SCABS... SCABS...SCABS

PTO, the REAL AMT's out there know that scabs like you are the one's destroying the A+P profession. PTO,you might hold an A+P, but using it to destroy AMT wages(General Aviation and Commercial Aviation) in this country is IMMORAL and DOWN RIGHT WRONG! A person like you shouldn't be allowed close to a Cessna much less an airliner. "butchering mechanics" like you PTO would rather "pencil whip" something rather than fix it. PTO, you are danger to the flying public. Why don't you get out of aviation before someone dies because of your shoddy,illegal work?!

You can't even pushback or tow a DC-9? You definitely are not of mechanic caliber.

PTO, the REAL AMT's out there know that scabs like you are the one's destroying the A+P profession. PTO,you might hold an A+P, but using it to destroy AMT wages...
Don, let me introduce you to my Beloved and Lovely Princess. I am not really sure about the Lovely part, that’s probably just my imagination. You can see what high regards she holds me in. I have learned to take here with a laughable grain of salt.

My Dearest Princess it has been so long since you have blessed me with one of you ravishing and passionate posts. You have just made my night. I will now sleep comfortably with a smile on my face. You are indeed my favorite Scab basher. Thank you again for such a passionate post, I have missed them so.

:lol: They can keep the pushbacks as far as I am concerned. It would simply be a waste of my time I think. I'd probably give all the PAX's whiplash anyway, might even have to try to shake some carry-ons out of the overheads. :up:

I've pushed two 9's back in mylife, which was here at NWA. No passengers just break riders. Both times I got my ears rung from laughter and profane insults as the nose strut fully extended and compressed a half dozen times. I never did ask if they had their seat belts on, :lol: they had a hell of a ride though. I decided that pushbacks were not my forte.
wow I cant even picture you doing a pushback. But in a way I could. I could picture you pushing a DC9 back all the way to the river!!!!! OOOPPPSSS! Dont worry Capt, its only a scab named PTO and he forgot to mel the brakes on the plane and the pushback! :up: :lol: :rolleyes:

Ken I have been reading some of your other post and have decided you are the wrong person to be pushing the aviation AMT/A&P Profession into the spotlight for you do not truly represent the profession as a whole therefore you actually belittle or "erode" it as you like to say. You are catering to Unionized Airline Mechanics and are ignoring the rest of the industry, which represents a good portion of the industry. You despise Third Shop facilities even the ones in the United States that service a huge portion of the U.S. Registered Commercial fleet. I can understand your anger towards the overseas facilities but not the U.S. ones. Then there is of course your personal distaste for Scabs that carry FAA A&P Certificates that you claim has no mechanical abilities at all yet they are endorsed by the FAA, the same Administration that issued you your ticket. Then there is the concern of the AMT title itself that I am wary about because it is not an FAA Certified title. Anyone coming in off the street that has never even set foot on an aircraft nor turned a wrench before in their lives can get hired on at an Airline and instantly become an AMT. As where an A&P must have two years of school or documented experience then have to take a written, oral and a practical test. So what exactly do we have here?...Ken MacTiernan a man that wants to take anyone off the street and call them an AMT then belittle half of the A&P Mechanics in the industry then claim what a Skilled and Proud Professional Craft it is. You Union A&P's sound like a bunch of Idiots and then you claim that the rest of the A&P's are Idiots. What do you think this does for the Public perception of the A&P Mechanic? Even the companies we work for look at the profession as a bunch of bumbling Idiots. Take a look around your shop at the safety-posters...

Pilot is standing over a mechanic tapping his foot looking at his watch dressed in his flight uniform...AMT on his knees servicing a tire in cover-alls hat cocked back on his head with a dazed frantic look on his face.

A&P Mechanic on a fork-lift picking up an engine attached to the wing, pylon is buckling, bolts are breaking loose, dude in cover-alls same deformed hat with a damn I'm having a good time look on his face.

A&P Mechanic Blown through the air, looking like a flying monkey, from an exploding tire.

