IAM Fleet Service topic (Mini Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you kindly go somewhere else and peddle your wares! This is a ramp forum. You do not work on the US ramp.
Like I said there was an election the IAM came out on top, the USWA was 2nd and the IBT third, then there was a runoff election between the IAM and USWA and the IAM won.

Care to refute it?

And anyone can post on US Aviation.

From US Air Annual Report 1995 for the year 1994:

Annual Report

During 1994, certain unions engaged in efforts to unionize USAir's fleet service employees. The Railway Labor Act governs, and the NMB has jurisdiction over, campaigns to unionize workers.
On May 17, 1994, the NMB tabulated the results of an election among the class or craft of approximately 7,700 USAir fleet service employees. In the election, none of the three unions that sought to represent this class or craft received a majority of the vote; however, a majority of the eligible employees cast ballots in favor of union representation.

Accordingly, the NMB ordered and conducted a runoff election to determine which of the IAM or the USWA, the two unions that received the most votes, would represent this class or craft. The IAM won the runoff election and on July 22, 1994 the NMB certified the IAM to represent the fleet service class or craft. The IAM already represents approximately 8,300 USAir mechanics and related employees. Under the Railway Labor Act, which governs labor relations in the airline industry, USAir is obligated to negotiate a collective bargaining agreement with the IAM governing the terms and conditions of employment for the fleet service employees.

Voting for the IAM was the second biggest mistake we made. There has never been anybody on any NC that ever had a set. We finally got someone on this last one and we see what happened to them.

"Anyone can post on US Aviation"...... Just because you can do something dosn't necessarily mean you should.

Cat,

Very good post of the goings on in LAS. You have brought to light some of the things that we should all be aware of but aren't. One being how inept the agc's are. Whenever you ask them a question, The answer is "I DON'T KNOW I'LL GET BACK TO YOU ON THAT". Which means if they answer the questions without getting approval to answer union questions by union members, that they stand to get booted from their union paycheck position. One of the ones that was in LAS for your meeting is especially good for I'LL GET BACK TO YOU ON IT. Beware LAS, beware.

Not from what from my sources in LAS said. While there wasn't much of a crowd, the small groups were in spirited debates and the AGC's were more than willing to answer questions by providing decent explanations, along with written proof when requested. The discussions were polite, yet poignant. Sources tell me that LAS will vote "Yes", as so will PHX vote "Yes", and don't look for a "No" landslide in CLT.

Sorry, I didn't hear any mention of tar, feathers and a couple of one-way tickets on Amtrak.

So Heard Jester.

Was this one of the IBEW guys you were using?

On March 18, 2008, in the United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania, Joseph Capece, former Business Manager and Financial-Secretary of IBEW Local Union 163, was sentenced to six months imprisonment, two years probation (to include six months in home confinement), fined $4000 and ordered to pay a special assessment fee of $100. On September 11, 2007, Capece pled guilty to one count of embezzling union funds in the amount of $256,000. Capece had previously made restitution of the full amount, plus any other costs associated with his crime. The sentencing follows an investigation by the OLMS Philadelphia District Office.

Was it John Dougherty?

Who made over $200,000 from the IBEW last year?

The problem with your statement is that with Jonny Doc, the rank and file support him 100%, because he fights for them 100%. They do not have a problem with his salary because of that. OTOH canoli has shown nothing but disdain for the rank and file that pay his salary, AND HAS SHOWN REPEATEDLY THAT HE IS MANAGEMENT, therefore we have a problem with him. Like you always say, "stop comapring apples to oranges" so to speak.

Jester Sources tell me that LAS will vote "Yes", as so will PHX vote "Yes", and don't look for a "No" landslide in CLT.

perhaps you need better sources

Phx is not going to have much reduction if any at all. It actually passed PHl last year or so I in the nations fastest growing cities. LAS might have some pullback but again its another one of the fastest cities growing. The unique thing about LAS is might be the only place in the nation where you can have late night flights that operate profitably due to all the tourism/nightlife.
I think your opinion is in the vast minority when it comes to a merger with United. Even Canale realizes that PHX and LAS are toast with United and he's on the UA board of Directors.

