AMFA......read on

AANOTOK said:
x2

Bottom line is, the less you pay your worker, the more the rich make.
Seems to me there are some pretty rich folks in fast food...ask Jack or Wendy  B)
And I'm sure Jack or Wendy would be more than happy to pay someone $15 an hour, to flip burgers, as long as you'd be happy to pay $9.00 for a whopper.

blue collar said:
The same has been said (by Parker) about fleet service.
When hamburgers start weighing 80 pounds and have to be bagged in inclement weather maybe I will agree with you.

Zom JFK said:
This is what working people think of each other. No wonder we are in the shape were in.
I believe in fair. Forcing an employer to pay 15 dollars an hour to do a job in a comfortable environment with no skill involvement and a never ending supply of workers is in no way fair. You know the difference between someone who has been flipping burgers for 2 months and someone that has been flipping burgers for 30 years? Nothing. 

AANOTOK said:
x2

Bottom line is, the less you pay your worker, the more the rich make.
Seems to me there are some pretty rich folks in fast food...ask Jack or Wendy  B)
Jack and Wendy took decades to build up their business. They are wealthy because they have so many franchises contributing to their income. The fact is with franchising Wendy's has found a great way to enjoy successes while mitigating any risk. That still does not mean Wendy's should have to pay 15 an hour because all your really doing is screwing the franchisee. 

southwind said:
And I'm sure Jack or Wendy would be more than happy to pay someone $15 an hour, to flip burgers, as long as you'd be happy to pay $9.00 for a whopper.
The problem with paying everyone 15 an hour is 15 becomes the new "minimum wage" then all the prices go up. The people that are now making 15 an hour pretty much wind up exactly where they were before and everyone else loses buying power.

Feel free to continue advocating against America's working class if you must.

I'll say only this: If you truly think that fast food is a "comfortable environment," you likely never paid attention to what's going on behind the register.

I'll take the ramp anyday, thanks...

La Li Lu Le Lo said:
When hamburgers start weighing 80 pounds and have to be bagged in inclement weather maybe I will agree with you.
It won't be me you would be agreeing with, it's Doug Parker. I agree with other posters here, that we - the working class - shouldn't be tearing each other down, we should be bringing others up.

Sorry a lot of us missed the AMFA cookout. Come to find out the TWU stooges removed the fliers. They were also warning (threatening) us that if we went through the turnstiles one minute too soon or too late that we would get CR-1s. And that's how it works here at TULE. TWU and AA working hand in hand.

BigMac said:
Sorry a lot of us missed the AMFA cookout. Come to find out the TWU stooges removed the fliers. They were also warning (threatening) us that if we went through the turnstiles one minute too soon or too late that we would get CR-1s. And that's how it works here at TULE. TWU and AA working hand in hand.
And after all these years of TWU threats and lies, you still believe that crap?

BigMac said:
Are you saying the TWU is acting like a bunch of thugs? Is that the situation in Tulsa. I hope not because that would mean that people from Oklahoma don't have the testicle fortitude to stand up to a bully.

bigjets said:
Are you saying the TWU is acting like a bunch of thugs? Is that the situation in Tulsa. I hope not because that would mean that people from Oklahoma don't have the testicle fortitude to stand up to a bully.
It looks that way since 74% voted yes.  Also the lack of AMFA cards from Tulsa is an obvious indication on how the majority of Tulsa are sheep.

Kev3188 said:
I'll say only this: If you truly think that fast food is a "comfortable environment," you likely never paid attention to what's going on behind the register.
I have worked "behind the register" in my high school days. 

I value my experience over your opinion. No offense.

Kev3188 said:
None taken.

You're not the only one who worked in a restaurant, though...
So tell us. How much should someone make at a fast food restaurant ?
And please don't use the union mantra, "A living wage".

southwind said:
If the median wage had kept pace with productivity growth over the last 40 years, it would now be $28.42 instead of $16.30. In other words, an $18.67 minimum wage sounds shockingly high because the already affluent have captured most of the economic growth in the last 40 years, not because the economy hasn’t seen the kind of productivity growth consistent with that kind of minimum wage growth.

http://www.epi.org/publication/lagging-minimum-wage-reason-americans-wages/

southwind said:

This policy choice is clear when one looks at the evidence. First, unionization has held up much better in the public sector, where employers have less ability to fight organizing drives. Second, in 2007, the share of non-union workers who said they wanted to be represented by a union or similar organization reached an all-time high of over 50 percent (Freeman 2007). There is a growing wedge between the desire to organize and bargain collectively, and workers’ ability to do so. And, third, even the most obvious form of employer aggressiveness—the firing of workers who are trying to organize—has risen sharply in recent decades, according to the National Labor Relations Board (Schmitt and Zipperer 2007).

The fact is that the decline of unions can explain approximately one-third of the growth of wage inequality among men and approximately one-fifth among women since the 1970s (Western and Rosenfeld 2011). This rising wage inequality is the key driver behind stagnant wages for workers at the bottom. When low-wage workers have been able to organize, unionization is associated with higher wages and benefits for many, including food preparation workers, cashiers, cafeteria workers, childcare workers, cooks, housekeepers, and home-care aides (Schmitt et al. 2007).

http://www.epi.org/publication/why-americas-workers-need-faster-wage-growth/

Back