I won't even get into the LMS Training cartoons.

You are doing a HELL of a job Ken we applaud you keep up the good work. After reading your post I sure do feel Grand about the AMT/A&P Craft. I am sure the flying Public agrees.

icl, I do have a distaste for SCABS that carry A&Ps. This license is issued by the FAA, same agency that provided mine. The difference you seem to be unable to comprehend is that KNOWLEDGE, SKILL & INTEGRITY are three traits that an A&P use to base our profession upon. When a person with an A&P SCABS they no longer possess INTEGRITY. Hence my distatse and the FACT that these SCABS erode my craft.

As for the AMT title, check the twu contract at AA. It's in there. AN AMT/A&P/Aircraft Mechanic are the same. I simply use AMT. Sounds as if you have an inferiority complex to go along with your cowardice.

Your post is simply the ramblings of a person who is happy eroding a proud craft while he hides in the warmth of the shadows.

Listen SCAB, I have done more to promote my craft than you care to admit. I will act if what I do makes a difference. If you don't like it you are free to come out to SAN and complain to me about your lack of integrity and self esteem.

Don Smith, thank you for fighting for ALL Aircraft Technicians that remain true to our craft. And welcome to this BB. Another BB is The-AMT.com, you might like that sight too.

Don, let me introduce you to my Beloved and Lovely Princess. I am not really sure about the Lovely part, that’s probably just my imagination. You can see what high regards she holds me in. I have learned to take her with a laughable grain of salt.

I intend to pour a lot more salt on you,PTO. Salt gets rid of scabby "SLUGS" very well.

It's good to hear from you Don. I have often wanted to talk to an actual NWA/AMFA AMT on strike for a long time now.
Hmmmm, well you had a chance to talk to many of them on the strike line or the DTW Union Rally....but alas.... your scab cowardice wouldn't let you would it 'Cods?

The only way you will talk to Mr. Smith is if you can hide behind your alias and pretend you have a spine.

Just so you know Mr. Smith, PlaytheCods thinks your a fool for striking, and being in any type of union is pure idiocy. He feels that he is superior to you because he is a 7 month scab, and he will show us all how it is done in dealing with Scab Air management. A top rate "negotiator" is claimed often by 'Cods.

Stand back from his SUPERscab brightness, it is sometimes blinding....in stupidity. Enjoy the show. :huh:

icl, I do have a distaste for SCABS that carry A&Ps. This license is issued by the FAA, same agency that provided mine. The difference you seem to be unable to comprehend is that KNOWLEDGE, SKILL & INTEGRITY are three traits that an A&P use to base our profession upon. When a person with an A&P SCABS they no longer possess INTEGRITY. Hence my distatse and the FACT that these SCABS erode my craft.
I fully comprehend the traits of KNOWLEDGE, SKILL and INTEGRITY, it is your opinion of how they should be applied that I do not understand. I have already had this discussion with someone on this board of how Integrity/Morals can be twisted through out the world. I will not get into that again. Find it and read it for you self. This is where the View Members Post Button would come in handy if it were still available.

I don’t think I like the way you continue to say “my craftâ€￾ all the time, as if you own it or created it. I don’t know what it is but for some reason the way you continue to say those words goes beyond you just saying that you belong to or are a participant of something. It’s just kind of creepy. I also don’t like the way you could care less about non-union mechanics, airline or not and damn near worship unionized mechanics working at airlines. I used to think your passion for the AMT Craft was quiet noble, now I think you never had a passion for the craft as a whole just the airline/union side of it and to hell with the rest. No Ken you are not the right person at all to represent the fine mechanics that hold FAA A&P Certificates.

As for the AMT title, check the twu contract at AA. It's in there. AN AMT/A&P/Aircraft Mechanic are the same. I simply use AMT. Sounds as if you have an inferiority complex to go along with your cowardice.
My only interest in the TWU/AA contract is when I hear that AA has had enough of it and demands heavy concessions to the point the AA AMT's must strike.

As far as the AMT title being the same as an A&P Mechanic I think you are horribly wrong on that note. I could be wrong and there is no doubt in my mind that you guys will correct me if I am but are you telling me that every employee at AA or anywhere else that is hired on under the title AMT is in fact a FAA A&P Certificate holder?

As far as the AMT title being the same as an A&P Mechanic I think you are horribly wrong on that note. I could be wrong and there is no doubt in my mind that you guys will correct me if I am but are you telling me that every employee at AA or anywhere else that is hired on under the title AMT is in fact a FAA A&P Certificate holder?

Well its no suprise that you're the one thats horribly wrong.

Airlines only started using the term AMT when it was proposed by the NPRM for PART66. You seem to be clinging to the incorrect assumption that unions created the term.

While I can't speak for AA, at UAL all AMTs are A&P. UAL does have shop/c-chk mechanics but they are refered to by what ever skill they are assigned, sheetmetal, General, Cockpit, R&E, Cabin etc.

I intend to pour a lot more salt on you,PTO. Salt gets rid of scabby "SLUGS" very well.
:lol: Oh please do my Princess, I so look forward to it. Welcome back my dear. Your latest post have been bland and empty, have you been ill? Or did your doctor finally get your Prozac dosage right? Maybe I have this backwards. Or do you get like this when you don't take it?

What are you going to do Princess when Scabs infiltrate the entire industry?

I fully comprehend the traits of KNOWLEDGE, SKILL and INTEGRITY, it is your opinion of how they should be applied that I do not understand. I have already had this discussion with someone on this board of how Integrity/Morals can be twisted through out the world. I will not get into that again. Find it and read it for you self. This is where the View Members Post Button would come in handy if it were still available.

I don’t think I like the way you continue to say “my craftâ€￾ all the time, as if you own it or created it. I don’t know what it is but for some reason the way you continue to say those words goes beyond you just saying that you belong to or are a participant of something. It’s just kind of creepy. I also don’t like the way you could care less about non-union mechanics, airline or not and damn near worship unionized mechanics working at airlines. I used to think your passion for the AMT Craft was quiet noble, now I think you never had a passion for the craft as a whole just the airline/union side of it and to hell with the rest. No Ken you are not the right person at all to represent the fine mechanics that hold FAA A&P Certificates.
My only interest in the TWU/AA contract is when I hear that AA has had enough of it and demands heavy concessions to the point the AA AMT's must strike.

icl, you do NOT comprehend the trait of INTEGRITY. Because if you did you would not be a SCAB.

When I say, "My craft.", I am referring that YOU do not belong to it, nor do any other SCAB. If you feel "creepy" that is most likely the "cowardly" part of your alias speaking inside your head since you know you are a SCAB your concience is wakening.

"I also don’t like the way you could care less about non-union mechanics, airline or not and damn near worship unionized mechanics working at airlines."

I never said I could care less about non-union mechanics. Post my quote where I have said this, otherwise you proove the "l" part of your alias.

"No Ken you are not the right person at all to represent the fine mechanics that hold FAA A&P Certificates."

I represent fine mechanics that are NOT SCABS. I have yet to receive a complaint from any NON-SCAB about my outspoken point of view on outsourcing. I have yet to receive any complaints about the progress the AMTA has made in promoting "my craft" ;) with the "Faces Behind Safety" link, the campaign to have AMT (damn, there's that title you hate) Day Resolutions, or the donating of bronze busts of Charles E. Taylor to museums.

Don't worry about anyone ever calling you an AMT or A&P. You are neither. You are icl the proud SCAB who remains behind an alias while eroding "my craft". ;)

Thirdseat what are the School/Training/Testing requirements required by the FAA to be an AMT?

I've posted this M-A-N-Y times before, read it for once.

Below is a link with the history behind FAR Part 66, which would've enacted the official use of the term Aircraft Maintenance Technician-AMT

www.nbaa.org/maint/part66.htm

Pay particular attention to the PDF file under "Federal Register" It contains the ACTUAL history of FAR Part 66 and its creation