2015 Fleet Service thread

WeAAsles said:
Like I said I don't know the particulars of the story and I don't pass judgement until I know everything. I have said on here before when I think the TWU has done something wrong.

So where are these two particular individuals now? Are you saying that they scammed to get into a station that they shouldn't have been awarded by juniority?

I have a good friend who worked with you who is as smart as a whip. Remind me to call him sometime next week and ask him about it. He's not a guy who would blow smoke up anyone's arse. His initials are JP.
That does not bring anyone immediately to mind. Maybe you can send me a PM about who you are talking about.

La Li Lu Le Lo said:
That does not bring anyone immediately to mind. Maybe you can send me a PM about who you are talking about.
Nah it's preferable to leave certain people I know in the background. Besides he's not on these boards anyway.

700UW said:
One of those two was the President on 514, as the President he also represented mechanics.
So if the two people then were reps for 514 of course they would get to stay until they're voted out and would then have to take an option somewhere else. Does anyone know if these two also had to chose an option when the layoffs came and were awarded their option but got to stay in TUL until they were voted out?

I could absolutely see and understand that.

WeAAsles said:
You and I see two very different TWU's. I guess from your own personal experiences I can understand that, but this is the TWU I see. 

The average person who handles bags in the US according to BLS reports makes $24,000 per year or $12.00 per hour. Some with benefits and some without. I make with my longevity $50,000 or $24.20 per hour with benefits. That comes from both the good and bad of CBA negotiations stretching back to the 1940's. I have a Pension. Frozen or not I still have it when those others I talked about I know for a fact never had one. My pension frozen is going to pay me $1500.00 per month when I retire.
$50,000 - $24,000 = $26,000

More than double the average.

Now going back to that average of $24,000. Pretty soon I'm going to see a contract that's going to bring me up to at least $30.00 per hour or $62,000 per year.
$62,000 - $24,000 = $38,000

And I'm also going to have an "employment contract" that basically guarantees that the company I work for can't just arbitrarily get rid of me maybe because they think they're paying me too much and want to lower their costs. Pretty much I can only get myself fired if I do something stupid.

My friend Gus that I went to High School with works for a sub contractor in JFK. He makes $14.00 and change per hour and he's been with them for around 11 years. I'm absolutely not in the position my friend Gus is in. But if there had been no TWU or for that matter any Union at my job, I'd be exactly where my friend Gus is right now. I'm 100% positive of that.

I'm sorry that being a part of a Union didn't work out well for you. But it does work out very well for the majority of people who are in one. You've seen me post it before. Again according to BLS the average Union member against his Non Union counterpart in the US makes $200.00 per week more.

That's $200.00 per week. $800.00 per month. $9600.00 per year. And that's an absolute fact.
A lot of those $10- $14 an hour contractors are union too..... you know. In fact if AA decided to get rid of us the very next day the TWU would try to organize our replacements. I've seen it happen

WeAAsles said:
So if the two people then were reps for 514 of course they would get to stay until they're voted out and would then have to take an option somewhere else. Does anyone know if these two also had to chose an option when the layoffs came and were awarded their option but got to stay in TUL until they were voted out?

I could absolutely see and understand that.
You just can't admit these 2 made a deal can you?

Worldport said:
A lot of those $10- $14 an hour contractors are union too..... you know. In fact if AA decided to get rid of us the very next day the TWU would try to organize our replacements. I've seen it happen
I'm not sure how many of the low wage contractors are Unionized. I think Swissport here in MIA might be? In NYC I know that the SEIU is trying to organize them.

If AA could get rid of us and replace us. Which as long as the RLA remains untouched it's very difficult to almost impossible. I'm sure that the TWU or any number of other Unions would try to organize the replacements. Some of those replacements would probably be us? If a guy is unemployed where do you think is the first place that he's going to go to apply for a job?

Unfortunately pride doesn't pay anyone's bills.

La Li Lu Le Lo said:
You just can't admit these 2 made a deal can you?
La Li I just called my friend and I'm waiting for him to call me back to get his perspective. I'm not making any judgement call until I hear what he has to say? I've known the guy for a long time and trust what he has to say completely.

I'll get back to you after I talk to him.

WeAAsles said:
La Li I just called my friend and I'm waiting for him to call me back to get his perspective. I'm not making any judgement call until I hear what he has to say? I've known the guy for a long time and trust what he has to say completely.

I'll get back to you after I talk to him.
I am looking forward to hearing what you have to say.

La Li Lu Le Lo said:
I am looking forward to hearing what you have to say.
I just did a quick search since he hasn't called me back yet. He might be out with his family since it's Sunday.

I guess you're talking about this then? This say's that there were 14 total people who went over to Title 2.

January 4, 2013

Sam2007_face0.jpg

The Tulsa Fleet Service Clerks have known for months their jobs were being outsourced. In an attempt to stay in Tulsa the majority of these members put in for 12 (m) transfers to Title I and Title II. Due to workload and Early Outs there was a need for Title II Mechanics. Since no Mechanics in Title II were laid off out of Tulsa, the company utilized the transfer list. The company set up Work Experience Reviews for all who had put their name on the transfer list. Fourteen Title II positions were awarded, including myself, Debbie Tiller and other Fleet Service Clerks.

We tried to get the company to complete this prior to the Fleet Service RIF date and had also asked the Company to delay their report date by a month. (The Company refused.) We will continue to help these folks in getting their transfers back to Tulsa. No report dates have been set up as of yet.

Let’s not forget we are dealing with people’s lives here and let’s stick to the facts, not what is posted on a blog site.

Sam Cirri, President
Transport Workers Union of America Local 514

WeAAsles said:
I'm guessing that he was talking about you on here?

A lot of time and effort put into the credibility of posters on this forum. Rightly so! A continual  and necessary process I suppose. But a distraction from the current issues at hand. Can we move on from personal past axes to grind and focus on what lies ahead?

ograc said:
A lot of time and effort put into the credibility of posters on this forum. Rightly so! A continual  and necessary process I suppose. But a distraction from the current issues at hand. Can we move on from personal past axes to grind and focus on what lies ahead?
Sometimes there's not much else to talk about at a particular moment. Our negotiators will be starting up again tomorrow for 2 weeks in DFW. One guy was getting on a flight about an hour ago.

ograc said:
Fine with me. I said my piece. I really have nothing further to say on the subject.

La Li Lu Le Lo said:
Fine with me. I said my piece. I really have nothing further to say on the subject.
Actually I'd like to finish this conversation. So their were 14 people who were able to secure a Title 2 job and be able to stay in TUL. One of them that was accepted happened to be the then sitting President of Local 514 who was a FSC and not a Title 1 mechanic. Besides the work experience review were those 14 people chosen by seniority as well? What was Sam Cirris seniority? What was the seniority of Debbie Tiller?

Are you claiming that they shouldn't have qualified? Did you also put in a transfer and didn't get it? You said that you didn't have that much time with the company at the time you were laid off. Is that why you didn't get a spot? You have railed against the seniority way of doing things before so I have to ask. Were you just not senior enough to secure a Title 2 spot at that moment?

Back