2015 Fleet Service Discussion

Apparently the company and the Association hasnt scheduled any negotiations yet, as soon as they do, it will be announced.

Reactions: 2 people
AANOTOK said:
None of my TWU brethren are unable or unwilling to answer this Tim, maybe you can or will.
When is our negotiators first scheduled to meet with AA?
iam is doing the survey and will most likely compare that against twu wishes and formulate the opening proposal. I think things are in excellent hands.

Reactions: 1 person
Tim Nelson said:
iam is doing the survey and will most likely compare that against twu wishes and formulate the opening proposal. I think things are in excellent hands.
Wow. Thanks for answering nothing. I believe the question was when are the negotiators scheduled to meet with the company.
Excellent hands? Yeah right.

Reactions: 4 people
Tim Nelson said:

I agree. Both groups have been meeting this week to identify & resolve their contractual differences. No matter which Union you belong to, the bottom line is providing the most we can for our families and ourselves. The members in the respective Unions are not the enemy. Management is the real problem and has a history of playing off one employee group against another. If we don’t allow ourselves to fall into that trap, and present a united front in these negotiations, we stand the best chance of attaining the improvements we’ve all earned.

Tim Nelson said:
 I think things are in excellent hands.
Odd considering how you railed endlessly about the shortcomings of the IAM leadership on this board.Didn't you also just get swatted with a rolled up newspaper again   in a rerun election you agitated for?

All things being even, I hope the IAM does negotiate a good contract,I have zero faith in the ability of the TWU to do that.

Reactions: 4 people
JFK Fleet Service said:
They're preparing like hell,bet we get filleted and stuck with a dues increase.
On the TWU side your dues are based on 2 times your hourly rate per month. If we agree to a contract that is 7% above the top DL rate, that would come out to a raise of $3.50 per hour from where we are right now. So yes your dues would increase by $7.00 per month, while your raise will come out to $560.00 per month if you are full time and not counting any extra hours worked.

$560.00
-   $7.00
= $553.00

Are you going to have a problem with that?

screwed again said:
Wow. Thanks for answering nothing. I believe the question was when are the negotiators scheduled to meet with the company.
Excellent hands? Yeah right.
There hasn't been any date put out officially as of yet but here is a link to a resource you can use to keep updated maybe better than on here.

http://twu.org/

Latest posts