Yes or no for the IBEW?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When The COMPANY Decides to IMPOSE The IAM CONTRACT, THE OLD TWU Contract/Rules & Reg's will Be VOIDED.
And You All Will Be UNDER the IAM's CONTRACT.
REMEMBER US AIRWAYS is Operating under ONE CERTIFICATE NOW. You All Have VOTED DOWN A T & A. Now Comes the R&R Labor Act.Rules & Reg's.

I thought I reviewed the Railway Labor Act and had a general knowledge.
Please mentor me on the section that applies to imposing contracts.
I cant find it!

THE {AMERICA WEST AIRLINES REMEMBER} WEST PEOPLE REMEMBER THE FLEET THIER CONTRACT. :lol:
Mr. Eagle,
you are 100% wrong. One certificate doesn't mean squat to workers as far as representation status. Parker can screw his transition until he treats people fair and if the IAM screws this up then I think it would be a political disaster for them. Know what I mean?

Further, the IAM can't transition the west into the east contract if there are major changes to the east contract. That would be a DFR and 'coast to coast' are very ready to pursue any DFR. Also, the IAM can transition the west into the east contract without major changes to the east contract but in doing so it will be giving Parker what he needs, and pissing on the workers. It would be more of a political mess for the mess Parker's boy has already created.

regards,

Mr. Eagle,
you are 100% wrong. One certificate doesn't mean squat to workers as far as representation status. Parker can screw his transition until he treats people fair and if the IAM screws this up then I think it would be a political disaster for them. Know what I mean?

Further, the IAM can't transition the west into the east contract if there are major changes to the east contract. That would be a DFR and 'coast to coast' are very ready to pursue any DFR. Also, the IAM can transition the west into the east contract without major changes to the east contract but in doing so it will be giving Parker what he needs, and pissing on the workers. It would be more of a political mess for the mess Parker's boy has already created.

regards,
I WAS NOT TALKING ABOUT A TRANSITION.
PARKER & COMPANY CAN IMPOSE The IAM Contract NOT THE IAM.
They Would Place the WEST UNDER{IMPOSE} The IAM Contract. Yes They Can Do IT.
YOU Tim Just Like to BLAME THE IAM FOR EVERYTHING THE US AIRWAYS COMPANY & Management Team Do To The Member's.
GO Pick on some other New People. :huh:

YOU Tim Just Like to BLAME THE IAM FOR EVERYTHING THE US AIRWAYS COMPANY & Management Team Do To The Member's.

Again Mr. Eagle,

I thought I reviewed the Railway Labor Act and had a general knowledge.
Please mentor me on the section that applies to imposing contracts.
I cant find it!

Well I'm off to the IAM monthly meeting in Phl. I'm usually unable to attend but as luck
would have it I'm off today. I hear Canale and others will be there and so will some
reps from the IBEW outside the hall. Should be interesting.........I'm gonna stop and talk
to the IBEW reps. first.

Thanks

Mr. Eagle,
I understand you are not referring to transition. Still, Parker can't do that, he doesn't have the authority to do so. Just for instance, he has no authority to impose the west under the IAM pension and he can't pick and choose which elements of the contract to impose. Same with seniority, etc. That's why the IAM is finally recognizing section 6 negotiations for the west right now.

He is legally bound to the west agreement until he negotiates changes in it.
Mr. Eagle, I'm not sure where you got your info but it is in 100% error. Single certificate means nothing other than Parker has still got to deal with each contract.
The legal procedure for the west is negotiation [section 6 or transition], not imposition. Even the IAM has finally recognized this after we 'turned up the heat' on them.

Remember, it's the same thing with ALPA. Parker would love to impose the pilots out west under the east contract, then he can save millions of dollars with lower pay. Are you saying Doug Parker is a nice fella and is only showing his 'tender mercies' towards folks?

He would also love to impose the west under the IAM contract. In fact, this is exactly what he wants to do. It isn't happening unless the IAM appeases him again. Such actions would be met with 'vigorous actions' by fleet service against the IAM and I'm quite sure it would speed up the IBEW election.

As aside, nobody is picking on anyone, but I do admit to blaming the I AM Management union for alot of this. The IAM doesnt' have a set of nuts and didn't flex its muscle because the boss of this union is Parker. His boy is Canale.

regards,

Well I'm off to the IAM monthly meeting in Phl. I'm usually unable to attend but as luck
would have it I'm off today. I hear Canale and others will be there and so will some
reps from the IBEW outside the hall. Should be interesting.........I'm gonna stop and talk
to the IBEW reps. first.

Thanks
My understanding is that something wonderful is happening at the local hall. I'll catch it later tonight. I'm not sure Canale or Brickner will have much to do with this.

regards,

Tim,

Straight out… I’m Pro-Money. I don’t care if it IAM, IBEW, Teamsters, League of Women Votes, or Doug Parker. Someone who gives me the same “bankrupt contract†you have has my support.

