Teamsters "raiding" TWU?

Well if they gave it to one group then they would have to give it to any group, otherwise that would open the company up to a lawsuit from the group they turned down. In effect they would be interfering with the memberships right to choose representation and favoring one over another.

I have no idea how ot what information was given out, I did get complaints from members but while I did recieve a phone call, which is no suprise because my number is on the website, I didnt recieve anything in the mail.

In order or a union to organize, they need to have contact with the employees. The other side can request this as well, but there needs to be more than just a grass roots effort.

If you get even within a dollar or two of UPS wages, I'll sign another amfa card myself. Good luck with that. They are around $53 an hour correct?
in 2003 we were making more than them. They didn't make great advances or radically change their workrule
s they pretty much just kept up with inflation

have you Read "from the ashes of the Old" by Stanley Aronowitz? hardly an endorsement for radicalism but a well written objective critique of what has gone wrong with the labor movement. One of the best lines in the book was how he described entrenched powers within the labor movement citing the lack of true democratic action he said that top labor leaders are usually removed by "death or indictment".

There is something wrong with Labor Leaders getting annual increases in pay while their members give concessions.

The book speaks to a variety of issues and times of union strengths and weaknesses. Unfortunately it does not speak much about the diminishing power from within which turned out to be the independent unions.

It is a good read, and at least one chapter can be found on line here.

http://www.nytimes.com/books/first/a/aronowitz-ashes.html

To your post, I would compare the passage you quoted and your comment to the US Congress. Wouldn't you agree?

The book speaks to a variety of issues and times of union strengths and weaknesses. Unfortunately it does not speak much about the diminishing power from within which turned out to be the independent unions.

http://www.nytimes.com/books/first/a/aronowitz-ashes.html

To your post, I would compare the passage you quoted and your comment to the US Congress. Wouldn't you agree?
can't open the link. Comment to congress?

The rise in independent unions , if in fact there has been a rise, pales compared to the decline overall. It's no coincidence. The old guard is failing workers. How do I convince my members here in ny that belonging to a union is good when if they quit AARON and go to nonunion jet blue they can expect better pay

Reactions: 1 person
can't open the link. Comment to congress?

The rise in independent unions , if in fact there has been a rise, pales compared to the decline overall. It's no coincidence. The old guard is failing workers. How do I convince my members here in ny that belonging to a union is good when if they quit AARON and go to nonunion jet blue they can expect better pay

It is a war on workers after all. And a war on unions.

http://www.nytimes.c...witz-ashes.html

The facts are clear, the majority of the AMT Craft or Class has been represented by Industrial Unions, not independent unions.
Where is the diminished power again? And so you believe the Industrial Unions have done us all fair, and that the independent unions are the source of industry standard of living decline for the AMT profession. Please explain how your opinion is in complete opposition to what the known facts are?

First you claim independent unions are small and insiginifcant, then you blame then for diminished power and the ills of this profession? All the while the large industrial unions have dominated the representation services for over 60 years? No kidding? How do you explain the facts that make your claims nothing more than a zealot preaching 100% Total BS?

Maybe if complete zealot idiots like yourself would get the hell out of the way and let the idea of ALL MECHANICS IN ONE UNION get tried, we would be able to compare and decide which direction has the diminished power, and which is a massive money laundering machine for organized crime!

If you get even within a dollar or two of UPS wages, I'll sign another amfa card myself. Good luck with that. They are around $53 an hour correct?

Remember this post all, and especially you Anomaly.
And as usual you are wrong again. UPS's current contract, which comes amendable towards the end of 2013, will top them out at 50.31 hourly. I will make you the same statement, if we don't "leap frog" the current UPS contract wages here at SWA by the end of this new contract we are nego right now, I WILL SIGN A TEAMSTERS CARD.

I will give you a chance to resind since you were under the impression they topped out 3.00 more than they do.
Are you still willing to sign an AMFA card if we get within a dollar or two as you stated above?? I will take that wager Anomaly.

And as usual you are wrong again. UPS's current contract, which comes amendable towards the end of 2013, will top them out at 50.31 hourly. I will make you the same statement, if we don't "leap frog" the current UPS contract wages here at SWA by the end of this new contract we are nego right now, I WILL SIGN A TEAMSTERS CARD.

I will give you a chance to resind since you were under the impression they topped out 3.00 more than they do.
Are you still willing to sign an AMFA card if we get within a dollar or two as you stated above?? I will take that wager Anomaly.

Everytime he is proven wrong he runs and hides. Just like Realityck and Rice. Hello Anomaly, please answer this one. And once again, you need to do a little research before you post. Where the hell did you get 53.00 per hr???

I stand corrected. I did not take the time to look up UPS before I posted and went with an unclear memory, which is why I posted it as a question.

