2015 Pilot Discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
luvthe9 said:
I still to this day don't understand why the east had to hand over 20 plus percent of OUR flying to keep you in business..........should of let Project Zanzibar loose.

And remember you brought no wide body's to the merge........your team wanted to go it alone, you should have no rights to ours or AA's.

You do realize that ALL of our paychecks said "US Airways".  The US Airways that I worked for had wide bodies.  So simple a Luver could figure it out.

Reactions: 2 people
luvthe9 said:
Because its the mistake that took your entire airline down and left you in the fishbowl........you had it and gave it up.............."we all owned it anyway".......how's that working for you?

Pretty simple.....your GREED cost you. And again in STL there D S (not you) blew for you again.

This letter comes under the heading: "We told you this would happen and you have no one to blame but yourselves."

The PHX Reps are complaining that there has been no movement and in fact, the opposite is true. They were warned many times by many people that by refusing to negotiate with the East over Nicolau and insisting it would be Nicolau or nothing, they got nothing. Five attempts to negotiate with them over the years resulted in telling us in essence, "Go to hell." Now they complain that they have been left behind.

Parker and Kirby told them that without the East merger, they would have implemented the plan "Zanzibar," within 2 weeks entered bankruptcy, furloughed 20% of the pilots and most likely liquidation shortly after that since they had no money and no prospects of getting financing. So by merging, they now fly 24% of former East flights. They should be grateful for the opportunity of merging with an airline that was profitable.

So read the following with all this in mind and try not to shed any tears.

APA PHX Domicile Update: December 20, 2015

YOUR NAME IS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE LETTER.............,,,, .Wye do you still complain about the fishbowl......you did it to yourselves .................just saying

Sure...if you say so...it must be true (not really).

Reactions: 3 people
cactusboy53 said:

You're EXACTLY right.  That's why Lakefield was named the CEO of the new US Airways..oh, wait..uhm....

Don't worry.  The BOA really does get it.  Here's some proof from the arbitration panel that gave Phoenix a seat at the table:

[SIZE=12pt]ARBITRATOR JAVITS: All three lists. I guess the gravamen of the questions is are you then putting yourself in the place of Nicolau, are you the new Nicolau because you are proposing a list which may not reflect Nicolau's list? ….. And American pilots. And, therefore, you're making a proposal, which may be different than what Nicolau had in mind and issued back in '07.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]MR. FREUND (in closing): As the Chairman put it so nicely in his questioning of (NAME REDACTED FOR CRYBABIES), what the US -- what the East Committee, the US Airways Committee, the USAPA Committee, call it what you want, what it wants to do is to put itself in the place of George Nicolau and redo what George did in 2007.[/SIZE]

LOL!!!!! I am really going to enjoy this...

Reactions: 4 people
A320 Driver said:

America West was not the only game in town. 

"The harsh reality is that over the last twelve years American lost $10.3 billion and US Airways lost $3.4 billion. US Airways filed for bankruptcy twice during that period and without the merger with America West Airlines would have liquidated." USAirways response in DOJ Doc 79 page 4.

Reactions: 5 people
traderjake said:
"The harsh reality is that over the last twelve years American lost $10.3 billion and US Airways lost $3.4 billion. US Airways filed for bankruptcy twice during that period and without the merger with America West Airlines would have liquidated." USAirways response in DOJ Doc 79 page 4.
Parker: It's negotiating. Its what they're trying to do. To answer your questions, there was no doubt they were going to liquidate. That's not an oh maybe. That's simple. Board minutes, anything you want to look at, they all say this is the only alternative.

Now, to be fair, what you DON'T know is, What would have happened to America West if we hadn't done the merger? If you care what was going to happen to them you should care what was going to happen to US!! What I do know for certain, because I was running the place, is that we didn't have enough money to make it through the winter of 2005-2006. WE HAD INSUFFICIENT FUNDS TO MAKE IT THROUGH!

We could have possibly raised more funds...and made it through...and I'm not saying we wouldn't of...

Pilot ?: Even with loads at max capacity we didn't have cash to go through...

Parker: ABSOLUTELY NOT...NOT EVEN CLOSE!

Pilot ?: I think we had a ticket price problem.

Parker: Absolutely, of course we did.

Pilot ?: We were flying full airplanes, and your telling me we didn't have enough money?

Parker: So was Delta and Northwest...and they FILED BANKRUPTCY. It ran out of cash and we (AWA) would have run out of cash. The prices only went up when seats went away, it was a race to see whose seats went away and WE (AWA) KEPT OURS (SEATS) IN THE AIR BY DOING THE MERGER!! My strong belief and it's probably not as high as ninety nine percent but in the high eighties is that we'd be in bankruptcy now. We wouldn't have liquidated, we'd be in bankruptcy and we'd be going through cutting a bunch of airplanes and all this stuff that Northwest and Delta are doing and we'd be talking about concessions, not staying where we are because...I can tell you right now that I'd be telling you look guys, everyone else has gotten their labor costs down to ours, we have or I've always told you we have a revenue DISADVANTAGE because of where we fly, Phoenix and Las Vegas, we can't have costs the same, we've got to go even lower than where they are, and that's the conversation we'd be having right now. So that's where we were headed, I think, all this #### doesn't matter. It really doesn't cause what has happened is that none of that stuff happened. What happened is A BUNCH OF PEOPLE PUT IN MONEY BECAUSE THEY BELIEVED PUTTING THESE TWO COMPANIES TOGETHER WOULD WORK AND THAT WAS A MERGER, IT WASN'T AN ACQUISITION, WE DIDN'T HAVE ANY MONEY TO GO BUY US AIRWAYS. A billion dollars in new investment, it was 867 million came in, new investment, thinking that would work and we made it work. We made it work. We got to realize where we are instead of who, what was going to happen to whom, particularly when none of us know for certain.

traderjake said:
And here comes DE regurgitating the "urban myth" of the "we bought you" crowd when I posted these FACTS back in 2006. EVERYONE has filed BK the last 15 years.

I'm simply amazed the same ole same ole keeps getting vomited up by the DE and Westicle crowd of how unfair their lots in life have become.

Reactions: 6 people
end_of_alpa said:
And here comes DE regurgitating the "urban myth" of the "we bought you" crowd when I posted these FACTS back in 2006. EVERYONE has filed BK the last 15 years.
I'm simply amazed the same ole same ole keeps getting vomited up by the DE and Westicle crowd of how unfair their lots in life have become.
I remember when AWA was in bankruptcy and furloughing in Spring 2005... oh wait..we were growing, hiring, upgrading and preparing to acquire / merge with an airline that needed a helping hand.

cactusboy53 said:
You do realize that ALL of our paychecks said "US Airways".  The US Airways that I worked for had wide bodies.  So simple a Luver could figure it out.

Geez, didn't the Mid Atlantic pilots paychecks say US Airways........funny how that seems to work.

Reactions: 3 people
end_of_alpa said:
Parker: It's negotiating. Its what they're trying to do. To answer your questions, there was no doubt they were going to liquidate. That's not an oh maybe. That's simple. Board minutes, anything you want to look at, they all say this is the only alternative.
Now, to be fair, what you DON'T know is, What would have happened to America West if we hadn't done the merger? If you care what was going to happen to them you should care what was going to happen to US!! What I do know for certain, because I was running the place, is that we didn't have enough money to make it through the winter of 2005-2006. WE HAD INSUFFICIENT FUNDS TO MAKE IT THROUGH!
We could have possibly raised more funds...and made it through...and I'm not saying we wouldn't of...
Pilot ?: Even with loads at max capacity we didn't have cash to go through...
Parker: ABSOLUTELY NOT...NOT EVEN CLOSE!
Pilot ?: I think we had a ticket price problem.
Parker: Absolutely, of course we did.
Pilot ?: We were flying full airplanes, and your telling me we didn't have enough money?
Parker: So was Delta and Northwest...and they FILED BANKRUPTCY. It ran out of cash and we (AWA) would have run out of cash. The prices only went up when seats went away, it was a race to see whose seats went away and WE (AWA) KEPT OURS (SEATS) IN THE AIR BY DOING THE MERGER!! My strong belief and it's probably not as high as ninety nine percent but in the high eighties is that we'd be in bankruptcy now. We wouldn't have liquidated, we'd be in bankruptcy and we'd be going through cutting a bunch of airplanes and all this stuff that Northwest and Delta are doing and we'd be talking about concessions, not staying where we are because...I can tell you right now that I'd be telling you look guys, everyone else has gotten their labor costs down to ours, we have or I've always told you we have a revenue DISADVANTAGE because of where we fly, Phoenix and Las Vegas, we can't have costs the same, we've got to go even lower than where they are, and that's the conversation we'd be having right now. So that's where we were headed, I think, all this #### doesn't matter. It really doesn't cause what has happened is that none of that stuff happened. What happened is A BUNCH OF PEOPLE PUT IN MONEY BECAUSE THEY BELIEVED PUTTING THESE TWO COMPANIES TOGETHER WOULD WORK AND THAT WAS A MERGER, IT WASN'T AN ACQUISITION, WE DIDN'T HAVE ANY MONEY TO GO BUY US AIRWAYS. A billion dollars in new investment, it was 867 million came in, new investment, thinking that would work and we made it work. We made it work. We got to realize where we are instead of who, what was going to happen to whom, particularly when none of us know for certain.
LALALALALA THEY CAN'T HEAR YOU.

If they believe that it undermines their whole narative.

luvthe9 said:
Geez, didn't the Mid Atlantic pilots paychecks say US Airways........funny how that seems to work.
I don't know. I never worked there. Hey..aren't those the SAME guys that were told NO 3 TIMES (2 Arbitration & 1 Court proceeding)??!!??

cactusboy53 said:
I don't know. I never worked there. Hey..aren't those the SAME guys that were told NO 3 TIMES (2 Arbitration & 1 Court proceeding)??!!??
. Maybe , but on the last bid they were told they are Captains and ur in a fishbowl as an F/O for the foreseeable future!

Reactions: 8 people
cactusboy53 said:
I remember when AWA was in bankruptcy and furloughing in Spring 2005... oh wait..we were growing, hiring, upgrading and preparing to acquire / merge with an airline that needed a helping hand.

http://www.secinfo.com
America West Airlines Inc. 10-Q 06/30/05

Our obligations also impair our ability to obtain additional financing, if needed, and our flexibility in the conduct of our business. Our existing indebtedness is secured by substantially all of our assets, leaving us with limited collateral for additional financing. Moreover, the terms of the government guaranteed loan restrict our ability to incur additional indebtedness or issue equity unless we use the proceeds of those transactions to repay the loan, require prepayment if our employee compensation costs exceed a certain threshold, require us to maintain a minimum cash balance of $100 million, and restrict our ability to take certain other actions, including mergers and acquisitions, investments and asset sales.

Growing, hiring and upgrading ...............sure, Dorothy ........you were the up and coming airline

"May 9 Scott Kirby, revealed Project Zanzibar It is now beyond dispute that the junior AW pilot, Dave Odell, and 300-400 other AW F/Os hired in 2002-05 would have been furloughed absent the US merger, as AW went into Chapter 11, perhaps never to emerge. "

This is going to be fun to watch!...........OK now swim to the left.

Reactions: 6 people
cactusboy53 said:
Again, you were not and YOU CAN'T READ NOR UNDERSTAND COMPREHENSION. Keep living in your fishbowl, DipShip.

Reactions: 9 people
Status
Not open for further replies.