JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA AMTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weekly update from the association today. Nothing T/A'ed. A few exchanges and future negotiating schedules upto the month of December just before the holiday season.

Saw the town hall. All you can say is REALLY! The holidays are coming, the company is going to save a fortune. If we go into next year are they going to wait until 2018 to implement our new benefits? They will have no problem jacking up our health care costs right away. The company laughs at us and this ASSociation gives us excuses. We now work on each others equipment, so basically the company gets what they want for very little cost to them and we continue to work under a concessionary contract. That negotiating course our ASSociation team took is really paying off. This ASSociation and the company team will get their time at the holidays with their families, while we work for half pay. To top things off this ASSociation has passed the buck on our seniority because both want to be able to say it's not my fault it was the arbitrator, GUTLESS!!!! The circus continues, we vote on nothing and when pressed we get shrugs and finger pointing. Glad to see the blood money in dues they take from us goes to someone live the good life. The hope for a good contract has long since gone. All I see is both sides dragging this out as long as they can and each blaming the other and the ASSociation telling us they did the best they could, We are so screwed. 

Reactions: 1 person
All they have to do is keep making amendable changes to our CBA and USAIR CBA. They get what they want while pretending to negotiate a JCBA. When they get all the amendments done to their liking then we may see the biggest amendment yet. An amendment to extend both CBA'S until further notice. Walla, there you have it. This will be another merger like UAL/CAL. They are over 5 years and still pounding out a JCBA. We got a long way to go so to sugarcoat it they will throw in a few amendment changes in the meantime to keep us happy. Enjoy the holidays.

1AA said:
All they have to do is keep making amendable changes to our CBA and USAIR CBA. They get what they want while pretending to negotiate a JCBA. When they get all the amendments done to their liking then we may see the biggest amendment yet. An amendment to extend both CBA'S until further notice. Walla, there you have it. This will be another merger like UAL/CAL. They are over 5 years and still pounding out a JCBA. We got a long way to go so to sugarcoat it they will throw in a few amendment changes in the meantime to keep us happy. Enjoy the holidays.
Don't forget, the Association got their raise as well, and they didn't even have to fulfill their duty of bringing back you an industry leading contract. After watching Parker in the town hall, it definitely was evident that this Association powerhouse has Parker and company shaking in their shoes. Even when he gave the Mike to the lady to explain cross utilization, I could have sworn she giggled, but I know for sure it was a smile...

DallasConehead said:

Hey OldGuy,, I don't mean to chase you off, your posts are appreciated by me and I'm sure many others. I enjoy reading your writes. All that happened was someone said the line failed the drives early on, which I think is an unfair statement to make when I know there was good participation here in Dallas, heck we were signing cards in the 80s. In any case we're all in the twilight of our careers and there's no one behind us coming up, I'm thinking us and the guys just behind us will be the last of the career and I'm not sure who they're going to get to do the line repairs or overhaul once we're all gone.

IMO its been a pretty decent career despite all the setbacks, it could have been way better, but it wasn't and that's that. It is what it is and that's history, all we can all do now is try to get out on our feet and retire and do something else, or not. I think there's quite a few that will just hang out and go out feet first on a stretcher because lets face it, its not like we're digging ditches for a living and the financials while they could be a lot better ain't all that bad. 

Anyway, c'mon man, don't run off, you know, I got  respect for the guys up there, I always marvel at what you all do, serious mekanikin. 
DC I appreciate it but it's me that's the problem right now as I am getting way too emotional about stuff.  I watched the DFW Town Hall and learned that Parker is outsourcing TWU work (Fleet in Denver) to the IAM who is happily taking the jobs from our people with the TWU sitting around with their thumbs up their a$$es and allowing it to happen.  End result is lost jobs for TWU and gained dues for IAM.  Also found out Harry Lombardo had to agree to this crap per the association agreement.  Needless to say I am too angry for rational thought and have to refrain from showing too much a$$.  But I got your back and I know you got mine so I'm good.  I also need to start thinking about getting out while I have my sanity.  I have a plan for that as well but it is kind of a long shot right now.  But you're right in that it hasn't all been bad.  I stayed in Tulsa for a normal family life and my kids got to have their Mom home with them and not raised in a day care center.  They all went to college and graduated debt free and I can look at them and see the good fortune that God has blessed me with.  All in all I am extremely fortunate.  Thanks for pointing that out.  I'll be reading so keep up the posts.  