But if PHX is allowed to stay then there are many east siders that been wanting to retire to a sun city and a reduction in force may be just what the doctor ordered for them to get there. PHX at best will be PHilly west. IMO, it is absolutely unthinkable and mind boggling why any west sider would give up the best protections in the industry. Fear is fueling their yes vote because reasonable thinking isn't on the yes vote side.

If this contract gets in, the west actually loses alot more than the east, especially after the seniority list are combined. There won't be any flushing but it will have the same result as most east siders have over 20 years and when the date of hire is used, 95% of the west in PHX wil have their collective rears at the bottom of the list which isn't a nice place to be with a United merger.

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago

IMO, it is absolutely unthinkable and mind boggling why any west sider would give up the best protections in the industry. Fear is fueling their yes vote because reasonable thinking isn't on the yes vote side.

I beg to differ Tim. Paying $3.50 at the pump and the potential $3.50 an hour raise is fueling their YES vote.

I DO believe the COMPANY will impose the east contract on us and I have some thoughts on why. The company wants this over so they can move on. The east contract saves them a lot of money. They were required to have merger talks with us. They followed through with this for 2 years! They wanted the 2 year extension. Honey, that is very important to them. They wanted to be able to have their costs figured for future meger information. They did not want to have the unknows of sec 6 for the east contract next year. Sec 6 negotiations would take another 2 to 3 years. This is our second TA vote. The company's done. They have fulfilled their part. If we vote this down, they will keep their word and we will have the east contract. They will say they did their best to reach a merger contract and Fleet wouldn't agree. They will pull the old, we tried our best for two years and Fleet was unreasonable. They will say we went into meadiation and everything, got a TA and again Fleet voted it down. They'll say, What else could we do? We tried. Then they will be giddy with excitment as they hold their swords high swinging madly at the field stations. I simply can't bare the thought of that Timmy!
Wow. I'm not the smartest guy in the world but I do know 100% that the company can't impose the east contract on you guys. It doesn't have the authority and this isn't a cooling off period where you will be striking. I also guarantee you that Canale never said that NOR will he because he agrees with me on this as do all other labor advocates that actually know the RLA.

It has nothing to do with contract votes either. The only way a company can impose its wishes on you is after a cooling off period. Although I know RR isn't educated on the RLA, I would simply ask you to ask NG, JR, PF or even Randy Canale because although they want to see this contract come in, I would like to think that they will tell you the truth that the company 'no way in hell' can impose the east contract on you or anyone else.

Look, you westies are severely ignorant on these things. The only one in PHX that most likely knows how this works isn't RR but Prez, ask him if you don't believe me.

Contract comparison to our bankrupt contracts of 2002 & 2003

regards,
Tim Nelson

You are correct Mr. Nelson. I just looked at the system seniority roster and the East has as many FT/PT at the 20 year mark as The West coast total roster.

The new TA if passed will allow all previous furlough fleet service agents to come back with full seniority for pay and biding?
not necessarily. There is a 3-6 month window only. But any employee who already turned down recall is already severed from the company. For those who have recall to their closed station and are CURRENTLY on involuntary layoff can submit a new recall station to be placed on. Then if they get recalled before the seniority integration list is put together [3 months but no more than 6 by contract]. After the list is put together, you screwed again. Sorry.

This company is in lay off mode right now so I doubt anyone gets recalled. With the United merger, many west stations will start being downsized. That is why Hemenway wants to eliminate the rights the west currently enjoys and that is why Hemenway wanted to change the reduction in force language to restrict full timers who get bumped from having part-time recall rights [since many westies are part time]. It will be in the new contract and once ratified it will be NON NEGOTIABLE.

Contract comparison with 2002 & 2003 bankrupt contracts

regards,
Tim Nelson

Status
Not open for further replies.