Frankly, those that do NOT have my support are those who continue to hold a sizable pay raise and benefits package as hostage to their own objectives, especially if it means them not be harmed as a result. This idea of East being able to vote upon a West pay raise and to use it as a negotiation point is demeaning and will certainly drive a wedge between myself and anyone else.

My wife is working a horrible job with lousy pay in a dangerous part of the city going to work well before most people’s automatic coffee machine kicks on for one simple reason… health insurance. So it grates me to no end when I read about company benefit enrollment time for dependents, but alas, I am not eligible because I am part-time and forget working here full-time under West’s paltry contract! I would need to sell the house to afford working for US Airways West full-time! When I see those obstacles from you, the IAM, East, and Management it only drives a deeper chasm between me and those groups.

Looking for unity while tying West for years to a POS expired contract will not lead to support later when you really need it.

My understanding is that something wonderful is happening at the local hall. I'll catch it later tonight. I'm not sure Canale or Brickner will have much to do with this.

regards,

From the reports coming in there where several hundred people who attended the hall meeting his guess was well over 300. All Boss Canale could see was a sea of white IBEW shirts sitting in front of him. Brickner had that face like the guys who walked into that bar in the movie a Bronx Tale! The meeting started with the pledge a moment of silence for FSA who passed away and then after role call Rich Howel called for normal business to be excused to allow Canale to address the lodge. Bob Boland addrressed the lodge and Canale and then asked him point blank 3 questions 1) Will you apologize to Fleet Service for bring us that last TA? 2) Will you stop trying to sell your crap to the memebers after we have voted it down. 3) ??????? can't remember it sorry anyone out there help?

Bob asked Canale again will you apologize to Fleet Service? Canale response was no shaking his head.

At that moment solidarty like whats only been seen in past years from other unions erupted as everyone wearing the white shirts stood up and walked out of the lodge. Alot of heckling was heard on the way out directed towards Canale and Brickner , other airline members where in shock at the what real Strenght in Numbers are!!!.

Bob addressed the workers outside while workers who had not signed a card signed the IBEW cards.

It was a sight to be seen!

I'm overworked and underpaid, IAM hasn't impressed me one bit, and the CoC does nothing for me even if its won. Hell you guys want to vote in the IBEW....I'm behind you all the way. :up: Damn and after reading Roadtrips post I wish I could have been at that meeting. Priceless!!!!!

I met a bunch of the organizers in CLT the other day. They seemed like a really nice bunch of fellas.
They were from PHL and had been IAM. Nice guys.
:D

I met a bunch of the organizers in CLT the other day. They seemed like a really nice bunch of fellas.
They were from PHL and had been IAM. Nice guys.
:D
We hear in PHL that the IAM had them thrown off the property, but not before they got a couple hundred cards. Nice work, Fellas.

I'm overworked and underpaid, IAM hasn't impressed me one bit, and the CoC does nothing for me even if its won. Hell you guys want to vote in the IBEW....I'm behind you all the way. :up: Damn and after reading Roadtrips post I wish I could have been at that meeting. Priceless!!!!!
several members of the network reported in and roadtrips report is very accurate. Not even Hayden stood with Parker's boy, Canale. hayden was in the back room. Each report I received said that over 300 workers walked in the hall together and that Parker's boy thought he was going to answer questions and then be allowed to run his spin machine. Once The IAM President Bobby Boland, it was game over for Parker's boy. Canale refused to apologize and offered some spin but quickly lost control of the meeting and the only ones left in the local hall were Parker's boy, Brickner, and a few members of the $100,000 club with them. Workers rallied outside and I heard Brickner's face was 'ghostlike'. His failure to remove Parker's boy will cost Brickner members IMO.

I applaud the IBEW for sending their Business rep to the meeting and supporting the workers who are being prostituted by the IAM. The IBT was my first preference but the only union standing with the workers right now is the IBEW. Let's give them the respect they deserve. Let's hope the IBEW can gather its sufficient support in a short time because every passing day with Parker's boy at the helm is violating workers.

Also, video was to be taken and placed on YouTube tonight but the video dude had a 'dud' battery. I heard Joe was going to bring a video camera also but I haven't talked to him. It would have been one heckuva feature to watch if the battery wasn't a no go.

join the IAM Watchdog network
email: [email protected]

regards,

We hear in PHL that the IAM had them thrown off the property, but not before they got a couple hundred cards. Nice work, Fellas.
Our network reported that it was management that followed the IBEW reps around in CLT but that at least 2 IAM loyalist tracked down the managers and one even followed behind the managers. So, indirectly you're correct, IAM loyalist had the IBEW thrown off the property by going to management. Our network has the names of the IAM loyalist who turned their back on workers and went running to management. The network forwarded the names to the IBEW people so the workers in CLT can know who 'ratted out & cheezed" on the union people.

regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back