But still; You claim that WN will leap frog UPS and go above 50.31? According to your contract, which is amendable now, basic hourly pay including license pay (X2), puts a dayshift line mechanic at 41.32 an hour according to a document found on the internet. Am I correct?

If so, you claim you will get more than 9 dollars an hour in wage increases with amfa? I said within two dollars, making it an increase of $7.00 per hour. At 7, this is a $14,560 gain per year per employee or a 16.94% increase. An additional cost to the company in excess of $35 million per year. Your second quarter earnings were just released July 19, and the overall consensus was a shrinking cost edge against competitors, as the airline deals with a maturing work force and fleet, as well as lower utilization of aircraft. Your short term revenue and cost predictions were uninspiring and the best rating you got according to Michael Linenberg of Deutsche Bank was a Hold with a price target of $11.

After all this, you still claim to go ahead of UPS? Even if I am wrong on your starting wage and you are making closer to $43.00, that is still a big leap to push you above $50.

Hell YEA. I'll take that bet.

A little reminder what Kelly said following AA's BK filing!
You really only need to read the first paragraph.
http://www.bizjourna...-kelly-all.html

I stand corrected. I did not take the time to look up UPS before I posted and went with an unclear memory, which is why I posted it as a question.

But still; You claim that WN will leap frog UPS and go above 50.31? According to your contract, which is amendable now, basic hourly pay including license pay (X2), puts a dayshift line mechanic at 41.32 an hour according to a document found on the internet. Am I correct?

If so, you claim you will get more than 9 dollars an hour in wage increases with amfa? I said within two dollars, making it an increase of $7.00 per hour. At 7, this is a $14,560 gain per year per employee or a 16.94% increase. An additional cost to the company in excess of $35 million per year. Your second quarter earnings were just released July 19, and the overall consensus was a shrinking cost edge against competitors, as the airline deals with a maturing work force and fleet, as well as lower utilization of aircraft. Your short term revenue and cost predictions were uninspiring and the best rating you got according to Michael Linenberg of Deutsche Bank was a Hold with a price target of $11.

After all this, you still claim to go ahead of UPS? Even if I am wrong on your starting wage and you are making closer to $43.00, that is still a big leap to push you above $50.

You lied again?

Fancy that !!!

Do you really thing that you will leap frog UPS in wages considering that Gary has said this:

Southwest Airlines Co. CEO Gary Kelly is warning his employees that high costs are a danger to the Dallas-based carrier, just as they were to the larger carriers that have filed for bankruptcy protection, including American Airlines.

The Dallas Morning News reported that Kelly's letter to Southwest's (NYSE: LUV) employees said that the company must rein in costs if it is to prosper in the future.

Those were the first two paragraphs from the New Mexico Business Weekly article Hopeful posted.

teamsters_little.jpg

SWAMT makes a claim that WN will leap frog UPS and go above 50.31? According to the WN contract, which is amendable now, basic hourly pay including license pay (X2), puts a dayshift line mechanic at 41.32 an hour according to a document found on the internet. Am I correct?

A little reminder what Kelly said following AA's BK filing!
You really only need to read the first paragraph.
http://www.bizjourna...-kelly-all.html
Do you really thing that you will leap frog UPS in wages considering that Gary has said this:

Southwest Airlines Co. CEO Gary Kelly is warning his employees that high costs are a danger to the Dallas-based carrier, just as they were to the larger carriers that have filed for bankruptcy protection, including American Airlines.

The Dallas Morning News reported that Kelly's letter to Southwest's (NYSE: LUV) employees said that the company must rein in costs if it is to prosper in the future.

Those were the first two paragraphs from the New Mexico Business Weekly article Hopeful posted.

Another quote further down the article....

According to the Morning News, Southwest's labor costs have risen 31.8 percent to 3.94 cents per available mile, which is higher than for competitors Delta, United and US Airways.

But still, amfa has NO PROBLEM issuing promises and is even willing to wager that they will be able to gain another increase greater than 15% and "LEAP FROG" UPS in wages. amfa is so far to the left of reality, they should be classified as a fantasy rather than an association.

Another quote further down the article....

According to the Morning News, Southwest's labor costs have risen 31.8 percent to 3.94 cents per available mile, which is higher than for competitors Delta, United and US Airways.

But still, amfa has NO PROBLEM issuing promises and is even willing to wager that they will be able to gain another increase greater than 15% and "LEAP FROG" UPS in wages. amfa is so far to the left of reality, they should be classified as a fantasy rather than an association.

So thats like the ibt fantasy of negotiating for a double vesting pension outside section six, or re-opening a contract before the amendable date simply by switching representation.

Yeah, I see your point....the ibt IS more a fantasy than a brotherhood.

Latest posts