Alpa Provides Proposal To Management

I guess mwiess, would rather have master and servant still or the feudal system, child labor, and sweatshops.

Yep your true class warfare is showing, screw the common worker as long as you get yours!

700UW said:
Yep your true class warfare is showing, screw the common worker as long as you get yours!
That's mighty funny...I've been the "common worker" for well over a decade. So, if I get mine, how is that class warfare???

mweiss said:
OK...let's focus specifically on your comment of "an honest wage for an honest day's work," with reference to "all those free hours of pay that you [a salaried employee] are not getting [paid for]." Is this different from the "all those free hours of pay that" flight attendants aren't getting paid for, as negotiated by AFA?

Yes, I removed "a necessary" from your quote. That's just an additional adjective.
MW: I see your sharp-tongued retorts haven't lost their ability to incite <_< .

There is no real difference (to me) concerning extra free hours with Flight Attendants. To speak of negotiated intent.....I cannot say since I am not a member of the AFA.

The route system is an unpredictable variable by design and you cannot expect all F/A's to carry their very own personal ACARS unit to compute when they get paid or not.

Allow me to correct your last statement. It should read "Companies are evil" when considering UAIR and it's abominable lot of charlatans!!!!

Furthermore, Had it not been for labor agreements at UAIR....the only fools remaining employed would be those working for the heck of it. Because that is how they would be getting paid. And everyone else would be gone.

BTW, This entire debate originated from a statement of laying off employees out of seniority order.....and implying that it was alright thing to do :eek: ??? Let's stay focused :p !!

E-TRONS said:
BTW, This entire debate originated from a statement of laying off employees out of seniority order.....and implying that it was alright thing to do :eek: ??? Let's stay focused :p !!
Good, I'm glad we got back to this. Laying off at all levels of seniority keeps the natural order of things and forces people to work harder to justify their continued employment.

USA320Pilot said:
Just one more point...

The pay cut proposal will reduce US Airways' pilot pay rates below America West pay rates, and increase the pay cap to the highest level of any legacy carrier.

Why is the pay cut so big? Because the pilots want their DC Plan left untouched and no more pilot furloughs.

ALPA presented a serious offer to the company, and they have acknowledged that fact to the Negotiating Committee. The MEC engaged in good faith bargaining, and now it's time for the company to engage in good faith bargaining too.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
USA320,

Very nice exercise for you guys, however....watch now how this works.....

Management will give you their proposal, and it will be like you never presented anything....and if you haven't learned from past history with this mangment, dejevue will spring on you quickly.

They are going after all of it. Furloughs are in your horizon, and everyone elses. :down:

Light Years said:
So the pilots stance is that they'll take a hefty pay cut (as in actual pay) in return for keeping the DC plan and current list. Fair enough.

I wonder if the F/As would be interested in negotiating a deal where only the current F/As keep pensions etc, and anyone recalled or hired in the future would have a better profit sharing or 401k plan instead. This seems to be how the LCCs save a lot on employees costs.
Light years,

Becareful what you wish for....there is no 401K match that is any where near better than a "Defined Pension Plan".

However, if you future returnees would like to forfiet DP....just let AFA know. The company would absolutely love that generousity from you guys.

USA320Pilot said:
The “Transformation Planâ€￾ envisions flying high frequency quick turns in markets like Boston, New York, Philadelphia, and Washington to Atlanta, Detroit, Chicago, Minneapolis, St. Louis, Dallas, Houston, etc. These routes have high O&D revenue and are where people want to fly point-to-point, therefore, an aircraft with a lower CASM such as the A320 family aircraft provide better economics than the 70 to 110-seat aircraft per management’s business plan presentation provided last week to the pilots.
Please tell me that US management is smart enough than to believe they are going to dump a bunch of capacity into AA, CO, DL, NW, and UA's hubs and succeed. Last time I checked, US is outserved by their competitors in most of these markets.

USA320Pilot said:
The plan above should get ALPA near the $295 million annual cost reduction and include a bankruptcy S.1113 letter, per ALPA's negotiating term sheet and MEC direction.

Finally, there is reason to believe the company is preparing for a pre-packaged Chapter 11 bankruptcy filing, which will keep the ATSB funds intact, not require DIP financing, and provide a POR within 180 days.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
USSA20,

Are you saying that the government gave U relief on the ATSB to include a BK?

How so?

mweiss said:
Once again: "A union is...EVIL."

Yes, I removed "a necessary" from your quote. That's just an additional adjective.
How about removing a different adjective instead.

In the airline biz, unions are simply necessary.

ALPA at DL and the Dispatchers are unionized also.

And the DL employees had their penisons frozen and changed also.

And the highest % of unionized employees is WN, and they are the highest paid also and boy they sure do know how to make a profit.

USFlyer said:
Not to burst your bubble, but ... I'm a salaried employee who is only required to work 40 hours/week. However, the job, with travel time, often entails 75-80 hours/week. I don't see one penny for the additional hours (nor have I had any raises, bonuses or benefit increases in the past three years either). And, neither do any of the other hard working, salaried folk who live and work in the US.
Well that is a pretty generalized broad-brush statment, wouldn't you say?

All the hard-working salaried US Employees putting in 75-80 hours a week and getting paid for only a measley 40 hours....... :lol:

Flight crew receive approx 20 hours of pay in a week, and put in approx 105 hour per month. NO SALARY GUARANTEE.

NO WORKEE; NO MONEY!

PITbull said:
Well that is a pretty generalized broad-brush statment, wouldn't you say?

All the hard-working salaried US Employees putting in 75-80 hours a week and getting paid for only a measley 40 hours....... :lol:
Jeez, where did I say US employees? I don't have a clue what goes on in CCY, nor do I really care. I'm speaking totally from my own experience, where working 75-80 hours/week is norm. I should know better than to have this discussion yet again on this board ... it's not worth the time.

Latest posts