AA TWU -vs- IBT

xUT

Veteran
Dec 28, 2009
SanFranFreako, KommieFornia
Now that it is official that the IBT is organizing the TWU at AA, why do we not see the discussion between the two.?

CIO, HSS, Overspeed, etc... why are you not here defending the TWU against the IBT?

B) xUT

Now that the IBT is actively organizing the AA mechanics, I can't wait for the $50 an hour.

The one good thing about BK, is that no more can AA say we can't pay you because of we have OH, AA had the chance to outsource our OH and they thought better of it.

Now that it is official that the IBT is organizing the TWU at AA, why do we not see the discussion between the two.?

CIO, HSS, Overspeed, etc... why are you not here defending the TWU against the IBT?

B) xUT
I believe the silence of the TWBoo in defending their current status of representing us can be interpreted as an endorsement for the IBT to take the baton. I for one will never support any endorsement by our pos Union. The difference between our present AMFA interest VS this new IBT attempt to me is that the pursuit of a mechanics Union that was created by our own efforts rather than an 800lb gorilla trying to come in and force themselves upon us will have a much better chance of succeeding.

Reactions: 1 person
Something tells me that the TWU is going to cede mechanic representation to the Teamsters in exchange for Fleet Service at USAir?

Do you really believe the IBT is raiding the TWU?

Are you that ate up with dumbass to believe such a thing?

View This Document and Think Again...

http://www.amfa-aa.c...WU_CAL_ramp.pdf

Where are the Dual Unionism Charges against those supporting Teamsters?

I was prohibited from running for Elected Office for 5 years and placed in bad standing for 3 years for Dual Unionism and now there is nothing?

File TWU unbecoming conduct charges on any Teamster Supporter you see and let's see the uniform punishment required by the TWU Constitution. I smell another RAT.

Reactions: 2 people
I got threatened of dual unionism but it was from a has-been TWU president. I didn't really take it serious. He heard from a guy that heard from a guy that heard I was passing out Teamsters cards.

Something tells me that the TWU is going to cede mechanic representation to the Teamsters in exchange for Fleet Service at USAir?

So I understand an AFL/CIO-TWU affiliated organization is working in collusion with a non-AFL/CIO-IBT organization to work a deal. How do we get a statement by the AFL/CIO as to why the TWBoo should be allowed this sell-out of it's membership?

So I understand an AFL/CIO-TWU affiliated organization is working in collusion with a non-AFL/CIO-IBT organization to work a deal. How do we get a statement by the AFL/CIO as to why the TWBoo should be allowed this sell-out of it's membership?
It would not be a sellout, more like a trade. Mechanic representation in exchange for Fleet Service? Also there is documented history of the TWU and the IBT of working together. Remember the goal being to prevent AMFA from representing either

It would not be a sellout, more like a trade. Mechanic representation in exchange for Fleet Service? Also there is documented history of the TWU and the IBT of working together. Remember the goal being to prevent AMFA from representing either

That' why I started this thread. Clearly, the IBT & TWU are in collusion in some back door trade off. So now AMFA has to deal with both IBT 'spoilers' and TWU.

B) xUT

I got threatened of dual unionism but it was from a has-been TWU president. I didn't really take it serious. He heard from a guy that heard from a guy that heard I was passing out Teamsters cards.

IF you can get a one for one trade on a signed AMFA card for your signed Teamster cards, go for it Buster.
You can get a bunch of one signers on AMFA and give them many Buster signed Teamster cards in exchange. Only one of those will count though....LOL