So if I understood that former Denver employee, AA outsourced Fleet jobs a few years back and LUS was the company who took them over. The guy had to take a job in Dallas and commute or hit the streets. Now that we are one airline, LUS continues to work our metal and the only way the guy can get back home to see his family and return to that ramp is lose all his seniority. What in the hell is that all about. Way to look out for your members TWU! I'm still waiting on Lombardo to be a leader!!

Reactions: 2 people
AANOTOK said:
So if I understood that former Denver employee, AA outsourced Fleet jobs a few years back and LUS was the company who took them over. The guy had to take a job in Dallas and commute or hit the streets. Now that we are one airline, LUS continues to work our metal and the only way the guy can get back home to see his family and return to that ramp is lose all his seniority. What in the hell is that all about. Way to look out for your members TWU! I'm still waiting on Lombardo to be a leader!!
 In majority of theses scenarios the AA stations were outsourced before the merger was announced once the merger TWU folk got super seniority if there was an opening they were able to go back to their station they would retain their pay but lose their seniority in terms of bidding days off and vacation. It's a personal choice but I would rather have Monday and Wednesday off at my station than have to commute to another city. They will get their  full seniority back when we have a joint contract. If you look at it the IAM was just protecting their own people for the time the same way any union should. I do feel for those folks

Worldport said:
 In majority of theses scenarios the AA stations were outsourced before the merger was announced once the merger TWU folk got super seniority if there was an opening they were able to go back to their station they would retain their pay but lose their seniority in terms of bidding days off and vacation. It's a personal choice but I would rather have Monday and Wednesday off at my station than have to commute to another city. They will get their  full seniority back when we have a joint contract. If you look at it the IAM was just protecting their own people for the time the same way any union should. I do feel for those folks
Just spoke to a union rep WP, and he said basically the same thing as you, and I too would take Monday-Thursday off instead of commuting.

OldGuy@AA said:
DC I appreciate it but it's me that's the problem right now as I am getting way too emotional about stuff.  I watched the DFW Town Hall and learned that Parker is outsourcing TWU work (Fleet in Denver) to the IAM who is happily taking the jobs from our people with the TWU sitting around with their thumbs up their a$$es and allowing it to happen.  End result is lost jobs for TWU and gained dues for IAM.  Also found out Harry Lombardo had to agree to this crap per the association agreement.  Needless to say I am too angry for rational thought and have to refrain from showing too much a$$.  But I got your back and I know you got mine so I'm good.  I also need to start thinking about getting out while I have my sanity.  I have a plan for that as well but it is kind of a long shot right now.  But you're right in that it hasn't all been bad.  I stayed in Tulsa for a normal family life and my kids got to have their Mom home with them and not raised in a day care center.  They all went to college and graduated debt free and I can look at them and see the good fortune that God has blessed me with.  All in all I am extremely fortunate.  Thanks for pointing that out.  I'll be reading so keep up the posts.
Maybe the new IAMTWU or Taint Association will change the RLA to level the playing field?

Keep your chin up

Oh those longshoreman... if only our taint was as strong

swamt said:
Really?  Where the hell you been?  This is the first time you heard about the coffin issue?  Wow, that's amazing!!!  You obviously just recently got involved then...
Well you can tell me the story or you can act like a dick.

I await your response.

La Li Lu Le Lo said:
Care to elaborate.

This is the first I am hearing of this.

I have a feeling this s an interesting story.
swamt said:
Really?  Where the hell you been?  This is the first time you heard about the coffin issue?  Wow, that's amazing!!!  You obviously just recently got involved then...
La Li Lu Le Lo said:
Well you can tell me the story or you can act like a dick.

I await your response.
I asked for information and got a confrontational response.

I am not the one attacking people.

La Li Lu Le Lo said:
I asked for information and got a confrontational response.

I am not the one attacking people.
Sure you are.  I choose to act like like a dick then. (your words, not mine)  The issues you ask about are all over these forums in and out of a many threads.  Some issue were even on the news and thru-out the media. I will leave it at that since I am a dick...

swamt said:
Sure you are.  I choose to act like like a dick then. (your words, not mine)  The issues you ask about are all over these forums in and out of a many threads.  Some issue were even on the news and thru-out the media. I will leave it at that since I am a dick...

Don't even bother, the guy isn't an AMT anyway.  No AMT on the board owes him an explanation for anything we support or voted on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts