737 reconfiguration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't reduce it, keep it at 20!!!!

Mikey, I know you posted on the old board that 20 was too hard for the F/A's to handle, but TWA's 80's had 20 in first and their F/A's did just fine.[:p]

Less seats up front means less chance to upgrade, which means less incentive for the frequent flyer to use AA.

mAArky

Reactions: 1 person
No I never said 20 was too much to handle. We have 22 F/C seats on the 757. It works for the markets it tends to fly The same can not be said for the 737, in the markets its mainly flying.

Far too many F/C seats are being filled with oversales. We need the M/C seats in the caribbean tight now.

I dunno Mikey, AA is using 737's on some transcons, and I'm booked on one SFO-ORD in a couple of weeks. It would seem to me that those are markets that can support 20 F seats. They also use 757/767 on those routes.

What are M/C seats?

----------------
On 8/20/2002 3:06:38 PM

1AA

The logo you use is 13.4K and takes 6 seconds to load on a 28.8 connection, could you make it smaller, please.[:)]
----------------

Sorry if it takes to long to load for you. On my server it comes up quick, less than 6 seconds. That is without DSL. If this is an issue with you then I will try to find another logo that is smaller. I did not have this problem on the old format.

----------------
On 8/20/2002 3:52:48 PM

I dunno Mikey, AA is using 737's on some transcons, and I'm booked on one SFO-ORD in a couple of weeks. It would seem to me that those are markets that can support 20 F seats. They also use 757/767 on those routes.

What are M/C seats?
----------------
Next time you are on a flight. Take a aisle seat, sip your champage and slowly turn your head across the aisle and twards the rear. Continue for 90 degees. The blue seats you see and the masses of people are in what we like to call "coach" Dont worry its no where you have to go.

If they coose to maintain a percentage of A/c that will not be over water qualified than maybe 20 F/C could work for them. But since the plane is now doing the old 727 routes, 20 is just to many. We arn't using them for FT's. I am seeing cabin after cabin of PPR's and OS's.

----------------
On 8/20/2002 8:44:35 PM

I know that having 14 seats in F/C on the 737 will make it easier to work, but it will also mean one less bid position for domestic flight attendants. Given the retirement of the F100s and our schedule cuts, one less bid position, for me, translates into more overages in staffing needs. That is never a good thing.[:knockout:]
----------------
Domestic bids only 1, 2, and 4. Number 3 is the VMC. On international we always bid a standard 4. Even with the change the F.A.A. mins wont change. In fact there will be more seats on the plane. Just fewer in First.

I know that having 14 seats in F/C on the 737 will make it easier to work, but it will also mean one less bid position for domestic flight attendants. Given the retirement of the F100s and our schedule cuts, one less bid position, for me, translates into more overages in staffing needs. That is never a good thing.[:knockout:]

Domestic bids only 1, 2, and 4. Number 3 is the VMC. On international we always bid a standard 4. Even with the change the F.A.A. mins wont change. In fact there will be more seats on the plane. Just fewer in First.
----------------
[/quote]

Domestic 737 bids 4 postions. Yes, the 3 is VMC, but it is a bid position on all domestic 737 flights because of the 20 f/c seats. Would need the reconfigured 737 to seat 150 pax to minimum bid 4 postions, don't think it will seat that many reconfigured to 14 f/c.

Hopefully they will take there sweet time doing the seat removal. Then maybe attrition will absorb the staffing reduction. Remember when they took the extra F/C seats out of the s80? That felt like it was practically done over night.

Oh well.

----------------
On 8/21/2002 12:29:49 AM

Hopefully they will take there sweet time doing the seat removal. Then maybe attrition will absorb the staffing reduction. Remember when they took the extra F/C seats out of the s80? That felt like it was practically done over night.

Oh well.

----------------
I hope it will be fast. We need those seats to sell down here. Any anticipated reduction in people will be figured in to the leaves, part time flying and shared line flying.

Status
Not open for further replies.