IAM Fleet Service topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's see, UA to layoff 600 union workers by the end of the year, CO to outsource ground handling at AVL, TYS, GSP, SAV, BHM, MHT....fuel prices sky rocketing, the economy in general ( a big thumbs down), and you want to risk voting no on May 08-th.......WAKE-UP PEOPLE

Let's see, UA to layoff 600 union workers by the end of the year, CO to outsource ground handling at AVL, TYS, GSP, SAV, BHM, MHT....fuel prices sky rocketing, the economy in general ( a big thumbs down), and you want to risk voting no on May 08-th.......WAKE-UP PEOPLE
With the merger and loss of protections for both east and west, loss of everything....we can't afford to vote yes. United or American will have to deal with us sooner than 2011. Sorry.

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago

727_4_ever,

Does anyone know if the West contract allows for pay while off for family FMLA? I believe I read that it did but don't have a copy anymore. That would be just one more thing that the west would be losing in this T/A or by going to the East's crap contract.

Yes, you can use sick pay for FMLA. The problem is most employees only have a couple of days and at most 10 days saved up.

P. REZ

Hey cltrat--

that's actually a buck forty-eight, get your numbers straight.

I can only dream of being as altruistic and compassionate as you...ha ha ha ha

go nibble on some cheese, rat....

"Well here is what you need to remember. This is not a cost neautral deal in a sense."

-So,what? Are executive or Iam pay cost neutral? Will your coming dues increase be cost neutral(note proper spelling) to you?

"What gets lost here is the fact that the hubs and class 1 have already been at the higher wages for sometime."

-Again, so what? The douchebags at the IAM used the same BK scare tactics they are using now to impose a substandard contract on fleet service. I guarantee you that the same idiots who voted themselves into our current mess are pushing to approve this current reaming.

"So I understand the hubs problems with this deal but as I have said before its time to move on and get everybody under one deal and become a stronger group."

-WTF???!!!!! Have you overdosed on Kool Canale Aid?

"I do also believe that a merger should only make us stonger and be a gain in the long term"

-Inane, irrelevant.

WTF,
VERY GOOD points. Bravo.
fuzz you see how hard it is to deal with the company on a T/A what makes you think DOOOOOOOOOWN the road they are going
to be any different. THE FIGHT IS NOW ... by the way . If your struggling now with gas prices. and such what do you
think you will doing 2 to 3 yrs from now at 19.00 hr . and inflation continues to go up and we will be behind the curve on that
I'll tell ya . You'll be struggling and bitching at 19.00 hr because it will worth about 15 to 16 dollars in todays economy

"Word on the secret underground is that United Airlines and US Airways may be in talks to merge, and may even announce their plans as early as TODAY. Other reports say that they're waiting on union approval and could postpone an announcement in early May."

wonder what union they are talking about. heres a hint. THE IAM ....... so if you guys haven't figured it out . they don't want to

flip there cards until after OUR vote. funny I thought we couldn't hold up a merger. seems that COC thing is a big road block .

wonder why ......... WAKE UP FOLKS . vote yes . merge and lose your job . so much for your 4.00 an hour raise......can't really

blame the west for the naiveness this all new. But for the east side. if you've been around 10 or more years how many times

are you going to watch the same re-run until you figure out the plot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts