2015 Fleet Service thread

La Li Lu Le Lo said:
And you are a habitual liar, the proof is in your posts.
Refute it with facts.

But you can't do you attack the poster.

Go find out who William O'Driscoll is and what he accomplished.

Reactions: 1 person
WeAAsles said:
He absolutely does hate Unions. He has a "personal" experience where being a part of one that did not work out for "him" so now he's going to condemn the whole lot. Well I guess all any of us can do is continue to move forward?
I make more money, don't have to work odd hours, have weekends off, holidays (and more of them), and 3 times the vacation, and.... I am not trapped at one employer with a take it or leave it deal.

How exactly did it not work out for "me"?

700UW said:
Go find out who William O'Driscoll is and what he accomplished.
This article does not paint a very good picture of him.

https://www.questia.com/newspaper/1P2-33050076/machinists-did-an-about-face-in-twa-attack-acting

William O'Driscoll, president of District 142, said at a press conference last week that the union had no confidence in Gitner and would not accept any business plan that would shrink TWA through asset sales, route abandonments, layoffs and the like.

He launched his unexpected and surprisingly public attack less than eight weeks after he and another IAM designee on the board voted in favor of Gitner and two other directors temporarily assuming executive jobs.

Other Unions Back Gitner Even the other two unions at TWA, both historical foes of management, are siding with Gitner in the flap.

It looks like he was trying to lampoon Gitner for wanting to implement cost cutting measures at TWA. How did that work out?

Well you still have no idea what transpired at TW and how long the IAM kept them in business and had secured assets to protect their pensions.

Keep digging.

700UW said:
Well you still have no idea what transpired at TW and how long the IAM kept them in business and had secured assets to protect their pensions.

Keep digging.
No need. The end result was TWA is now defunct and was acquired by American Airlines.

La Li Lu Le Lo said:
I make more money, don't have to work odd hours, have weekends off, holidays (and more of them), and 3 times the vacation, and.... I am not trapped at one employer with a take it or leave it deal.

How exactly did it not work out for "me"?
If you have or believe you're doing better with your life now than you were, I think again that's great and congratulations. But if it really is so great for you now I just can't understand why you're coming back here to try to what it seems like, convince us?

I don't mean to say this to hurt or knock you but, is it really us you're trying to convince or are you trying to convince yourself.

Regrets will eat you up inside.

Reactions: 2 people
WeAAsles said:
If you have or believe you're doing better with your life now than you were, I think again that's great and congratulations. But if it really is so great for you now I just can't understand why you're coming back here to try to what it seems like, convince us?

I don't mean to say this to hurt or knock you but, is it really us you're trying to convince or are you trying to convince yourself.

Regrets will eat you up inside.
You are right about one thing. I do have regrets but, not about job loss. I regret I "settled in" for over a decade before working on an exit plan. I should have made an exit plan years ago. Hind sight as they say is 20/20.

I thought I made it very clear American Airlines is the second income for my home. So yes, contract talks do concern me. As much as you and 700UW try to sell me as antiUNION I am thankful my other half has a good paying job (despite the sub par benefits). The other side of the coin is TWU employees have been losing buying power for decades. How good is that job going to be when retirement finally comes?

It is hard to dismiss seeing the chairman of Fleet Service standing in front of TULE holding a sign showing support for a concessionary contract. It is also hard to dismiss that when they shut the shop down the only 2 people that did not have to bump or hit the street just happened to be the 2 UNION officers. If you had witnessed that situation what would you think?

That's the truth. 

La Li Lu Le Lo said:
You are right about one thing. I do have regrets but, not about job loss. I regret I "settled in" for over a decade before working on an exit plan. I should have made an exit plan years ago. Hind sight as they say is 20/20.

I thought I made it very clear American Airlines is the second income for my home. So yes, contract talks do concern me. As much as you and 700UW try to sell me as antiUNION I am thankful my other half has a good paying job (despite the sub par benefits). The other side of the coin is TWU employees have been losing buying power for decades. How good is that job going to be when retirement finally comes?

It is hard to dismiss seeing the chairman of Fleet Service standing in front of TULE holding a sign showing support for a concessionary contract. It is also hard to dismiss that when they shut the shop down the only 2 people that did not have to bump or hit the street just happened to be the 2 UNION officers. If you had witnessed that situation what would you think?

That's the truth. 
I understand many of the things you say but the truth is that the entire USA from a good portion of the top down was in the same boat.

I just think you're laying too much blame at the feet of just one entity. Lot's of different places to point the finger at.

WeAAsles said:
I understand many of the things you say but the truth is that the entire USA from a good portion of the top down was in the same boat.

I just think you're laying too much blame at the feet of just one entity. Lot's of different places to point the finger at.
Maybe so.

La Li Lu Le Lo said:
Got any comments about this ^^^^^ ?

La Li Lu Le Lo said:
Maybe so.

Got any comments about this ^^^^^ ?
I only heard a little bit about it. The two were still in office right? Did they represent anyone else besides your group? If they did, that's why they got to stay. At least until they are or were voted out of office.

WeAAsles said:
I only heard a little bit about it. The two were still in office right? Did they represent anyone else besides your group? If they did, that's why they got to stay. At least until they are or were voted out of office.
It is more complicated than that.

First off what business does the Chairman of Fleet Service have staying at TWU 514 when there are...... no Fleet Service Clerks? None. 0.

Second many Fleet Service Clerks were vocally offered positions and all but 2 were rescinded. Can you guess which 2?

Seniority was bypassed for one of those positions until yours truly blew the whistle on this very forum.  Then the officer used their TWU position as a "place holder" until they could be awarded a new position. 

They tried to pull this little scam during Christmas base shutdown.... Very convenient timing wasn't it?

International was notified of their little scam and stonewalled (as expected). They did nothing to correct it.

That was the beginning of the end for my support for TWU.

You think those 2 would have gotten those positions without management support?

Would YOU call that fair representation?

La Li Lu Le Lo said:
It is more complicated than that.

First off what business does the Chairman of Fleet Service have staying at TWU 514 when there are...... no Fleet Service Clerks? None. 0.

Second many Fleet Service Clerks were vocally offered positions and all but 2 were rescinded. Can you guess which 2?

Seniority was bypassed for one of those positions until yours truly blew the whistle on this very forum.  Then the officer used their TWU position as a "place holder" until they could be awarded a new position. 

They tried to pull this little scam during Christmas base shutdown.... Very convenient timing wasn't it?

International was notified of their little scam and stonewalled (as expected). They did nothing to correct it.

That was the beginning of the end for my support for TWU.

You think those 2 would have gotten those positions without management support?

Would YOU call that fair representation?
Like I said I don't know the particulars of the story and I don't pass judgement until I know everything. I have said on here before when I think the TWU has done something wrong.

So where are these two particular individuals now? Are you saying that they scammed to get into a station that they shouldn't have been awarded by juniority?

I have a good friend who worked with you who is as smart as a whip. Remind me to call him sometime next week and ask him about it. He's not a guy who would blow smoke up anyone's arse. His initials are JP.

One of those two was the President on 514, as the President he also represented mechanics.

Latest posts