close.

cat,
As I have stated before, I am not real fond of the representation I have gotten from IAM. I must say, however; without them I think I would be in worse shape than I am now. As a f/s agent, it hasn't been that long since I was not working under a contract. I remember how it was then. At least those in a union several years ago had some say (?) when we all "gave to the company to save it"...agents (both f/s and c/s) were not union....we were just flat out told what we were giving.
I'm not sure how much good they (unions) can do us now. We can refuse to give anything...and we will probably lose it all. If we do give up something, and it means jobs, and we are the one to lose our job...we have still lost it all. We can not continue the way we are. Regardless of what happens...most are gonna be hurt. It's a tough situation. I for one will just be glad when "what-ever" comes into being, so I can stabilize my life. This is taking its tole on all of us.

cat,
As I have stated before, I am not real fond of the representation I have gotten from IAM. I must say, however; without them I think I would be in worse shape than I am now. As a f/s agent, it hasn't been that long since I was not working under a contract. I remember how it was then. At least those in a union several years ago had some say (?) when we all "gave to the company to save it"...agents (both f/s and c/s) were not union....we were just flat out told what we were giving.
I'm not sure how much good they (unions) can do us now. We can refuse to give anything...and we will probably lose it all. If we do give up something, and it means jobs, and we are the one to lose our job...we have still lost it all. We can not continue the way we are. Regardless of what happens...most are gonna be hurt. It's a tough situation. I for one will just be glad when "what-ever" comes into being, so I can stabilize my life. This is taking its tole on all of us.

Latest posts