A330 reconfig

How many of your mighty 777s do you have compared to US' 330s? :rolleyes:

We presently have 8 777's i believe, compared to US Airways 9 A330's. But really, comparing the mighty 777 to the squeamish A330 is like comparing a brand-new Mercedes SL500 to a slightly used 1997 Ford Taurus. That inferior only has a maximum range of 5,500 miles :lol: :lol: :lol: It couldn't even make LAX-NRT. No wonder boy wonder wants Delta so bad. Your fleet is a joke. Although it really isn't even your fleet, 90% is leased. :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock:

We presently have 8 777's i believe, compared to US Airways 9 A330's. But really, comparing the mighty 777 to the squeamish A330 is like comparing a brand-new Mercedes SL500 to a slightly used 1997 Ford Taurus. That inferior only has a maximum range of 5,500 miles :lol: :lol: :lol: It couldn't even make LAX-NRT. No wonder boy wonder wants Delta so bad. Your fleet is a joke. Although it really isn't even your fleet, 90% is leased. :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock:

WOW!! I can't believe how worked up some people can get over things that are completely out of their control. Yes Delta flies 777 and US flies A330, but it's not as if we the frontline employees get to choose the aircraft type bought by the company. It is more about which aircraft is the better deal at the time of purchase. As to comparing aircraft to cars remember Mercedes is built in Germany (with exception of the M class built in Alabama) Airbus is also part German. In the future you may want to compare Mercedes (A330) to Cadillac (B777).

No wonder boy wonder wants Delta so bad. Your fleet is a joke. Although it really isn't even your fleet, 90% is leased. :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock:
Delta777, you sound like a whiney, spoiled brat from a family that everyone THINKS is rich simply by looking at the materialistic things they have. But peel back the onion and there's a far different picture.

Am I the only one that finds it laughable that you sit here and preach the merrits of how much better you think DAL is than LCC when a quick look at the two companies' 10-Q filings for Q3 tell a far different story. All those owned airplanes you boast about must be contributing to the $4.2B loss your wonderful company sustained in the first 9 months of 2006. Compare that to LCC's $300M+(combined carriers) Net PROFIT in the same period.

So, don't make it seem like DAL owns all it's planes clear and free. Fat chance. I'm sure some of that $6.4B reported liability and debt are going towards servicing the payments on them, as well as the leases on 53 757-200s, 29 767-300/300ERs and 57 MD-88s.

Again - like the family that wants everyone to think they have it all, you hide the fact that you're drowning in debt and only days away from putting a for sale sign out front.

:lol: :lol: And YOUR Delta May NOT BE Y-O-U-R Delta either! :up: (Probablem lies in that MANY of US don't want any part of Your Delta either!)

It is my understanding First Class will remain in Row 1, Business Class will be Rows 2-5. Current seating configuration of 6F/36B/224Y = 266 and the new configuration will become 6F/24B/263Y = 293, and increase of 27 seats.

The aft two rows of Business Class and the class dividers will be removed in the mid zone, seat pitch will be reduced in the entire zone, and four rows of coach seats will be added where the aft business class seats were previously installed. In the aft zone, one additional row of coach seats will be added.

The coach seats will now comprise rows 6-39, with the aft coach cabin starting at row 23 (at door 3). There will be one additonal row in coach with three seats in the middle, rows 35-39 (5 rows total).

The current tentative reconfiguration schedule is as follows:

Track One

277 12/17/06 - 1/5/07
276 1/6/07 - 1/23/07
270 1/24/07 - 2/10/07
274 2/11/07 - 2/16/07

Track Two

271 1/07/07 - 1/13/07
272 1/14/07 - 1/20/07
273 1/21/07 - 1/27/07
275 1/28/07 - 2/3/07
278 2/4/07 - 2/10/07

Best regards,

USA320Pilot

The aft two rows of Business Class and the class dividers will be removed in the mid zone, seat pitch will be reduced in the entire zone, and four rows of coach seats will be added where the aft business class seats were previously installed. In the aft zone, one additional row of coach seats will be added.

The coach seats will now comprise rows 6-39, with the aft coach cabin starting at row 23 (at door 3). There will be one additonal row in coach with three seats in the middle, rows 35-39 (5 rows total).

Best regards,

USA320Pilot

It seams they should be able to add the 4 rows of coach in the mid zone without reducing the generous 34' pitch in the current forward coach class zone. There's 120 or so right now in the Envoy mid zone plus another 4-5 for the divider and current row 8 legroom.

Fav. AC...

Big Bad A$$ 747-400 Galaxy cruisers.

Cool looking 2-4-2 (coach) A330 Spaceships.

Dreamy 787 Star ships...

Did I mention flying fossil DC-9s?

I tried searching the photo database looking for the repaint new US Airways Livery on their first 330, I guess there aren't any, does anyone have any pictures of any they've seen? What is the registration number of first 330 with repaint new livery? And so what next will be the other reg numbers of their 330s schedule for their repaint new livery?

Thanks for any responses

thank God the merger is all but dead.

1. Creditor's committee hires Gordon Bethune for advice.
2. And now he's meeting with Doug Parker this week.
3. Creditor's committee hires anti-trust lawyers for advice.
4. Morgan Stanley is now another financier of the proposal.
Sure doesn't sound dead to me. Sounds like they are giving this some serious thought.

1. Creditor's committee hires Gordon Bethune for advice.
2. And now he's meeting with Doug Parker this week.
3. Creditor's committee hires anti-trust lawyers for advice.
4. Morgan Stanley is now another financier of the proposal.
Sure doesn't sound dead to me. Sounds like they are giving this some serious thought.

Yet still no call for due diligence. :blink: