APFA Demands Recall of ALL Flight Attendants

On a positive note ........ more from APFA:

"After nearly three years of stagnation, we are very happy to welcome back some of our furloughed members to active status. A total of 131 recalled Flight Attendants begin flying today our of BOS, DCA and LGA. This is great news for our furloughed members who are returning to their chosen career. It is also positive news for those who have been subject to rising reserve lists, reassignments and reschedules and understaffed flights. While these numbers are far from huge and will not provide the relief we truly need in our day-to-day operation, we are hopeful the company will recall more of our furloughed members in the very near future."

On a personal note:

StraaightTaalk Yesterday, 06:24 AM Post #7

"Look in the mirror (assuming it doesn't shatter.) "

You appear to have a very "gay' personality but the word "straight" appears in your username.

May I ask: Are you GENDER CHALLENGED ?

Just curious.

On a positive note ........ more from APFA:

"After nearly three years of stagnation, we are very happy to welcome back some of our furloughed members to active status. A total of 131 recalled Flight Attendants begin flying today our of BOS, DCA and LGA. This is great news for our furloughed members who are returning to their chosen career. It is also positive news for those who have been subject to rising reserve lists, reassignments and reschedules and understaffed flights. While these numbers are far from huge and will not provide the relief we truly need in our day-to-day operation, we are hopeful the company will recall more of our furloughed members in the very near future."
On a personal note:

StraaightTaalk Yesterday, 06:24 AM Post #7
"Look in the mirror (assuming it doesn't shatter.) "

You appear to have a very "gay' personality but the word "straight" appears in your username.

May I ask: Are you GENDER CHALLENGED ?

Just curious.

Why does it matter to you? Are you looking for a date?

It wouldn't matter anyway. I don't date troglodytes, no matter the sex. :rolleyes:

Why does it matter to you? Are you looking for a date?

It wouldn't matter anyway. I don't date troglodytes, no matter the sex. :rolleyes:

Oh for Pete's sake! This exchange falls under, "Even God can't argue with ignorance". I don't think you can blame "this one" on "us"....lol

APFA says 131, AA says 130. Which is it? I just figured someone didn't pass their math class. Also, how does that compare to the numbers that responded to the recalls? I thought more said they were coming back. Any idea if any didn't pass medical and failed/quit training?

APFA says 131, AA says 130. Which is it? I just figured someone didn't pass their math class. Also, how does that compare to the numbers that responded to the recalls? I thought more said they were coming back. Any idea if any didn't pass medical and failed/quit training?

There are several who did not pass medical, one bcame ill during training, and I think mabe a few said, "are you kidding me?". Sometimes you want something for a very long time and when the logistics of commuting, reserve, and crash pads (in your 60's) really sinks in, minds are changed. Personally, I wouldn't have been able to be away from my family for three and 1/2 weeks. With forethought and planning, a good portion of the training could have been accomplished on-line, leaving just the "hands on" portion for FU. Probably could have been able to cut training to between 5-8 days. If I can get a degree from Harvard or Duke on-line, I certainly can complete a significant portion of training "on line".

Word is filtering back from the bases that the welcome has been wonderful and perceived problems have been just that...perceived. So far, everyone is pleased and knowing the reputation of many of those recalled, AA should be seeing the commendation letters start rolling in... After TWA started recalling from our very long strike, our customer service ratings went up in direct proportion to the % of recalls. This also happened after one of our long recalls. I guess its the "excitement" factor.

Oh for Pete's sake! This exchange falls under, "Even God can't argue with ignorance". I don't think you can blame "this one" on "us"....lol

I most certainly can, Nancy. It is one of your people who decided to go "there." :rolleyes:

You are quite the hypocrite, Nancy.

There are several who did not pass medical, one bcame ill during training, and I think mabe a few said, "are you kidding me?". Sometimes you want something for a very long time and when the logistics of commuting, reserve, and crash pads (in your 60's) really sinks in, minds are changed. Personally, I wouldn't have been able to be away from my family for three and 1/2 weeks. With forethought and planning, a good portion of the training could have been accomplished on-line, leaving just the "hands on" portion for FU. Probably could have been able to cut training to between 5-8 days. If I can get a degree from Harvard or Duke on-line, I certainly can complete a significant portion of training "on line".

Word is filtering back from the bases that the welcome has been wonderful and perceived problems have been just that...perceived. So far, everyone is pleased and knowing the reputation of many of those recalled, AA should be seeing the commendation letters start rolling in... After TWA started recalling from our very long strike, our customer service ratings went up in direct proportion to the % of recalls. This also happened after one of our long recalls. I guess its the "excitement" factor.

Maybe this group did not come "equipped" with an attitude, but, based on what I am reading from your group, future groups won't be quite so stellar.

I have to laugh at your continued argument that we are all AA, not two separate groups. It is you and your people who will keep the two groups separate forever, based on the attitudes I have read here, and also based on what you yourself have written. You are a hypocrite. You very conveniently overlook the rudeness of your own group, and while arguing that you do not feel that all things AA are bad, and all things TWA are good, this undertone is threaded throughout your posts.

202 letters were sent out and 146 accepted. Counting the numbers in each of the four classes, I came up with 127. One had a stroke the first week and is still hospitalized in Dallas. Everybody made it through training. There were some who didn't pass medical, but they had to be rehired and assigned a base.

So it looks like 62-64% of those recalled actually set foot on an aircraft, or soon will. I would imagine a couple more will drop when they realize that no matter how much they wanted their job back, the logistics of commuting and being at the bottom of the list just won't work.

Hoping and assuming there will be more recalls, they'll be getting into younger people as it moves along, so I would expect health issues to drop a little, so maybe the number who actually end up flying will rise a bit, but I don't think it will change that much.

It is you and your people who will keep the two groups separate forever, based on the attitudes I have read here
If you've actually read what's been posted here, you'd have found that there is a small strident group of hotheads on each side. Remember, a tiny percentage of the workforce participates in this board, or any other board, and these boards seem to, by nature, attract the negative.

Out on the line, I think you'll find our people are really just like your people. I expect one or two to come back with a chip on their shoulder, and I expect one or two of you guys to be the same. But I'll deal with it.

MK

Maybe this group did not come "equipped" with an attitude, but, based on what I am reading from your group, future groups won't be quite so stellar.

I have to laugh at your continued argument that we are all AA, not two separate groups. It is you and your people who will keep the two groups separate forever, based on the attitudes I have read here, and also based on what you yourself have written. You are a hypocrite. You very conveniently overlook the rudeness of your own group, and while arguing that you do not feel that all things AA are bad, and all things TWA are good, this undertone is threaded throughout your posts.

Actually, I didn't think FurloughedbyAPFA was former TWA. I do apologize. The comments you replied to were uncalled for but then so was your reply.

If anyone has preached unity (for the good of the whole), it is I. You can say many things about me but hypocrite is not an adjective ANYONE would use in describing me. I think I'm not only very objective but I have also been fairly quick to point out that none of us are perfect. All thing TWA were not good nor are all things AA. BUT, when and if you combine the two, you could come up with some pretty awesome contractual changes. Your pay is now where ours was before the acquisition. The difference is we had more quality of life work rules to offset some of the pay issues. And a big negative on our side, we only had one pay rate, no overtime difference. That is a big plus on your side.
There are only a few people that post here. Most are not f/as. Whether you want to admit it or not, people are going to be passionate about many issues. Look at the bonuses. Do I think the furloughed have been "wronged" by the APFA and AA. Absolutely! And that is not a seniority or TWA issue, it is a 100% concession issue. Do I blame JW and his total lack of negotiating skill (during the RPA). Absolutely! And once again, this is not an SIA issue but one that affected ALL AA f/as, especially the one's that took a 100% pay cut. The union did absolutely nothing to protect (and get recall parity) 6000 members. That is a huge chunk of the membership. I'm one of the lucky ones. I was old enough to retire, even though doing so will mean I will not actually ever be able to "retire". I have a career that I love, (and is even more frustrating than union work) but I will never stop fighting FOR the flight attendants. My years of experience and my ability to think out of the box is still being used, and to be honest the one thing I would have loved is to go up against AA. I guess I'll have to be content with squaring off against the State of Missouri...

Bottom line, you will run into some "stinkers" every now and then. Doesn't matter where they came from, they all are AA now. The nice thing about flying is your :eek:ffice" changes every trip. I'm betting you'll be pleasantly surprised. Peace.

Actually, I didn't think FurloughedbyAPFA was former TWA. I do apologize. The comments you replied to were uncalled for but then so was your reply.

My reply was quite mild compared to many I have seen on this board. The fact that you do not realize that shows your inherent prejudice.

FurloughedbyAPFA is nothing more than mere entertainment for me. His/her rants lack substance.

Note to Furloughed: The last time I checked, "gay" was not a "gender." :rolleyes:

Of course, this is all really a shame because you have lost a good ally on the line, FWIW.

My reply was quite mild compared to many I have seen on this board. The fact that you do not realize that shows your inherent prejudice.

FurloughedbyAPFA is nothing more than mere entertainment for me. His/her rants lack substance.

Note to Furloughed: The last time I checked, "gay" was not a "gender." :rolleyes:

Of course, this is all really a shame because you have lost a good ally on the line, FWIW.

Ok I'LL give you our FurloughedbyAPFA to equal your JN.
Pretty even.. That was ONE person I didn't think was "ours". That isn't prejudice, and it certainly wasn't based on his/her inappropriate post. I'm pretty to quick to jump on "both" sides because it is my firm belief that to continue in this vain only gives strength to the powers that be...Not a good idea with negotiations around the corner.

On the other hand, you have to look at Mark and Grant, who are "regulars". They are well informed, and consumate professionals. They represent the majority. And finally, we're talking AT THE MOST, 2000 divided into 20,000. Come on, be serious. Much ado about nothing.

FurloughedbyAPFA was waaay out of line with the gay comment...way out. Bad judgement...or bad merlot who knows? I believe that within all of us there is a filter between the brain and the mouth (or in this case the hands) and we would all be better off if we sometimes utilized it.
And as far as Nancy being a hypocrite?...that is laughable. I have the honor of knowing and working with her daily. She certainly does'nt need anyone to speak for her, but...I'll just say that I think that you would be a much better human being if you had her in your life, I certainly am.
And by now I think we all "get it" that you don't support an extension of recall rights for furloughed AA flight attendants. We'll continue to stay strong and unified with or without your support.

FurloughedbyAPFA was waaay out of line with the gay comment...way out. Bad judgement...or bad merlot who knows? I believe that within all of us there is a filter between the brain and the mouth (or in this case the hands) and we would all be better off if we sometimes utilized it.
And as far as Nancy being a hypocrite?...that is laughable. I have the honor of knowing and working with her daily. She certainly does'nt need anyone to speak for her, but...I'll just say that I think that you would be a much better human being if you had her in your life, I certainly am.
And by now I think we all "get it" that you don't support an extension of recall rights for furloughed AA flight attendants. We'll continue to stay strong and unified with or without your support.

Personally, I would much rather have had it been WITH my support. I felt very strongly about it.

Nancy was most definitely a hypocrite in chastising me for responding to FurloughedbyAPFA about the "gay" comment. I didn't feel the need to assert, or confirm, my "straightness," or "straaightness" LOL, because I am comfortable with my sexuality, and have no problem with what others do in the privacy of their bedrooms.

I thank you TWSkyliner for addressing this, though. Your post somewhat reaffirmed my prior belief that not all the TWA people wish us ill, or are only looking for one-way respect. I am still not completely persuaded.

FurloughedbyAPFA has seen to that.

Personally, I would much rather have had it been WITH my support. I felt very strongly about it.

Nancy was most definitely a hypocrite in chastising me for responding to FurloughedbyAPFA about the "gay" comment. I didn't feel the need to assert, or confirm, my "straightness," or "straaightness" LOL, because I am comfortable with my sexuality, and have no problem with what others do in the privacy of their bedrooms.

I thank you TWSkyliner for addressing this, though. Your post somewhat reaffirmed my prior belief that not all the TWA people wish us ill, or are only looking for one-way respect. I am still not completely persuaded.

FurloughedbyAPFA has seen to that.

I was not chastising you. I replied on your thread to add the reply. I happen to think you were BOTH out of line and yes he/she started it (and it was off topic and offensive) and you replied, keeping it going... I think you need to look up the definition of hypocrite. The Rev. McGuire, mom, mommie, Mamabird (or Bird), b***h, (that the ex's name for me), Ms. Nancy, all fit. Hypocrite does not.

As my good "friend" HST always said, "Always speak with sincerity, even if you don't mean it".

Mark, I am curious about your comment that the people that failed medical still had to be hired and given a base assignment. Why is that? So they still had to make them an employee again? So does that mean that they get medical and the ability to use their sick leave? Please explain it all to me. So out of the total 131/130 that everyone is talking about, there is actually less than that on the line working?